2024 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

NSW just too good. Dominated really in contact and leg speed. They probably should have won by more if we are being honest. If it was refereed like a club game they run over the top of them earlier.

They didn't look well coached with the ball. Maybe fatigue caught up with them but the structures were bad. Decoys were out of position and ponga and Walsh just looked lost. Grant is really struggling. Something is amiss with him atm. Really missed Tino and some more punch in the backrow. I wonder who could have been picked.... anyway

Its hard to win 3 in a row...we really got spoilt by that that dynasty.
QLD really gets affected by injuries more than NSW, just don't have the depth. Hopefully next year can be closer to full strength.
Not a great year footy wise. QLD losing, Broncos a huge chance of missing the top 8...maybe Brisbane Heat stole all the luck last year.

One thing the Broncos should take from this is when shit gets put on from dickheads like Luai the whole team needs to just go after the grubs. How many times do we see Walsh get roughed up either in the tackle or after passing yet we just stand there and do nothing about it. Make the ref make a decision.

Sliding doors but had Reynolds not popped his arm he would’ve been #7

DCE was off his game, crap dropouts, killing momentum with ball in hand. Dude must've thought he had all the time in the world sometimes

Grant wasn't as nippy as we needed him to be.

Hamiso is great on attack, but his defense is utter s_ _ t

Yet. He needs a lot of good coaching but not sure where he gets it from. Much like James roberts, no one can figure out a plan for him.
Im about two more errant passes away from putting him in the bin with Robert’s

I wonder if Dylan Edwards is going to be competing in the steeplechase in the olympics in a few weeks. I say it nearly every week but **** me that dude is a monster.

On the Ponga at lock sub, that really only works if your forwards are on top. Our forwards were never at any point going to get over the top of that NSW pack. But he made the move anyways and Ponga offered little and didn't defend well in the line to boot.

Probably just needed to be a swap for Walsh at that point.

I think this game also showed how short drops outs are the way to go if you practice them. It took a while for the coaches to figure out getting the ball back > not getting the ball back. Its sort of like when they figured out that 3 points is better than 2 in basketball.

Terrific game overall BUT well and truly influenced with possession at 60 40 in the first half.
I can't complain about the restarts conceded but where the **** were ours for similar offences.
Murray HAD to be sent, no questions asked, you simply cannot be involved in that from the bench especially when you run to it.
If there was ever any doubt about refs game managing it was put to bed tonight.
Klein at half time spoke to both captains and told them to fix things up because it doesn't look good for the game.
NOT YOU'RE JOB FUCKSTICK.
Ref what happens.
Overall I still feel like NSW were the better side.
We gave ourselves a chance with our D but kept gruelling ourselves with handling errors and dumb shit like Walsh getting up and being taken into touch.
If we have our full side next year we win , they can't play any better.

On the Ponga at lock sub, that really only works if your forwards are on top. Our forwards were never at any point going to get over the top of that NSW pack. But he made the move anyways and Ponga offered little and didn't defend well in the line to boot.

Probably just needed to be a swap for Walsh at that point.
I thought he should have swapped with Gagai, and just roamed around more.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • BooKhaki
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Xzei
  • pagey
  • Manofoneway
  • Jason Simmons
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jarro65
  • Skyblues87
  • Brocko
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.