NEWS A club divided

Actions speak louder than words. That's all there is to it
Hasn't it been reported that TPJ is now in fact taking it very seriously? There's other factors in play here. It's been widely speculated that many others throughout the league have been less than totally compliant. It's possible even others within the Broncos organization have been slack and it's even possible TPJ burst the bubble with fellow team members but that hasn't come to light.

Before anyone goes off about it I totally agree that on the face of it TPJ has done the wrong thing and I'd agree a punishment is fitting but life bans, refusal to register an employment contract? Really? These are suggested punishments I've seen bandied about for what essentially is a victimless crime. No, you cannot argue on what could have happened, what might have ensued. The fact that he isn't carrying covid makes hypothetical scenarios even more ridiculous.

There's no victims here, just a contravention of rules. The fact that it was not just once hardly makes it more serious because he wasn't carrying or spreading the virus. Yes, he could have contracted it while breaking the rules is true BUT again, no harm done as he didn't infect anyone else. As I said, you cannot hang a man for an offence or potential consequence.

What happened to the air head girls who ran around qld? Jail, fines, prevented from working?

Hasn't it been reported that TPJ is now in fact taking it very seriously? There's other factors in play here. It's been widely speculated that many others throughout the league have been less than totally compliant. It's possible even others within the Broncos organization have been slack and it's even possible TPJ burst the bubble with fellow team members but that hasn't come to light.

Before anyone goes off about it I totally agree that on the face of it TPJ has done the wrong thing and I'd agree a punishment is fitting but life bans, refusal to register an employment contract? Really? These are suggested punishments I've seen bandied about for what essentially is a victimless crime. No, you cannot argue on what could have happened, what might have ensued. The fact that he isn't carrying covid makes hypothetical scenarios even more ridiculous.

There's no victims here, just a contravention of rules. The fact that it was not just once hardly makes it more serious because he wasn't carrying or spreading the virus. Yes, he could have contracted it while breaking the rules is true BUT again, no harm done as he didn't infect anyone else. As I said, you cannot hang a man for an offence or potential consequence.

What happened to the air head girls who ran around qld? Jail, fines, prevented from working?
Victimless crime? He put the entire season, and the wages of hundreds of people at risk.
He cant follow simple rules to earn big money.

The sponsorships, and tv deals all hinge on the players and staff following the rules in place.

And yes the rules are simple. Don't eat at cafes or restaurants, don't go to bars or clubs.
Don't breach your clubs bubble.
If you cant follow these rules, you cant play.
TPJ is not allowed to play, because he apparently cant commit to these rules.

Think about it Huge, TPJ go's down to Sydney to play with the Broncos, Sydney is a hotspot, he then returns to QLD and he cant guarantee that he wont break the bubbles rules?
This is how you get a season shut down. This is why the rules are in place, and this is why you cant play if you cant guarantee you will follow said rules.

Last edited:

There are ramifications to his actions that extend beyond the health risks.

If he encourages the Premier to shut down the competition, which is in truth a far greater risk than the likelihood of him contracting Covid, then he puts probably thousands or even tens of thousands of people at risk of losing their livelihoods. Whether you take the risk of the disease seriously or not, every player is fully aware the season only proceeds with the good graces of the State and Federal Governments and their health officials. Every one of your team mates, the club staffers, their families, YOUR OWN FAMILY, all depend on every single player shutting the **** up, playing nice and doing what they've been asked so the whole show can go on. Surely that's a very small price to pay to protect the financial security of all those people.

That selfishness alone should warrant him having a very long sit down without his own wages to hopefully help him consider his actions better in the future.

Last edited:

If he encourages the Premier to shut down the competition, which is in truth a far greater risk than the likelihood of him contracting Covid, then he puts probably thousands or even tens of thousands of people at risk of losing their livelihoods. Whether you take the risk of the disease seriously or not, every player is fully aware the season only proceeds with the good graces of the State and Federal Governments and their health officials. Every one of your team mates, the club staffers, their families, YOUR OWN FAMILY, all depend on every single player shutting the **** up, playing nice and doing what they've been asked so the whole show can go on. Surely that's a very small price to pay to protect the financial security of all those people.

That selfishness alone should warrant him having a very long sit down without his own wages to hopefully help him consider his actions better in the future.
Hang on, hypothetical scenarios cannot be used against him for the simple offence of breaking a rule. Why not say WB is responsible? He did the same thing?

I hope the line 'whether you take the disease seriously or not' is intended as a collective statement. I myself must take it seriously. Over 60, type 2 diabetic with a heart condition. Yes. It's fucking serious alright! I still think a fine and a couple weeks off is sufficient for TPJ. I just think the indignation is as usual, way over the top. It's similar to road rage because someone didn't use their indicator, well the outrage is at least.

Silly question! But, how do we actually know there's a pandemic? I swear if it weren't for the TV I wouldn't know anything was different. Don't know anyone sick, in fact not all year.

Do you find it interesting that the flu has allegedly disappeared? Or maybe they have just called the regular flu, cold, TB, pneumonia etc, a new brand name, Covid, and used it to scare the dumb masses into accepting huge abuses of power?

Pfff as if, right? I am sure that if that were the case, you guys would see right through it. Because you're all so smart. Right?

Follow up question. If a rule, order, law, or policy is so stupid it deserves to be disobeyed, would you all still obey it?

Why? Do you not have minds of your own?

Last edited:
He didn't state he'd continue to break the rules. Are you really a copper? ****, I certainly don't want you making a statement! He reportedly said he couldn't guarantee he wouldn't break them. That's a truthful answer. No one can guarantee that.

Here's why. You look out the window and see an adult choking a child to death. You stand and watch because of the rules or charge out there to prevent the childs death? Sure, it's an extreme example but it means you cannot GUARANTEE you won't break a rule. You can say I'll try and only an idiot would ask someone to guarantee something that they just cannot guarantee.

You could ask someone to guarantee they'll try their best to obey a rule. That's actually the most you can reasonably ask for. Think about it logically.

Lol righto Huge. He gave a petulant answer akin to the rebel in The Breakfast Club who just digs a deeper hole.

Silly question! But, how do we actually know there's a pandemic? I swear if it weren't for the TV I wouldn't know anything was different. Don't know anyone sick, in fact not all year.

Do you find it interesting that the flu has allegedly disappeared? Or maybe they have just called the regular flu, cold, TB, pneumonia etc, a new brand name, Covid, and used it to scare the dumb masses into accepting huge abuses of power?

Pfff as if, right? I am sure that if that were the case, you guys would see right through it. Because you're all so smart. Right?

Follow up question. If a rule, order, law, or policy is so stupid it deserves to be disobeyed, would you all still obey it?

Why? Do you not have minds of your own?
maybe you should go spend some time in a country where there has been hundreds of thousands of infections and tens of thousands of deaths.
Just because it has not happened in Queensland (yet?) does not mean it isn't happening.
Don't forget the world is flat and 5G causes covid too

Hang on, hypothetical scenarios cannot be used against him for the simple offence of breaking a rule. Why not say WB is responsible? He did the same thing?
What are you talking about? What country do you live in? Are you not familiar with how rules and restrictions work in Australia and basically all of the developed world?

When you get a letter in the mail two weeks after you were busted by a mobile phone camera you don't get to respond with 'Well I didn't crash, nobody died, hypothetical scenarios were all avoided so therefore it can't be used against me'.

Rules are ALWAYS created to avoid hypothetical scenarios. If you break them you get punished regardless of whether your actions resulted in a serious outcome or not. The entire civilised World functions like this and if you've lived this long with that escaping you then I'm honestly flabbergasted.

If you also happen to break those rules with premeditation or overt willingness and/or do it repeatedly (both of which are applicable in the case for TPJ) you can just about absolutely guarantee you're going to be treated with extreme prejudice by a judge or law enforcement in general and probably have the book thrown at you.

Last edited:
How dumb is TPJ just play the game and follow the rules and earn good money.
Nah just repeatedly breach the rules and state you’ll continue to breach the rules

He is an idiot that’s why. It’s the same personality trait that leads him not to learn from getting suspended for dumb shit over and over again.

I hope the line 'whether you take the disease seriously or not' is intended as a collective statement. I myself must take it seriously. Over 60, type 2 diabetic with a heart condition. Yes. It's fucking serious alright! I still think a fine and a couple weeks off is sufficient for TPJ. I just think the indignation is as usual, way over the top. It's similar to road rage because someone didn't use their indicator, well the outrage is at least.
Correct, a collective statement, not a personal one.

He is an idiot that’s why. It’s the same personality trait that leads him not to learn from getting suspended for dumb shit over and over again.
This recent turn of events actually goes a very long way to explaining why this boneheaded fool has spent like a third of all the Wednesday night's in his career flying to Sydney to front the judiciary.

Last edited:
maybe you should go spend some time in a country where there has been hundreds of thousands of infections and tens of thousands of deaths.
Just because it has not happened in Queensland (yet?) does not mean it isn't happening.
Don't forget the world is flat and 5G causes covid too

Are you aware that the flu causes thousands of deaths each year?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about? What country do you live in? Are you not familiar with how rules and restrictions work in Australia and basically all of the developed world?

When you get a letter in the mail two weeks after you were busted by a mobile phone camera you don't get to respond with 'Well I didn't crash, nobody died, hypothetical scenarios were all avoided so therefore it can't be used against me'.

Rules are ALWAYS created to avoid hypothetical scenarios. If you break them you get punished regardless of whether your actions resulted in a serious outcome or not. The entire civilised World functions like this and if you've lived this long with that escaping you then I'm honestly flabbergasted.

If you also happen to break those rules with premeditation or overt willingness and/or do it repeatedly (both of which are applicable in the case for TPJ) you can just about absolutely guarantee you're going to be treated with extreme prejudice by a judge or law enforcement in general and probably have the book thrown at you.

Education system really failed you.

Can you answer a simple question?

In your pea brain, has every rule ever made by authority throughout the world been fair and common sense, and worth obeying? I know you don't know much history, but how does it seem to you - is it counter-intuitive to suggest that sometimes the people in charge are either (a) idiots or (b) have ulterior motives? Is that an absolute impossibility in your pea brain, where you're a sheep who always obeys no matter what, because you're thick as a brick?

If the government said that farts spread covid, and we all need butt-tampons, would you bend over and insert? Answer honestly. WOULD YOU?

In your pea brain, has every rule ever made by authority throughout the world been fair and common sense, and worth obeying? I know you don't know much history, but how does it seem to you - is it counter-intuitive to suggest that sometimes the people in charge are either (a) idiots or (b) have ulterior motives? Is that an absolute impossibility in your pea brain, where you're a sheep who always obeys no matter what, because you're thick as a brick?

If the government said that farts spread covid, and we all need butt-tampons, would you bend over and insert? Answer honestly. WOULD YOU?
Do your comprehension skills extend to understanding that he was responding to Huge and not you? Or is that too much to ask?

WTF? Are you high? Honestly you've missed the point so badly that substance abuse would be your best excuse here.

What does it matter what the **** I do or do not think of any rule, or of Covid in general? Or what you think for that matter?

The only people that matter in this instance are the NRL Integrity Unit. They have the final and ONLY say on TPJ playing again in 2020 and whether they are misguided and over-reacting or not, THEY make the rules.

If TPJ wants to play again this year, he doesn't get to decide the whole COVID thing is a joke any more than I get to decide the Police Officer pulling me over for speeding is wrong or misguided. Whether any of us agree with the rules is immaterial. If you choose to live in a society then you have to abide by those rules them whether you like them or not.

Tell me, are you such a hero when the Police Officer has you pulled over and is writing up your ticket or do you politely shut up and 'bend over and take it' so you don't make the situation worse? How about you answer that one honestly?

Honestly, I've seen some foolish stuff said on here, but you Sir are in a league of your own.

Last edited:

Take it to the conspiracy thread. This isn't relevant to the topic.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.