2024 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

The NSW media are driving me crazy with their defence of Cam Murray not being sent off.
Clearly all on the same page, repeating, "what was he supposed to do".
At least 10 different journos, commentators etc saying word for word the same thing.
Haven't heard 1 Qlder just say back, make a better decision. Stay in your seat you're not supposed to get involved in the play no matter what's happening.
It's not like anyone was in danger of getting punched.
Bulldog Ritchie actually blamed Qld for previous years of bullying NSW so it was a line in the sand moment to say they had enough.
I think they actually believe there own bullshit.

I just laugh. Shoe on the other foot, they would be absolutely baying for blood. The justification from Bwaif was just laughable...."I've heard comments from Tallis, Parker, Smith etc all week condemning what happened...but youse can't tell me that if that happened while they were playing that Tallis, Parker, Smith and co wouldn't have done the same thing." Or words to that effect. Way to miss the fucking point you utter moron.

Your comparing Kevs system to the storm, who have had 20 years to build that on top of the greatest players ever. We are coming back from a wooden spoon 4 years ago, unlike the storm who won a premiership 4 years ago. During 2023 we had a next man up mentality. It was there during origin. We won most of our games during origin and all of our losses came with Reyno in the side.. After building that consistency in 2023 we lost 4 of our top 17. I have never seen that at another club, maybe two or three players max but never 4 top 17 players. Combine the loss of those four players with injuries to our first choice halfback, star fullback, star prop having surgery & about 10 other players throughout the season and origin camp for the likes of Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo, Walsh, Piakura, Mam...

Then there is representative duties at the back end of last season 5 of our players meaning they were unavailable to return to pre-season training (storm had two players in the Australian side) followed by a shortened pre-season and an exhibition to be played in Las Vegas...So late start and early finish to our preseason.

There are a heap of mitigating factors why we might look a bit frantic or uncoached. I don't think its a weakness, I don't think Bellamy or Bennet or Cleary or any other coach could get more out of the side given what's happened in the last 12 months.

Compare us to clubs who have won the spoon in the last 4 years. I'm talking the Tigers, Titans, Dragons, Bulldogs. Even though some are improving I dont anticipate any of them will be competing for a title this year, which is what Kevy has achieved coming back from the Wooden spoon.
smallviolin-1.png

Wow, where did you find that picture of a giant playing an normal sized violin? :rofl

You and Sproj .
But , but . but the sun was in their eyes . LOL .

Actually the Reyno video I watched yesterday restored my faith in all things Broncos . He gave Kev a lot of raps and described the path ways that are in place for the next generation . There was also a snippet talking about Coby Black I presume saying he kicks better bombs than him or Jock !

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • The Don
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Ronald
  • Dash
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Browny
  • Dee
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • Shane Tronc
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dreaglor
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.