2024 State of Origin discussion

I don't mind Walsh getting to bounce off Ponga during the origin build up. It will be good for him.

Where is this narrative about Fifita being lazy. Have people been watching the last two years? He does more work than most backrowers. 3 or 4 years ago maybe. He seems to be held to a standard that some of these other guys aren't.

Good argument .
But ,,, Capewell vs Fifita . I take Fifita thanks .
As a player? Maybe….(work ethic sucks, impact way better than Capewell)
As a fit for a team? No thanks.

Where is this narrative about Fifita being lazy. Have people been watching the last two years? He does more work than most backrowers. 3 or 4 years ago maybe. He seems to be held to a standard that some of these other guys aren't.
The Fifita laziness stems a lot from him not doing the little things when he doesn't have the ball. I'm talking about pressuring the kicker, leading the kick chase, running decoys to put others in good positions and rucking it out of their own end when they are in trouble. He is an absolute attacking weapon no doubt but his overall play leaves a lot to be desired and is really covered up by his attacking flair. Only problem is in origin, he doesn't run over the shit ***** that every team has as they are all elite players in their positions.

Yep !
I have watched him a bit . Chases from the inside , works to get off the ground and onside / square . Doesn`t clock off much that I`ve seen .
The lazy meme is coming from lazy people .

💯 this. Billy doesn’t seem like a bloke who would want to put up with shit. He was also a very hard worker a d trainer from what I heard. The reality is, Fifita is like an upgraded TPJ. Game breaker, weapon and could easily be one of the best ever.
But….
Is also a silly, lazy, fade in and out of games c*nt. Why would you want a bloke like that in your team?
Would you rather a Cotter/Patty type of player or Fifi/TPJ? Exactly.

I remember at some point he did a best athlete in Aus sport where he went up against the best from all sports in all sorts of fitness tests, etc and he smashed everyone.

For mine Fifita’s omission is all character based. Clearly Billy or someone in the selection room has questions about his character because based on our forward depth and his footy alone he should be in there.

TBF in his relatively short career so far he has displayed plenty of character concerns so you can’t blame them.
If he didn't choose the comfortable footy route down on the GC he'd be a rep mainstay and most likely have a premiership with us by now (imagine our squad last year with him in the side...)

The Fifita laziness stems a lot from him not doing the little things when he doesn't have the ball. I'm talking about pressuring the kicker, leading the kick chase, running decoys to put others in good positions and rucking it out of their own end when they are in trouble. He is an absolute attacking weapon no doubt but his overall play leaves a lot to be desired and is really covered up by his attacking flair. Only problem is in origin, he doesn't run over the shit ***** that every team has as they are all elite players in their positions.
He rucks it out plenty of times. A hell of a lot more than the two guys picked in front of him. I had the same opinion about him 3 years ago but he has been great for years in all these areas. Not the best like cotter carrigan etc but just as good as these two other blokes. Throw in the x factor and I don't get why he cannot make it in over capewell and kaufusi. Especially on the bench.

He has the 2nd highest tackle efficiency out of all the other qld backrowers. Only 0.06% behind kaufusi and he beats the shit out of them on metres gained. By alot. Nanai is the closest with 1304m and he has played 3 more games lol

Fifita 1845m from 12 games.

It's a poor decision from the QLD selectors. All series
But I'll have faith in Capewell and Kaufusi to play their role.
At least we have Gagai - he's dead-set Superman in Maroon.

He has the 2nd highest tackle efficiency out of all the other qld backrowers. Only 0.06% behind kaufusi and he beats the shit out of them on metres gained. By alot. Nanai is the closest with 1304m and he has played 3 more games lol

Fifita 1845m from 12 games.
Case in point @JayPee.
His stats are off the charts better, but they don’t tell the whole story. He must really be a shit bloke off the field if Slater doesn’t even want him in camp 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fifita has played Origins before and has been almost invisible. In club games you can disappear for 60 minutes and then have a highlight reel 20 minutes and it gets papered over. Not in Origin.

Maguire using the same glass houses dig on Tallis and the NSW media soaking it up is pretty embarrassing. It’s like a kid that told a joke once that everyone chuckled out so the say the same joke over and over. He is lucky he is coaching NSW and not QLD because the media would destroy him otherwise.

Fifita has played Origins before and has been almost invisible. In club games you can disappear for 60 minutes and then have a highlight reel 20 minutes and it gets papered over. Not in Origin.
I don’t want to derail this this discussion but **** I got shivers thinking of Walsh as the comparison.
Hope it’s just an age thing.

Harry Grant looking likely to be out of this one. Mahoney coming in could be fun because he will no doubt create some angst with Blues players.

Have you watched the Titans play recently ?

Have you watched the Titans play recently ?

Yes I have, and my opinion still stands. He is a downhill runner. He can do some freakish stuff for a forward, but only on the back of field position and momentum earned by others. He would have been useless in Origin 2.

Yes I have, and my opinion still stands. He is a downhill runner. He can do some freakish stuff for a forward, but only on the back of field position and momentum earned by others. He would have been useless in Origin 2.
We talking about the same David Fifitas???? Not Andrews brother.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.