A New Concept

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Origin 3 here is what we do:

Put the teams in NRL jersies. QLD can wear Broncos with the Maroon NSW Bulldogs in blue.

Then maybe, just maybe, THE REFS WILL CALL THE GAME LIKE IT'S A NORMAL FUCKING NRL GAME!!!

Horseshit reffing so inconsistent. Late charges on kickers, 2 penalties early for slowing the ruck then just go back to the usual pathetic level of origin reffing.

Kudos to NSW, too good no doubt, but reffing was crap.

lol. I'm yet to see an Origin game that hasn't ended with the losing side blaming the refs.

dukey said:
lol. I'm yet to see an Origin game that hasn't ended with the losing side blaming the refs.

Yeah its been annoying the past 5 odd series [icon_wink

dukey said:

Ref wasn't to blame but there are always more questionable calls in Origin.

dukey said:

I think you'll find that a majority of the people here have stated that NSW were the better team and deserved the win. No-one is blaming the refs for the loss, but they were not up to scratch tonight.

dukey said:

Did I blame the ref?

Je$ter said:
Kudos to NSW, too good no doubt, but reffing was crap.

Reffing was crap both ways. Inconsistent as.

GCBRONCO said:
dukey said:

Read my post again, sport. I never said it was a Queensland specific problem.

schmix said:
dukey said:

I think you'll find that a majority of the people here have stated that NSW were the better team and deserved the win. No-one is blaming the refs for the loss, but they were not up to scratch tonight.

They were at their usual level of mediocrity, and both teams suffered as a result. The point i raise is, would this thread exist if Queensland had won? No,

dukey said:
GCBRONCO said:
dukey said:

Read my post again, sport. I never said it was a Queensland specific problem.

Merely meant as a joke, precious, I wasn't implying you were suggesting Queensland were the only side to btw.

Refs were fine. It's origin. Man up, or don't play.

Nashy said:
Refs were fine. It's origin. Man up, or don't play.

Agreed and I can handle losing to the better side.

The Rock said:
dukey said:
schmix said:
dukey said:

They were at their usual level of mediocrity, and both teams suffered as a result. The point i raise is, would this thread exist if Queensland had won? No,

Bingo.

Maybe not, but there is no denying reffing at Origin is poor. My team lost (to the better team on the night) makes it more glaringly obvious how bad it is compared to a premiership match.

dukey said:
schmix said:
dukey said:

Probably not, but that's not the same point you raised in the initial post.

No-one wants to focus on the negative when you're happy after a win, but raising some problems after a loss doesn't mean that you're blaming them.

The refereeing was awful and completely inconsistent.

To be fair though, it was bad, not biased. The commentary, on the other hand... "

F**k the commentry was like one big circle jerk.

Honestly the moment they get rid of Gould for Origin the better.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Gray
  • Scorchie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skathen
  • Spooky1013
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • The Don
  • ezpz
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • simplythebest
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.