22/23 Off season - what must be done?

Haven't been a Parker fan lately, but I can't disagree with anything he said, especially this:

"Kick pressure. Marker defence efforts. Ball support. Things that don’t appear in the stats column but add up to premierships, if you give them due emphasis. The lack of these values from the outset this season, in my opinion, is what triggered Brisbane’s eventual implosion."​
I will say our ball support, notably from Martin, Oates, Mam, Robati and Cobbo was notably improved this season. If you want to pinpoint what was wrong with Turpin, it was that. Both Walters and Paix were more likely to back up their own passes or follow a forward towards the line. Paix moreso than Walters. Neither in Mam's class though.

It gets a bit old seeing one of these hookers lob the ball back to Payne and take a break while he hits it up.
I rated Parker more for his ability with the boot than a ball player tbh , but there are some very valid observations made there, I'd agree. If it's true that I read Lee Briers from Wigan Warriors will be in the Broncos coaching mix next season, I think the process going forward will be interesting to watch. I think KW needs to finesse his brains trust and take what positive gains they've made with a new root and branch approach to 2023 hopefully with a bit more cap space. If this season taught us anything, now's the time, if possible to cull out the underperformers, and even perhaps look to imports for our spine. Perhaps not at all possible with present contracts , however KW should not feel reduced by the negative comments and get with the mindset of being ruthless with this squad. It's his to make or break the Kevolution , and to the detriment of my patience it, just may be a slow burn.

Blast from the past here.

Kevvie was contemplating picking his son to be our number 6 in round one. Read what the fans thought about it.

Spoiler alert: he did go ahead and pick his son at 6 in round one.

He hasn’t changed at all. He was cranky blunt man his whole career.

Let’s just say the way he learnt from Webcke and Thorn and he continued isn’t really 2022 player friendly.

You can see it even on here- Parker says that’s crap and there is 100 comments that’s mean.
Parker cares, when Oates said he had no mates at the club he looked close to tears himself. I respect his opinion even though at times it can come across as sour grapes. We could use somebody like him but like you say the players wouldn't be able to take it.

Who runs the BroncosHQ Facebook? Whoever it is what do you know about a marquee signing you just commented about? Or just a gut feeling?
Someone for 24 I'm guessing.. in a few months it says so after Nov 1

Someone for 24 I'm guessing.. in a few months it says so after Nov 1
Yeah I’m assuming the same to but to say that they must know something about someone who is targeted/interested in.

Who runs the BroncosHQ Facebook? Whoever it is what do you know about a marquee signing you just commented about? Or just a gut feeling?

I don't see any post about a marquee signing, just a depth signing (Jock Madden)

I don't see any post about a marquee signing, just a depth signing (Jock Madden)
It's in the comments mate.

Screenshot 20220909 224326

Yeah I’m assuming the same to but to say that they must know something about someone who is targeted/interested in.
Other thought was someone involved In the world cup and they were waiting til after that to announce it but there isn't anyone available for 23 that I can think of.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.