2024 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

You know the Dragons, Sharks and the Eels have the bye this round right? Which puts one of those teams below you on 24 points for this round. You will need to win to regain your 8th position.
No byes ladder we are 8th...

On the official nrl ladder we are 8th still so technically I'm still right.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught the ref talking about a send-off in to the mouthpiece. Which of course means the call came from the bunker. The game-manaaging force in the sky that decided to not enforce rules correctly in order to not ruin the entertainment.

Could be his coach / supervisor too ?
They have a feed to tip the Refs if they think he`s straying off script .

I heard Gus ?? talkin about how hard it must be to referee games with the bunker , and their coach in their ear . Then I had a rethink about Pro Wrestling and predetermined results ...

Could be his coach / supervisor too ?
They have a feed to tip the Refs if they think he`s straying off script .

I heard Gus ?? talkin about how hard it must be to referee games with the bunker , and their coach in their ear . Then I had a rethink about Pro Wrestling and predetermined results ...

I genuinely think the on-field refs are the figurehead and most of the decisions come from the bunker. That's why we still only have one ref on the field. We don't need a second ref on the field, we already have one in a secret off-site bunker with 15 angles on video feed, and with zero scrutiny. And zero transparency as well, who knows who else is in there, like you said, it could have been anyone who decided that the correct decision (Murray being sent) would ruin the spectacle, so they are making calls that are patently and deliberately incorrect in order to favour entertainment over fairness. Which is, really, unfathomable in the highest grade of a professional sport.

I genuinely think the on-field refs are the figurehead and most of the decisions come from the bunker. That's why we still only have one ref on the field. We don't need a second ref on the field, we already have one in a secret off-site bunker with 15 angles on video feed, and with zero scrutiny. And zero transparency as well, who knows who else is in there, like you said, it could have been anyone who decided that the correct decision (Murray being sent) would ruin the spectacle, so they are making calls that are patently and deliberately incorrect in order to favour entertainment over fairness. Which is, really, unfathomable in the highest grade of a professional sport.
NRL is now entertainment first, sport second.

Glad I'm not the only one who caught the ref talking about a send-off in to the mouthpiece. Which of course means the call came from the bunker. The game-manaaging force in the sky that decided to not enforce rules correctly in order to not ruin the entertainment.

The NRL saw what happened when a player was - correctly - binned in Origin I. NSW could have killed someone on Wednesday night and no-one would have gotten sent, not in a decider. It's a farce.

Which is problematic because it isn't entertaining.

The one team leads at half time via Referee bias scenario and then gets run down when "the momentum changes " is not entertaining you ?

and I guess further criticism. A Billy slater coached football side didnt even look like scoring a try last night.

Probably a sign that he cant coach or something. Lets ask Cobbo, QLD's smartest player, best speaker and brand ambassador to the Wolfie, Mchunt & Co's "lets sack kevy" campaign.

Man , you keep saying that we want Kev sacked not sure why.
I see this through the same lens as @Wolfie.
We're simply making the point that after 4 years the club doesn't have a system or structure that makes it easier for a less talented player to slot in and get the most from them
Look at Wishart at the Storm.
He's covered 1,2 and 6 very competently this year.
Not the most talented player but solid and clearly knows his role in any position he's asked to play.

The next man up mantra is fine but if the replacement doesn't possess the God given talent of the player he's replacing there has to be a structure to play to.
I see it as a weakness in Kevs coaching, doesn't mean I want him sacked but IMO he sure needs to address it.

The NSW media are driving me crazy with their defence of Cam Murray not being sent off.
Clearly all on the same page, repeating, "what was he supposed to do".
At least 10 different journos, commentators etc saying word for word the same thing.
Haven't heard 1 Qlder just say back, make a better decision. Stay in your seat you're not supposed to get involved in the play no matter what's happening.
It's not like anyone was in danger of getting punched.
Bulldog Ritchie actually blamed Qld for previous years of bullying NSW so it was a line in the sand moment to say they had enough.
I think they actually believe there own bullshit.

The NSW media are driving me crazy with their defence of Cam Murray not being sent off.
At least 10 different journos, commentators etc saying word for word the same thing.
Haven't heard 1 Qlder just say back, make a better decision. Stay in your seat you're not supposed to get involved in the play no matter what's happening.
Bulldog Ritchie actually blamed Qld for previous years of bullying NSW so it was a line in the sand moment to say they had enough.
I think they actually believe there own bullshit.
It's funny because in the same footage they show Haas, on the bench, not charging down to get into the fight

I think they actually believe their own bullshit.
It’s always just an echo chamber because no-one ever calls them on their shit because we have like 2 Queenslanders in the general media. One is Tallis and he is too stupid to put a point together and the other is Brent Read and he is just weak as piss and won’t stand up to them.

Man , you keep saying that we want Kev sacked not sure why.
I see this through the same lens as Wolfie.
We're simply making the point that after 4 years the club doesn't have a system or structure that makes it easier for a less talented player to slot in and get the most from them
Look at Wishart at the Storm.
He's covered 1,2 and 6 very competently this year.
Not the most talented player but solid and clearly knows his role in any position he's asked to play.

The next man up mantra is fine but if the replacement doesn't possess the God given talent of the player he's replacing there has to be a structure to play to.
I see as a weakness in Kevs coaching, doesn't mean I want him sacked but IMO he sure needs to address it.
Your comparing Kevs system to the storm, who have had 20 years to build that on top of the greatest players ever. We are coming back from a wooden spoon 4 years ago, unlike the storm who won a premiership 4 years ago. During 2023 we had a next man up mentality. It was there during origin. We won most of our games during origin and all of our losses came with Reyno in the side.. After building that consistency in 2023 we lost 4 of our top 17. I have never seen that at another club, maybe two or three players max but never 4 top 17 players. Combine the loss of those four players with injuries to our first choice halfback, star fullback, star prop having surgery & about 10 other players throughout the season and origin camp for the likes of Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo, Walsh, Piakura, Mam...

Then there is representative duties at the back end of last season 5 of our players meaning they were unavailable to return to pre-season training (storm had two players in the Australian side) followed by a shortened pre-season and an exhibition to be played in Las Vegas...So late start and early finish to our preseason.

There are a heap of mitigating factors why we might look a bit frantic or uncoached. I don't think its a weakness, I don't think Bellamy or Bennet or Cleary or any other coach could get more out of the side given what's happened in the last 12 months.

Compare us to clubs who have won the spoon in the last 4 years. I'm talking the Tigers, Titans, Dragons, Bulldogs. Even though some are improving I dont anticipate any of them will be competing for a title this year, which is what Kevy has achieved coming back from the Wooden spoon.

Your comparing Kevs system to the storm, who have had 20 years to build that on top of the greatest players ever. We are coming back from a wooden spoon 4 years ago, unlike the storm who won a premiership 4 years ago. During 2023 we had a next man up mentality. It was there during origin. We won most of our games during origin and all of our losses came with Reyno in the side.. After building that consistency in 2023 we lost 4 of our top 17. I have never seen that at another club, maybe two or three players max but never 4 top 17 players. Combine the loss of those four players with injuries to our first choice halfback, star fullback, star prop having surgery & about 10 other players throughout the season and origin camp for the likes of Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo, Walsh, Piakura, Mam...

Then there is representative duties at the back end of last season 5 of our players meaning they were unavailable to return to pre-season training (storm had two players in the Australian side) followed by a shortened pre-season and an exhibition to be played in Las Vegas...So late start and early finish to our preseason.

There are a heap of mitigating factors why we might look a bit frantic or uncoached. I don't think its a weakness, I don't think Bellamy or Bennet or Cleary or any other coach could get more out of the side given what's happened in the last 12 months.

Compare us to clubs who have won the spoon in the last 4 years. I'm talking the Tigers, Titans, Dragons, Bulldogs. Even though some are improving I dont anticipate any of them will be competing for a title this year, which is what Kevy has achieved coming back from the Wooden spoon.
You're an apologist for Kevs shortcomings.
None of what you just said has anything to do with why we don't have a structure as a base to fall back on.

You're an apologist for Kevs shortcomings.
None of what you just said has anything to do with why we don't have a structure as a base to fall back on.
Not an apologist, just a realist.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Cavalo
  • HarryAllan7
  • maddo
  • leon.bott
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ejbroncos
  • Sproj
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • ettybay
  • The Don
  • broncsgoat
  • Evander
  • Manofoneway
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.