OFFICIAL A message for BroncosHQ from Billy Walters

I'm sure smart accountants would find a way to do it completely legally so it wouldn't upset the ATO. It's not that hard, they'd have lawyers and accountants on speed dial.
You're still talking about money laundering. If a club gets busted doing that it would lose all its competition points. Pretty sure Dave Donaghy knows his way around this subject. The NRL has got pretty uptight about this stuff since the days the Broncos routinely paid "unders."

Surely no-one believes that of all the cap rorting picked up over the last twenty years say, the NRL have managed a 100% success rate?

You're still talking about money laundering. If a club gets busted doing that it would lose all its competition points. Pretty sure Dave Donaghy knows his way around this subject. The NRL has got pretty uptight about this stuff since the days the Broncos routinely paid "unders."
Money laundering isn't the right word, maybe tax evasion but the money itself is clean. I don't understand all the loopholes rich people would know, to know if there's a way to do it completely legally without the NRL being able to check it.

For example, he could hire them as a marketing ambassador in a private role that no one knows about, ATO gets their cut, everyone's happy and it's above board.

Even scumbag crack dealers know how to launder money. I’m sure savvy businessmen can figure it out. We are stupid for not rorting the cap the way other clubs do.

It doesn’t even need to be organised crime, it just needs to be organised.

For example:

Player A, Sign with us for 400k. Now, we have real estate agent X, he’s never wrong, follow his advice.

Real estate agent X now approves player A for a million dollar property loan.

Suddenly, mysterious buyer R appears from nowhere 3 months down the track and offers to buy property for 1.5 million. To make it look legit, you have to wait some time of course. But now player A’s 400k is worth 1.5 million a few months / years if you really want later.

After all, Brandon Smith said he was impressed with how the Roosters set you up not just for footy but life.

An early Christmas present from me to you all 🎅🏼

Couldn't figure out how to load a video here, so I saved it to YouTube and shared that. Let me know if it doesn't work :)

That's pretty bloody good that he's engaging with the fans, but I do hope that he isn't reading this everyday and turns off.

The club with the most ostentatious display of wealth and the best access to third party arrangements is the Broncos. We leave every other club, including the Roosters, for dead.

Meanwhile, the coach's son, who is the best we can find for a 5/8th cum hooker is pimping himself out on a celebrity greetings service at 15 dollars a pop. When if we were unscrupulous we could launder uncapped money to him through his family members.

Let's start there, before we completely make stuff up about the Roosters having a sophisticated money laundering arm that ordinary fans can see but other clubs allow to operate unchecked.
Billy is a bad example because we have to pay him a minimum wage and that’s probably all he’s on and all he’s worth. What’s there left to launder to him?

That was the single best post / video related to Broncos that I've seen this year.

I'm totally believing in Billy and the Broncos to make the 8. Hope he stays our initial 9 ahead of Turpin.

Money laundering isn't the right word, maybe tax evasion but the money itself is clean. I don't understand all the loopholes rich people would know, to know if there's a way to do it completely legally without the NRL being able to check it.

For example, he could hire them as a marketing ambassador in a private role that no one knows about, ATO gets their cut, everyone's happy and it's above board.
I guess what I'm saying is if anyone is able to rort the system, it will be us. And look where we are on the table. The Roosters aren't exactly a team of superstars. They got a junior halfback over us, while we had our eyes on Tom Dearden and Tanah Boyd. We fumbled that.

It reminds me of how Manly used to be called the Silvertails. They had nothing on what we have now.

Still, I concede that clubs are calling each other cheats behind their backs. If that's what they think they have an avenue to lodge complaints with a team of auditors who'll spring into action. What more could the NRL do?

I guess what I'm saying is if anyone is able to rort the system, it will be us. And look where we are on the table. The Roosters aren't exactly a team of superstars. They got a junior halfback over us, while we had our eyes on Tom Dearden and Tanah Boyd. We fumbled that.

It reminds me of how Manly used to be called the Silverbacks. They had nothing on what we have now.

Still, I concede that clubs are calling each other cheats behind their backs. If that's what they think they have an avenue to lodge complaints with a team of auditors who'll spring into action. What more could the NRL do?

Silvertails.

You're stuck in some Fossey documentary nightmare it seems.

I don't know where this argument against it is coming from. The proof is in the pudding.

- Storm
- Bulldogs
- Sharks

They all knowingly cheated by doing dodgy deals against the cap. Saying it's a conspiracy is the lunacy. We aren't looking at a professional organisation to give us the trust that this has actually stopped.

Of fucking course it hasn't stopped. A lot easier to get around they grey areas when you hire the guy who was in charge of the fuckin thing.

An early Christmas present from me to you all 🎅🏼

Couldn't figure out how to load a video here, so I saved it to YouTube and shared that. Let me know if it doesn't work :)

Hey mate keep up the good work block out all the outside noise & just play some good football defence wins games your attack will come naturally. U guys have alot of attack across the park keep up the tempo of the game for 80 minutes & you guys showed that against the Sharks that defence was sensational. Keep up the good work & work for each other in defence. Stuff all the haters we Broncos supporters & fans stick together through the highs & lows only great things to come for this great club we will be a juggernaut force again just got to keep fighting brother.

I don't know where this argument against it is coming from. The proof is in the pudding.

- Storm
- Bulldogs
- Sharks

They all knowingly cheated by doing dodgy deals against the cap. Saying it's a conspiracy is the lunacy. We aren't looking at a professional organisation to give us the trust that this has actually stopped.

Of fucking course it hasn't stopped. A lot easier to get around they grey areas when you hire the guy who was in charge of the fuckin thing.
So you're saying the NRL is turning a blind eye to the Broncos rorting the system?

Active Now

• Organix
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.