A genuine dilemma!

Hard to chose a best ever QLD 13 but here i go ...

01. Slater
02. Shearer
03. Meninga
04. Renouf
05. Hancock - I don't remember seeing Boustead play and Folau hasn't played long enough to make this team.
06. Lockyer
07. Langer
08. Webcke
09. Cam Smith (just piping Steve Walters)
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Miles
13. Lewis

Bucking Beads said:
Slater is certainly equal to Lockyer IMO. A bit to hard to pick one over the other IMO. We have had the two best fullbacks of all time playing in the same team which is amazing.

That's true, but as far as I'm concerned Lockyer is at least equal to Lewis now. I'm may cop it for saying that but IMO Lockyer is up there with him as the greatest ever.

i dont think ur going to cop it scotty, most if not everyone agrees

QUEENSLANDER said:
i dont think ur going to cop it scotty, most if not everyone agrees

Even Lewis himself said similar when asked if he felt Lockyer was "royalty" material. Probably not hard since Lewis has never liked the "King" nickname himself.

gUt said:
Depends if you want to select Qld's 17 most valuable players or if you wanted to actually pick a "team".

Yeah good point.

If was selecting a team, Hunt would always be over Slater. By the same token, Lockyer would always be over Hunt.

LOL hunt over slater... wow... some people will never see the light

Please let's not let this become a Hunt vs Slater debate.

Coxy said:

It's been a few months at least, we're due for another one. :P

Coxy said:
the thing is, there shouldnt be the need for a debate about who is the better player out of those 2 ever again. its like debating whos better for the team out of Perry and Thurston.

At Origin I would always take Hunt.

Just watch Origin 2 2006 to see how much Hunt actually compliments the side as opposed to Slater.

But yes, if we're talking about the most valuable 17 and were looking at players and their highlight reels Slater would get in no problemo over Hunt.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
the thing is, there shouldnt be the need for a debate about who is the better player out of those 2 ever again. its like debating whos better for the team out of Perry and Thurston.

Perry easily :P

No, you're right. When it comes to Origin, I think Slater's efforts over the last 5 years have shown he's the best option.

You could argue for KHunt to be the bench utility, but even that would be a stretch.

Over the last 5 years?

Try 3.

In his first series back he got dropped to the bench after one game and only came on when the coast was clear.

In 2009 he had a great opening half and then failed to back that up for the rest of the series.

2010 has been by far his best series but to say he's easily superior to Hunt let alone Lockyer is absurd.

Speaking of Darren, this was easily his best series at five eigth.

lol

i cant believe people still try and say Hunt was better in origin or club level. bet you thought casey mcguire played the house down too.

Big Pete said:
Just watch Origin 2 2006 to see how much Hunt actually compliments the side as opposed to Slater.
watch origin 2 2010 to see how much Slater compliments our side and also actually provides us with an attacking weapon that the other team has trouble containing.

or watch origin 3 2010 to see it again. maybe slater shouldve shoulder charged watmough instead of holding him up? thats all Hunts 1-on-1 defence consisted of.

Big Pete said:
gUt said:
Depends if you want to select Qld's 17 most valuable players or if you wanted to actually pick a "team".

Yeah good point.

If was selecting a team, Hunt would always be over Slater. By the same token, Lockyer would always be over Hunt.

Slater is head and shoulders above Hunt now mate. There may have been a reasonable argument there once upon a time, but not anymore. No way.

Anyway, my apologies for pouring fuel on the fire there [icon_lol1.

I'll have a crack at a greatest ever QLD team

1. Slater
2. Hancock
3. Miles
4. Meninga
5. Shearer
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Gillmeister
12. Vautin
13. Lewis

14. Lindner
15. Price
16. Tallis

Big call displacing Wally for Lockyer, but it still looks like an awesome team. Not sure about that last bench spot though

Anonymous person said:
[quote="Big Pete":3v0eb6ce]
watch origin 2 2010 to see how much Slater compliments our side and also actually provides us with an attacking weapon that the other team has trouble containing.

or watch origin 3 2010 to see it again. maybe slater shouldve shoulder charged watmough instead of holding him up? thats all Hunts 1-on-1 defence consisted of.[/quote:3v0eb6ce]

Did Hunt ever do that at Origin level?

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • heartly87
  • Robboi_321
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Broncosarethebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • bert_lifts
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • armchair
  • Wolfie
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.