2024 State of Origin discussion

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I swear people don't watch Cotter play. He has been one of qlds best since he started playing in the middle and it will be no different in game 3. Stop overreacting about the qld forward pack in game 2. I'm telling you it is going to be a completely different game.

You are talking to one of the worst trolls on here - its right in this poster's signature.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Madge says hello, from his glass house.

That's not a feud it's one coach trying to be aggressive and put pressure back on Slater. It was very standard in Origin it's just gone away and come back with Madge.

Madge has tried to old school the Blues in his approach. He's done a good job.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Cobbs has every right to be pissed. He dropped him in game 2 after a blinder and said he had things to work, needed needles and implied he was still a bit immature. All things that should have been kept a million miles away from the media grubs. Then when Coates goes down he's all of a sudden the man for the job in Billy's eyes.

I think Billy handled this one real bad. The same as the Fifita omission. I mean what's going on there?

He was looking like a future coaching prospect for an NRL team after last year's origin series, however as it stands for this series he's not looking that great at all.

We beat a team who were a man down for most of the game (and even then there were periods NSW were the better team) and then obviously getting smacked in Game 2. Losing a decider in Suncorp would be quite the blow for him and on paper, NSW will most likely win the battle of field position when you compare the two packs.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Rumour Cobbo and Slater aren't seeing eye to eye

....said Danny Weirder.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
....said Danny Weirder.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Did you see Bill’s reaction?

Honestly I said earlier no one could feud with Billy and I meant it. I have never seen a more relational or thoughtful coach. Knows everything about his players- players’ kids get jumpers presented to them with their name on just because he wants you to be happy.

He spends a lot of time knowing his players to the point where if someone said I don’t get on with Bill, I’d know it’s you not him.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Billy seems to be getting a bit snappy with the media this year. Perhaps the pressure is getting to him a little bit.

It would be understandable if it is. At the end of the day, he's only coached a total of 6 games.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Billy seems to be getting a bit snappy with the media this year. Perhaps the pressure is getting to him a little bit.

It would be understandable if it is. At the end of the day, he's only coached a total of 6 games.
Everyone fucking hates Sydney media... he just gives zero shit what they think or their questions

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Just like in 22, DCE has to kick early and find grass no other option if NSW start their sets with momentum they're over halfway and Queensland are monstered.

Queensland's right edge- Nanai, DCE and Holmes made 102 tackles in Melbourne, you can't have your edge doing that work. Again DCE has to improve and move if him and Gagai are slow moving it's going to be carnage.

Ponga is the interesting one, if Queensland are getting flogged then Ponga is making 23 tackles and getting bashed. Queensland will split the sides, Ponga goes left so he will attack as a second fullback with Dearden and Walsh and DCE have the right. Queensland used to do it with Lockyer, Slater, Cronk/Morgan and Thurston.

I find the coaching battle intriguing, Madge for all his bluster and talk and Slater with his prep after a flogging.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
The recipients of the Dick ‘Tosser’ Turner Medal are:

• Martin Bella
  • Greg Conescu
  • Trevor Gillmeister
  • Allan Langer
  • Gary Larson
  • Wally Lewis
  • Bob Lindner
  • Darren Lockyer
  • Mal Meninga
  • Gene Miles
  • Steve Price
  • Dale Shearer
  • Matt Sing
  • Darren Smith
  • Paul Vautin
  • Kevin Walters
  • Shane Webcke
  • Petero Civoniceva
  • Cameron Smith
  • Johnathan Thurston
  • Nate Myles
  • Billy Slater
  • Brent Tate
  • Justin Hodges
  • Greg Inglis
  • Sam Thaiday
  • Matt Scott
  • Cooper Cronk
  • Darius Boyd
  • Matt Gillett
  • Josh Papalii
  • Dane Gagai
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Ben Hunt

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Devo that Sproj has pulled out of Origin at this late stage. Honestly not sure what Queensland can do now to fill that gap, he just does all the one percenters. Such a hard worker from the initial team lists to the pre-game match ups right through to the post-game match ups. And it's the little things you don't see as well, like... well, I don't know, because I didn't see them. But I'm sure they are valuable.

Just a tough out.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • bb_gun
  • Evander
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • barker
  • bert_lifts
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.