NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

And then not show up to the press conference to avoid scrutiny.

This is fun, what else would he do?
Can't blame that on Boyd, captains are no longer going to pressers. Only coaches this season.

Can't blame that on Boyd, captains are no longer going to pressers. Only coaches this season.
1 or 2 have, can't remember who.

Why no captains this year?
Do you know?
Have the fans been told why?

We had a chance to win a comp without Macca in 2017 with the very man you lamented should have been our Hooker all along in Ben Hunt, and we finished the season with a 30-0 loss in Melbourne.

Now, I’m not saying having Macca wiuld have changed the result, but even the man you wanted couldn’t deliver us the premiership.

Obvious was my desperation to get anybody with an ounce of spark into dummy half. I do recall saying that Hunt had become devoid of all footballing ability, so I clearly wasn't on his bandwagon.

Unless a miracle happens I think Boyd will retire at the end of this year. The Broncs will negotiate a nice deal for him but he will be tapped on the shoulder.
With his cash we need to identify a leader and go all out to get him. This side needs an alpha.
Posted the same thing a few days back. Great minds and all that.

1 or 2 have, can't remember who.

Why no captains this year?
Do you know?
Have the fans been told why?

Not exactly sure Chew. I can only think that its because they didn't add any value at all and just agree with the coach on everything.

Hopefully the stupid half time player interview leaving the field is up for the cull next

Why would a player retire and leave their salary on the table? It's not like Boyd's going to get a cushy gig in the media.
He did say in his post 'the Bronco's will negotiate a nice deal for him' so that would make it easy for Boyd. Instead of working his arse off in training, playing reggies or firsts and putting up with intrusive media for two more years to get his $1.5 million he might be tempted with half that at the end of this season and call it quits. That may be attractive.

Holmes has signed with NY jets.

Yeah like 3 tiers away from any actual game time at the moment. It really doesn’t seem out of the realms of possibility.

The real issue is getting rid of our spud multimillion dollar long term deal captain.

Have to disagree on Granville. Check out this pass at 4:33. No way Macca could even do this:

Not that it's anything special, but at least it's flat. Macca would have to lob it up in the air, probably land behind him, just after he's creamed.

Granville when he gets tired is easily the worst passer in the league. He was shocking last year, JT could do nothing. Macca is a close 2nd behind him, but he can’t run like Granville can so the opposition know exactly what’s gonna happen.

He did say in his post 'the Bronco's will negotiate a nice deal for him' so that would make it easy for Boyd. Instead of working his arse off in training, playing reggies or firsts and putting up with intrusive media for two more years to get his $1.5 million he might be tempted with half that at the end of this season and call it quits. That may be attractive.

I think anything we negotiate would have to be included in the cap moving forward unless there’s a career ending injury in the mix.

I think anything we negotiate would have to be included in the cap moving forward unless there’s a career ending injury in the mix.
tenor.gif

Why would he @Huge ? He can continue doing nothing as he is now and get the full pay. If he had a dinner suit on last Thursday it would not have needed dry cleaning.

I think the problem is bigger than a single player or several for that matter.

Gorden Tallis unloaded on them this week too, and much as I don’t like to agree with Tallis, there’s an attitude problem at the Broncos that’s been there for several seasons. Hopefully Siebold will have the support of the Board and Senior Management to make the changes necessary to change attitudes. If not, we’re in for a repeat of the last few disappointing seasons.

Make him play his career out in reserve grade until Bennett throws him a life line and covers some of his overpriced deal

Granville when he gets tired is easily the worst passer in the league. He was shocking last year, JT could do nothing. Macca is a close 2nd behind him, but he can’t run like Granville can so the opposition know exactly what’s gonna happen.

Yeah, Granville gets more scattergun at times, that's true. Macca tends to play to his own level of mediocrity so he never attempts anything outside his extremely limited abilities. That's why, unless you pay attention to him, after handing the ball nearly 100 times a game you can't remember any of his passes. He doesn't put players through gaps. He can't pass far enough to set up a field goal. He just gets rid of the ball. And too slowly.

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited:

Active Now

• davidp
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Manlyman
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • whykickamoocow
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.