A lap of honour by WB next Friday?

After the result of the Newcastle game, I think we may know for sure that we have a home final. (I could be wrong)

If we do then he might wait for the end of that game as his "last" game at Suncorp.

Andyman said:
After the result of the Newcastle game, I think we may know for sure that we have a home final. (I could be wrong)

If we do then he might wait for the end of that game as his "last" game at Suncorp.

I would imagine though that the Broncos are planning celebrations on the round 26 game just in case we don't make the top 4. That's the way they did it for Webcke.

Yes they did. And then he famously had 3 more farwells. The one where he was on 9 straight after the game for an interview, you can hear the chant myself and The Rock started;

"Webcke, Webcke"

lolz.

Hammo said:
Yes they did. And then he famously had 3 more farwells. The one where he was on 9 straight after the game for an interview, you can hear the chant myself and The Rock started;

"Webcke, Webcke"

lolz.

icon_thumbs_u

I also got that one going at the Leagues Club for the post-match celebrations the day after the 2006 GF. FanTASTIC!

Wasn't it great to see Bennett do the lap of honour and really embrace the crowd on friday night!! It must have been hard for Benny but he did it in good faith and it was brilliant. Congrats on 21 years at the Broncos Wayne now bring us another Premiership just before you go.

Would've liked to see him crowd surf! Maybe if we win the GF!

I've gotta give Benny a big wrap here. He started off on his lap halfway down the eastern side going clock-wise. When he got to the tunnel, the players were lined up in a 'guard of honour' to clap him off. Trad McLean tried to usher him over to the tunnel and Benny motioned him away so that he and Tunza could go right around and acknowledge everyone. Top job!

cameo said:
I've gotta give Benny a big wrap here. He started off on his lap halfway down the eastern side going clock-wise. When he got to the tunnel, the players were lined up in a 'guard of honour' to clap him off. Trad McLean tried to usher him over to the tunnel and Benny motioned him away so that he and Tunza could go right around and acknowledge everyone. Top job!

Yep, that's what inspired me the most. What a legend.

Yeah it was most excellent! Also good to see the Knights supporters stick around and give him credit where credits due.

cameo said:

Agree - hope the players took note.

How could they? They had their backs to him waiting for him to walk up the tunnel :P

Woulda been nice if Channel 9 showed the video. Useless pricks.

Trumps to Wayne, didn't expect a speech or anything.

I agree Nashy. If anyone has this recorded (on any format), I'll pay to get it to me! Would love to have the whole game on DVD to be honest!

They have the Wayne Bennett tribute video on the Courier Mail web site now.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.