Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Great cover from Black when it really didn't matter. That was really impressive from the kid.
It's not a once off either, he's competed on these plays a few times at Cup level which is what you want to see.

Still, he's every bit of 18. He's done well this year, but has a long way to go. A big pre-season will go a long way and I'm sure he'll be a big part of the 2025 trials.

One thing is, the club rates him and he'll get his shot in due course.

It's not a once off either, he's competed on these plays a few times at Cup level which is what you want to see.

Still, he's every bit of 18. He's done well this year, but has a long way to go. A big pre-season will go a long way and I'm sure he'll be a big part of the 2025 trials.

One thing is, the club rates him and he'll get his shot in due course.

Yeah he is raw but you can see why the club rates him for sure, there's a lot there to be excited about. He'll definitely get some games next year, probably while Reyno is inevitably out injured.

The thing that really impresses me is that it really does seem to me that he would work really well with Mozer, Mam and Walsh with his pace and ability to play eyes up footy. His long kicking looks really good too.

The thing that impressed me most about Black's game today was the speed at which he recovered from the intercept pass he threw. I was not aware he had that turn of speed, but the rate he covered ground to get back and defend his mistake was heartening to see.

The thing that impressed me most about Black's game today was the speed at which he recovered from the intercept pass he threw. I was not aware he had that turn of speed, but the rate he covered ground to get back and defend his mistake was heartening to see.

Yeah he's impressively quick. He's got a LOT to like.

Langer Trophy Final tomorrow.

Marsden v PBC in Langer.

Marsden 13 Tupou Francis is a Bronco. He's the captain and has been outstanding to beat the unbeaten Ipswich in a final is a massive achievement in itself but now they earn the right o play PBC.

Both halves Harrison for PBC and Andrews for Marsden are Titans. PBC fifth final in a row and I think Harrison will be too strong. He was the best half in Meninga and I expect he's going to do the double.

In Hancock Cup today- Baxter Best for Ipswich- Just like Bradman he's so robust and solid from the back. I think he will be a centre but fullback is fun to watch at the moment.

Not just me watching and admiring Smith- Dolphins have taken him from the Pride to be an NRL assistant.

Hostplus Cup Round 23​

The 2024 minor premiers - Northern Pride​

There is no question mark over this one - the Northern Pride secured the minor premiership two weeks ago. Currently undefeated since Round 9, the Cairns-based team have been an absolute force throughout season 2024, racking up 16 wins and just three losses on their way to top spot. Regardless of the result this weekend, Eric Smith's men will finish in first place and are guaranteed two home finals throughout this year's series. They will hope to finish the regular season with one last win when they come to the Gold Coast this Saturday to take on the Burleigh Bears.

Top two​

Pride are settled for first place, but the battle for second is ongoing. At the moment, Dave Elliott's Norths Devils sit in second place on the ladder with 32 points and a differential of 245. Behind them in third spot is Redcliffe Dolphins - coached by Ben Te'o - with 30 points and a differential of 184. A win for the Devils this Saturday over Sunshine Coast Falcons would lock up second place for them and the chance to host two home finals across this year's series. But a loss and a Redcliffe victory over Mackay Cutters could spell trouble for Norths depending on the for-and-against from each match. The two teams are currently separated by 61 differential points. They both kick off at 5pm on Saturday, so stay tuned.

Top four​

Regardless of who finishes second, the Devils cannot fall out of the top four and it would take highly unlikely circumstances for the Dolphins not to be there as well. With three of the four spots basically all tied up, that only leaves one place remaining. At the moment, it is held by Sunshine Coast, who face a tough task this weekend in coming up against the Devils. If they win, fourth spot is theirs. But sitting just outside them in fifth place at the moment is the PNG Hunters. The Hunters do have a -27 for-and-against but a Falcons loss and a win for PNG in Port Moresby against the Western Clydesdales would see them move into the coveted top four, guaranteeing themselves two weeks of finals action - one of which would be at home. If both teams lose, Burleigh Bears (sixth) and Wynnum Manly Seagulls (seventh) loom as outside chances.

Rounding out the top eight​

There are two battles remaining within the top eight. First is the fight for fifth and sixth to secure week one home finals. Currently the Hunters and Bears hold those spots respectively, with Wynnum Manly Seagulls (seventh) and Central Queensland Capras (eighth) able to still take a home elimination final, pending Round 23 results for themselves. But the Capras in particular need a win this weekend if they want to stay in the eight at all. Sitting below the Capras in ninth are the Townsville Blackhawks, who will enjoy a bye this weekend. They will automatically go to 27 points, ahead of the Capras on 26. If the Capras cannot overcome Tweed Seagulls, their season will be over. No doubt the Blackhawks will be watching that Saturday match with bated breath.

Smith to replace Te'o as well as assistant job with Woolf. Gee poor Pride imagine if he wins the thing and is leaving.

I'm just watching the Souths game again from last weekend and Black is no less impressive on re-watch. I don't think the Falcons first try was legit and it came down to their winger popping a hammy or something but also Black covered beautifully.

Semu is pretty athletic for a big dude, I can definitely see him playing first grade a bit next year, I reckon he'd go alright at second row too.

Leota continues to be...there too. You can see the appeal there with him but he just seems so footy dumb. He is very athletic though, expect to see him given games next year, I guess they need to see what we've got with him.

Te Kura, look if we have to lose Haas to keep him and Willison, do it. This kid is one of the most impressive youngsters I've seen come through and his size and athleticism is freakish, we haven't had anything close since maybe Petero or Thorn.

If we fast forward a few years, size wise, imagine having this (and yes I know salary cap means it won't happen most likely):

8. Willison
10. Te Kura
11. Semu
12. Carrigan
13. Haas

Canavan the new QRL Chair. It’s my dream team. I wanted Canavan and Ikin to be the Broncos admin.

Innes onto the ball like a bullet runs 40m and scores.

*Forward.

Great everything except the pass from Hamilton- step and run was sensational.

Innes again on the right, makes the break, pass for Karapani to score.

What five minutes for your first starting game.

Great half, Bears are back. Hamiliton and Innes have a great little combination on the right.

Pride are looking for it, so Hamiliton kicks for a try Schwass. Pride one chance down a short side and took it.

Duffy needs to put some pressure on Innes, you have a rookie fullback playing his first starting game and I don't think he's had to catch one kick under pressure.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.