2024 State of Origin discussion

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
We talking about the same David Fifitas???? Not Andrews brother.

It's true, he isn't the kind of guy who rucks it up coming out of danger, he has been doing that lately but it's not what you associate him with. He isn't leading the kick chase, all of those smaller things.

Can score a try though.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Can score a try though.

If we lose due to an inability to get through their line and a lack of strike, Billy will have some uncomfortable questions to uncomfortably answer.

With Walsh and Ponga both in the team, he's likely thinking he'll just finesse his way through, but there doesn't seem to be a Plan B if that's not working.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Good argument .
But ,,, Capewell vs Fifita . I take Fifita thanks .
Billy had this decision last season he choose Fifita over Capewell and Kaufusi and we won the series, a year on and he choose both of them over Fifita.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I've always been a big fan of D.Fifita.....but admittedly, its purely based on his ability to create something out of nothing by using his explosive brute force.
I tend to overlook some of his other playing failures because IMO, he'll win more games for you than lose.

I agree with Kasfusi one last time......he can/will hurt someone on the other side. He treads the fine line.

I would have gone Fifita and have one of my staff gearing him up for game of his life. There's no way he'd be going MIA on my watch.....

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
lets be real fafita is playing twice as good this year then last year do you want to know the only thing differant this year? he pissed of politis.

They dont call him the god father of rugby league for nothing. that man has so many fingers in so many aspects of league it is not funny and is a known narcisist. you piss him of and he makes life difficult for you.

it sucks because this is the first time in memory qld have not picked the best side available out of pure personal spite from some. Scary to think this could be the first signs of us turning into nsw. and on slaters watch no less.

in saying that if we win game 3 this is all mute and will be forgotten about.

Think that hardest part is for years now the qld team has always felt like it has been honest with the qld ppl on selection. this time the words being said and the body language all seem so fake.
i'm probably being hypobolic but it feels like this year they have forgotten what it is to be qld'er

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
lets be real fafita is playing twice as good this year then last year do you want to know the only thing differant this year? he pissed of politis.

They dont call him the god father of rugby league for nothing. that man has so many fingers in so many aspects of league it is not funny and is a known narcisist. you piss him of and he makes life difficult for you.

it sucks because this is the first time in memory qld have not picked the best side available out of pure personal spite from some. Scary to think this could be the first signs of us turning into nsw. and on slaters watch no less.

in saying that if we win game 3 this is all mute and will be forgotten about.

Think that hardest part is for years now the qld team has always felt like it has been honest with the qld ppl on selection. this time the words being said and the body language all seem so fake.
i'm probably being hypobolic but it feels like this year they have forgotten what it is to be qld'er

What would Politis have to do with Slater?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Maguire using the same glass houses dig on Tallis and the NSW media soaking it up is pretty embarrassing. It’s like a kid that told a joke once that everyone chuckled out so the say the same joke over and over. He is lucky he is coaching NSW and not QLD because the media would destroy him otherwise.

he should probably win something first ... because once QLD win on Wednesday, he'll be out of a job again.

I suppose it will give him something to giggle about while waiting in line at Centrelink

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
It's true, he isn't the kind of guy who rucks it up coming out of danger, he has been doing that lately but it's not what you associate him with. He isn't leading the kick chase, all of those smaller things.

Can score a try though.
He has been doing it for 2 years. We must be watching a different bloke. He isnt making all these metres 5m out from the line.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
What would Politis have to do with Slater?
or QLD.....?

No Idea Idk GIF by Travis

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Latrell being out is a huge break for QLD, Best being ruled out would be too. Burton is obviously a really good centre and has different skills to worry about but Crichton/Latrell or Best/To'o is too powerful.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Cotter is just too small to be a starting front rower in origin. Huge mistake picking him there

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Cotter is just too small to be a starting front rower in origin. Huge mistake picking him there
I swear people don't watch Cotter play. He has been one of qlds best since he started playing in the middle and it will be no different in game 3. Stop overreacting about the qld forward pack in game 2. I'm telling you it is going to be a completely different game.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Rumour Cobbo and Slater aren't seeing eye to eye
Cobbs has every right to be pissed. He dropped him in game 2 after a blinder and said he had things to work, needed needles and implied he was still a bit immature. All things that should have been kept a million miles away from the media grubs. Then when Coates goes down he's all of a sudden the man for the job in Billy's eyes.

I think Billy handled this one real bad. The same as the Fifita omission. I mean what's going on there?

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.