NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

I guess a lot of people aren't going to check (I didn't lol), easy to get away with it.
Um he is right we were 3 from our first 7 games. He was not talking about 10 games.

Nothing wrong with Tallis and Hodges having an opinion. We know they wanted their friend Walters appointed head coach. We also know it hasn't been a good start to the year. But I just think they are taking it a little too far at present. Tallis especially is coming across as bitter, not a constructive critic.

Nothing wrong with Tallis and Hodges having an opinion. We know they wanted their friend Walters appointed head coach. We also know it hasn't been a good start to the year. But I just think they are taking it a little too far at present. Tallis especially is coming across as bitter, not a constructive critic.

The major issue I have is the sycophantic fucknuckles in the media that let him run unchecked. He unloaded last night with half truths and bullshit and Kent just agreed with everything and Yvonne the spineless bitch just lapped it all up.

The major issue I have is the sycophantic fucknuckles in the media that let him run unchecked. He unloaded last night with half truths and bullshit and Kent just agreed with everything and Yvonne the spineless bitch just lapped it all up.
I think by the end of the interview they realised Tallis was given too much of a leash and were pretty quickly trying to shut it down.

Tallis got hugely defensive when Yvonne questioned whether any of his former teammates had been carried out (the idiot was too stupid to realise she was saying it tongue in cheek) and went on a massive rant, which somehow branched out to Lodge, despite the contradiction of WB being in charge when he was playing (ie the good culture days) and when Lodge was contracted.

I think when he finally shut up they ended the interview realizing he was going waaaay too far off topic.

Last edited:
I think by the end of the interview they realised Tallis was given too much of a leash and were pretty quickly trying to shut it down.

Tallis got hugely defensive when Yvonne questioned whether any of his former teammates had been carried out (the idiot was too stupid to realise she was saying it tongue in cheek) and went on a massive rant, which somehow branched out to Lodge, despite the contradiction of WB being in charge when he was playing (ie the good culture days) and when Lodge was contracted.

I think when he finally shut up they ended the interview realizing he was going waaaay too far off topic.

But they were winners bro, they could do whatever they wanted! Stalin and Mao were winners too, so we should give their 'indiscretions' a pass.

Last edited:

I might have to watch it again because I didn’t take that away but I was seething by halfway through so probably missed it.

We can chat to him all we want, but if he has a contract there's nothing we can do to force him to retire. Assuming there is no option in our favour. If there is, it's a bit of a moot point because we wont have to have the chat.

If Darius decides to retire "voluntarily" after a heart to heart there is nothing stopping us rehiring him to come back onto the coaching staff or count the paperclips as far as I understand it. Of course he doesn't have to retire but if he has to choose between retirement and playing out his days in Qcup or being given a job after he retires on similar $$ I'm sure he could be persuaded.

I might have to watch it again because I didn’t take that away but I was seething by halfway through so probably missed it.
I'll admit I was listening more as background noise, but I'm fairly sure when Tallis got defensive after Yvonne's question they basically didn't get a chance to say anything for a few minutes till he stopped.

Then it was a very awkward closing out of the interview by Kent to get him off air.

Could be wrong though and I'm just desensitized to NSW media bashing... usually I just tune them out when they start going on, but Tallis throwing out Lodge and suggesting he wouldn't be signed back in his day caught my attention. Considering WB was coach for both!!!

Last edited:
If Darius decides to retire "voluntarily" after a heart to heart there is nothing stopping us rehiring him to come back onto the coaching staff or count the paperclips as far as I understand it. Of course he doesn't have to retire but if he has to choose between retirement and playing out his days in Qcup or being given a job after he retires on similar $$ I'm sure he could be persuaded.
Not necessarily, Tigers were just done for promising Farah an ambassador role after footy... although they were stupid enough to put it in the contract

I don’t think that’s so. We’d get smashed if we did that.

Not necessarily, Tigers were just done for promising Farah an ambassador role after footy... although they were stupid enough to put it in the contract

Correct, they misread the rules from what I understand and thought they could do it as a part of the contract.

I don’t think that’s so. We’d get smashed if we did that.

It wouldn't be kosher that's for sure but I don't think it's something they can stop. Player retires, club wants to keep him in some capacity after retirement. The hard part is managing the $$s .

It wouldn't be kosher that's for sure but I don't think it's something they can stop. Player retires, club wants to keep him in some capacity after retirement. The hard part is managing the $$s .
Isn't there a salary cap for coaches and support staff now? Seibold and the coaching staff might have to take the pay cut to allow that to happen even if the NRL signed off on it.

Is there any doubt WB giving Boyd a contract of that length when he did, for as long as he did and for as much as he did was merely a golden parachute at the expense of the team and club for a favorite of WB?

Is there any doubt WB giving Boyd a contract of that length when he did, for as long as he did and for as much as he did was merely a golden parachute at the expense of the team and club for a favorite of WB?
Yes, there is.

I will throw one name up as an example to confirm that a lot of this is utter BS - Julian O'Neill. He came into where I was working (at the time he was with the Broncos) for a professional appointment one day during the day and he was off his face drunk.

I will throw one name up as an example to confirm that a lot of this is utter BS - Julian O'Neill. He came into where I was working (at the time he was with the Broncos) for a professional appointment one day during the day and he was off his face drunk.

That narrows you down to maybe every business ever.

Tallis actually brought up Julian O'Neil in relation to Matt Lodge. During Gordie's time, players of Lodge's reputation weren't welcome at the club and those who went off the boil like Julian were shown the door.

Gordie may have to brush up on his history. The Broncos did sign Smokin Joe after all after he served his debt to society.

I thought the segment was going to be worse than what it was. They mostly discussed Madge vs. Seibold and Seibold's funny choice of words re: honey & shit. Kent was actually quick to defend Seibold and said that it was going to take time for the Broncos to perfect Seibold's structures.

Gordie is just flinging mud at the club and hoping that something sticks. The photo of Roberts' isn't an example of arrogance, it's an ugly portrait of an alcoholic. If Gordie wanted to make his point, then why didn't he name names and go after Pangai Jr? Why didn't he go after Ofahengaue wanting a payrise after his piss poor performance? At least provide some examples instead of making baseless comments and forcing others to do the heavy lifting.

As far as 1999, Gordie did touch on this and made the point that his generation earned the right because they were proven winners. If Gordie was pressed, I'd imagine he'd point out the players who were let go that season and what they did to win the premiership in 2000.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • ostin86
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.