2024 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

He was also looking to play Patty for 80 in Game 2 despite it being 22-0 after 20mins... only break he got was when moron Klown put him in the bin
and I guess further criticism. A Billy slater coached football side didnt even look like scoring a try last night.

Probably a sign that he cant coach or something. Lets ask Cobbo, QLD's smartest player, best speaker and brand ambassador to the Wolfie, Mchunt & Co's "lets sack kevy" campaign.

SO what your saying is. Despite the coach having a good game plan, playing the star middle for enormous minutes is warranted due to injuries to key players.

Why not apply that same logic to your ongoing criticism of Kevy? We too have had injuries and been running against the grain for refereeing decisions during games. Are injuries to key players and refereeing only relevant as an excuse to a teams that Kevy is not the coach?

I mean, Munster, Flegler, Tino being absent seems mighty similar to Reynolds, Haas, Walsh being absent for extended periods? Perhaps there is something to having your best side available to play, just not when your Kevy I guess.

No, thats not what i am saying at all. Thats what your saying. Just because i say i can see why Billy and Kevvie do it doesnt mean i'm a fan of them doing it or i agree with it.

There have been plenty of games over the last 2 years especially where Kevvie for example could have straight swapped Hetherington for Pat instead of playing Kobe as a prop. Its not like this has been a thing thats happened only this year. He was doing it with Payne as well until last year.

So whats the excuse for Kev for doing it when we didnt have injuries? Your argument and defence of Walters is only valid if he is only doing it when we have lost players, which clearly hasnt been the case. Plenty of games even this year he could have given him a spell, and he hasnt.

Twisting you wanting to be critical of Billy into a defence of Kevvie is a bit odd anyway. They have both stuffed up in 2024 in lots of ways.

In regards to Pat, it shows how important he's become to any team he is playing in.

and I guess further criticism. A Billy slater coached football side didnt even look like scoring a try last night.

Probably a sign that he cant coach or something. Lets ask Cobbo, QLD's smartest player, best speaker and brand ambassador to the Wolfie, Mchunt & Co's "lets sack kevy" campaign.

Billy has got so much wrong this series.

No, thats not what i am saying at all. Thats what your saying. Just because i say i can see why Billy and Kevvie do it doesnt mean i'm a fan of them doing it or i agree with it.

There have been plenty of games over the last 2 years especially where Kevvie for example could have straight swapped Hetherington for Pat instead of playing Kobe as a prop. Its not like this has been a thing thats happened only this year. He was doing it with Payne as well until last year.

So whats the excuse for Kev for doing it when we didnt have injuries? Your argument and defence of Walters is only valid if he is only doing it when we have lost players, which clearly hasnt been the case. Plenty of games even this year he could have given him a spell, and he hasnt.

Twisting you wanting to be critical of Billy into a defence of Kevvie is a bit odd anyway. They have both stuffed up in 2024 in lots of ways.

In regards to Pat, it shows how important he's become to any team he is playing in.
Never seen kobe ball play. His strengths are his speed and footwork through the middle. Last year we had palasia and capewell ball play when carrigan went off.

Either way we won 5 from 7 at the start of the season before reyno and the others injury. Would have been 6 from 7 if we had reyno for the second half of the storm game and Mariner didn't break his back.

Regardless, even the best coaches can't win games with half their cap missing. And it seems all coaches expect their stars to fill the void, as has been happening with patty.

All good wolfie,
Never seen kobe ball play. His strengths are his speed and footwork through the middle. Last year we had palasia and capewell ball play when carrigan went off.

Either way we won 5 from 7 at the start of the season before reyno and the others injury. Would have been 6 from 7 if we had reyno for the second half of the storm game and Mariner didn't break his back.

Regardless, even the best coaches can't win games with half their cap missing. And it seems all coaches expect their stars to fill the void, as has been happening with patty.

Kobe has played a fair bit of lock for us already. There was a time when plenty of people thought he should be playing there. I dont see any excuse not to use him or somebody else to give Patty a spell over the past 2 or 3 years. We still have had enough bodies to give him at least a 10-15 min break in games.

Its not just down to injuries why we arent playing well. We look poorly coached this year, and we look like we play with a lack of structure, which we did last year a lot as well but when its not working, it exposes a lot of weaknesses. We play a high risk, high reward style of footy. That relies on all your best players being on the field and what they try coming off. Its hard to keep that style of play effective when you literaly have the likes of Sailor replacing Walsh, or Madden replacing Arey. Thats why i think we need a more basic foundation to build from.

Kobe has played a fair bit of lock for us already. There was a time when plenty of people thought he should be playing there. I dont see any excuse not to use him or somebody else to give Patty a spell over the past 2 or 3 years. We still have had enough bodies to give him at least a 10-15 min break in games.

Its not just down to injuries why we arent playing well. We look poorly coached this year, and we look like we play with a lack of structure, which we did last year a lot as well but when its not working, it exposes a lot of weaknesses. We play a high risk, high reward style of footy. That relies on all your best players being on the field and what they try coming off. Its hard to keep that style of play effective when you literaly have the likes of Sailor replacing Walsh, or Madden replacing Arey. Thats why i think we need a more basic foundation to build from.
Sounds like you need a better coach like Todd Payten...

It was a mistake to select Ponga on the bench. Slater should have gone with D.Fifita.....

In the later stages of both halves, as we saw it play out
Fifta against a tired defensive line w/could have put on some points.

Unless he's injured or experiences another period of "disinterest"......Fifita has to be on the bench next SOO series.
If he's right....and he's used right, there isn't a better impact forward in the game.

Walsh, Ponga, Grant, Hunt, DCE, Deardon....all on the field at the same time, cried desperation for a Hail Mary victory....

I think Billy, JT and Cam have to realise........after Munster, there is no once in a generation talent who is going to grab games by the neck and win them for QLD like they themselves enjoyed. They have to think harder about their selections and the balance within the team.

I've always thought when it comes to selections like Walsh V Ponga.......it's one or the other. You can't have both.

It played out very Bowen on the bench, give him 20 minutes and hope he scores two tries in an unfamiliar position chasing points.

Love how there's a clip circulating of three big plays Dylan Edwards comes up with and you can see Angus Crichton smash Walsh well after the pass is made.

Got to hand it to Dyl though, best NSW performance since Gal in 2011.

Unbelievable stuff.

Love how there's a clip circulating of three big plays Dylan Edwards comes up with and you can see Angus Crichton smash Walsh well after the pass is made.

Unbelievable stuff.
Wk Pain GIF by wksklep

Unbelievable stuff.

I still claim he could have three CC medals, and now great Origin games.

He's close to the best big game player in the comp.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught the ref talking about a send-off in to the mouthpiece. Which of course means the call came from the bunker. The game-manaaging force in the sky that decided to not enforce rules correctly in order to not ruin the entertainment.

You know the Dragons, Sharks and the Eels have the bye this round right? Which puts one of those teams below you on 24 points for this round. You will need to win to regain your 8th position.

I was at the game and good gosh the tension up to the Best try was next level.

Just finished watching a replay and man people are harsh on Walsh. I agree that he could have passed earlier on occasion, but he fair dinkum saved a few tries throughout the game.

The talk of him not being as good as Tedesco is ludicrous, he is 22! Teddy was still blowing knees at this age.

I’m not saying Walsh was brilliant or that Ponga wouldn’t have been a better choice, but the hyperbole around him is ridiculous (both in the positive and the negative).

I was part of the 350 Wally’s and had an absolute ripping time and was happy to have witnessed a great game of footy. **** NSW!

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Muros
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bronco bob
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Maddy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • Dexter
  • bert_lifts
  • Kev_Guz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Accept
... and 71 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.