Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Pride v Dolphins.

I can't see a way the Pride don't win- a week off, playing a prelim at home after winning 38-0 week one. I don't even know how you could get a more perfect finals situation.

The Pride will pull out the game plan from the Falcons game, Dolphins are big too and the plan will be move them around. Pride changes angles and go to line to line and then back through the middle with flat attack.

Duffy will get them around and then Chester will come into 6 and run hard and straight. Once they are spread out trying to cover the line to line it will be the stuff dreams are made of through the middle.

Pride's defence is technically very good, they roll players on their back and dominate with great defence.

Backrow is all compact and short- ideal for tackling up and under the ball.

Norths v Hunters

Same situation as the Pride, won week one convincingly and playing at home again after a week off. That's a finals dream.

Norths just have so much strike and I think the Hunters will hit the wall. Norths strength is the dummy half- Moseley and now Christian are just too fast, and everything moves too fast for teams from their dummy half work.

Lipp will have an impact at some time.

Norths to play in their third Grand Final in four years.

Chester with a great effort to stop Te Whare but hard to bring him down.

What a wild 10 minutes.

Dolphins taken two chances and Pride probably left two out there.

Pride just need to calm down and get the ball to spots they can unleash Chester. They look jittery.

Smith has to get this HT right.

Golden Point. Redcliffe no bench and no Fuller.

It’s been gutsy, Pride keep not doing what’s worked.

Chester and Duffy have to touch the ball the whole set. A Chester run will get them into FG range.

Wonder what Ben Te’O’s wife would be saying now @1910

Focus on watching games mate. Winning today doesn't make conceding 46 just fade away.

They missed 39 tackles and the three tries they gave up were terrible defence.

They scrambled well today but Te Whare should not be getting pushed off running backwards on his line. If you think that's good defence I am ok with that.

Or Child, a second rower dummying and scoring untouched under the posts in the first 20 minutes.

Focus on watching games mate. Winning today doesn't make conceding 46 just fade away.

They missed 39 tackles and the three tries they gave up were terrible defence.

They scrambled well today but Te Whare should not be getting pushed off running backwards on his line. If you think that's good defence I am ok with that.

Or Child, a second rower dummying and scoring untouched under the posts in the first 20 minutes.
BHQ staple… @1910 being able to dish it but not take it.

Fair win that. Go Ben Te’o

Be interesting to see how Norths go tomorrow, Pride just looked clunky in attack. Not sure if Norths handle the week off better or not. Pride had the bye late in the season too.

Then the focus is next week, a prelim in Cairns at 2pm going into extra time and your star fullback does his ACL places a few question marks on next week and no bench for a large part of the game, had guys playing more minutes this week.

Tough for Redcliffe to back that up after losing fuller. I’m sure they’ll have a crack. Seems like it’s Norths title to fumble now

Val looked pretty quick in that long range try. Haven't watched much cup this year, but he looked a handful.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Skathen
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RodF
  • barker
  • BroncosMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • porouian
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.