22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Can you imagine being Herbie right now? Fully expecting that he would finish the season on field just a few weeks ago, now sending his jerseys to the dry cleaners.

Sign some backs who can defend a cross field kick too.

So similar to us then. Oates, Capewell, Reynolds all 200+ games.

Haas, Flegs, Staggs, Brenko around the 80 game mark.

Inexperience is not the reason IMO. It's shit coaching.
True, but Penrith also weren't a premiership threat when they had Maloney there.

That moment between Riki and Walters.....There are cliques within this team that don't like each other AGAIN.

BothReasonableKissingbug-size_restricted.gif

Honestly not sure why it was Bellyache that Kev chose to work under and to learn from. The two blokes personalities are polar opposites and that absolutely plays a role in the style of coaching.

We need to players who are more substance than hype. Staggs and Haas ( and i'll probably get i'm only saying it because i think they are shit people ) arent value for money. We need value for money players who might not be as good but who just turn up and do their job. Invest their money into the spine. The coaching for me is an issue, but we also need a little more experience. We dont need old heads as such, but i think we need a couple more players in that 26-29 age range with a bit of NRL behind them.

As for Kevvie, i have said from the start of this year 8th position is the minimum. We fail, he should walk. Standards have to be set and we need to stick to them.

What needs to happen is another quality spine to help control the game, finish off sets, help with winning the possession and field position battle which we are getting slaughtered in currently. But unless they get someone to break a contract it isn't happening and we'll have Reynolds + Walters/Paix/Walsh and Mam (and a lot less depth than had this year).

We need to players who are more substance than hype. Staggs and Haas ( and i'll probably get i'm only saying it because i think they are shit people ) arent value for money. We need value for money players who might not be as good but who just turn up and do their job. Invest their money into the spine. The coaching for me is an issue, but we also need a little more experience. We dont need old heads as such, but i think we need a couple more players in that 26-29 age range with a bit of NRL behind them.

As for Kevvie, i have said from the start of this year 8th position is the minimum. We fail, he should walk. Standards have to be set and we need to stick to them.
Haas and Staggs are absorbing around 1.5 mil on the cap and have had zero to negative impact on the field during our slide. I'd unironically prefer to flick both (I doubt a club is dumb enough to cover Stagg's full wages tho) and throw whatever we need at any above average to good hooker that is off contract in 23/24. Trading Haas for a hooker could work too.

Haas and Staggs are absorbing around 1.5 mil on the cap and have had zero to negative impact on the field during our slide. I'd unironically prefer to flick both (I doubt a club is dumb enough to cover Stagg's full wages tho) and throw whatever we need at any better than above average to good hooker that is off contract in 23/24. Trading Haas for a hooker could work too.

If you cant get value out of your big money players you stand no chance.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.