22/23 Off season - what must be done?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm watching Leeds v Huddersfield right now and disbelieving we had Levi. He is so far better than both Walters and Turpin at 9 it isn't funny and he isn't even that good.
You know you have one foot on the slippery slope now, and how it's going to end. You don't want to end up sounding like me. No one wants that.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Mass changes needed in the off-season, but it won't happen.

Like others have said, we need players not show ponies. Look at the cowboys, they have excelled here.
I've always been dead against allowing Haas to leave but I'm now in the don't care column. He offers nothing other than meters, which honestly isn't helping in the side in anyway.
Riki, Turpin and quickly jumping up the list is Walter jnr who need to be offloaded. I'm more than happy to see Riki excel elsewhere ie Melbourne but he has just been mud this year. We should be retaining Hosking & Gamble over Riki & Walters.
There is no doubt that Carrigan has increased his value whilst out suspended. I just hope he doesn't fall over like so many others have in this side.
Why Turpin continually gets picked even when the club has made it clear he won't be here next year, just leaves me is disbelief, but that completely sums up the selections made at the back end of this year. Not to mention when we went on our good run, who was our 9? Paix.

The whole Cobbo story makes me worried. The kid is our future and apparently couldn't get up for a must win game this week. No doubt there is more to this but gee, we need our best 17 every week and its worrying that he couldn't get up for last nights game. I couldn't imagine Suaalii doing similar to the Roosters..

Staggs is quickly becoming a massive waste of money.
Capewell has done a marvellous disappearing act when we have needed him most.
Reynolds looks like he is falling apart. Even last week when he was 'fit' he gave us no leadership and Souths are quickly justifying their decision. His next 2years will be interesting.

It is a must that we do absolutely everything that we can to retain Herbie however I think he will be as good as gone for 24+. He must be questioning himself when he looks as Staggs' wage for the the performances he is dishing up.

The only positives I can take out of this season is Mam & the growth of Carrigan & Hetherington.
Clear the decks and make a play for Hunt but genuinely I cannot see him coming here. I'd say he will either stay put or link up with Uncle Wayne.
One of the quickest and worst declines that I can recall in an NRL season.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The whole Cobbo story makes me worried. The kid is our future and apparently couldn't get up for a must win game this week. No doubt there is more to this but gee, we need our best 17 every week and its worrying that he couldn't get up for last nights game. I couldn't imagine Suaalii doing similar to the Roosters..
We have good reason to be worried, but not because he "couldn't get up," but why he "couldn't get up." Let's not be quick to judge him.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
We need a coach who hasn't been associated with the club.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Have a 22,23,24 and 25 too if you want. So long as Turpin is gone.
Still would've had Billy fucking Walters at halfback last night. Am I really the only one who swore at the TV that it wasn't Tyson Gamble coming off the bench to replace Reynolds?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Still would've had Billy fucking Walters at halfback last night. Am I really the only one who swore at the TV that it wasn't Tyson Gamble coming off the bench to replace Reynolds?

The replay of me on the couch is a constant bleep.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Ali h
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Lostboy
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • bazza
  • Old Mate
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.