NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

I tend to ignore Kevie's tenure at Catalans. Not only because I don't watch much super-league and wouldn't have a clue what kind of squad he was working with, but also because I assume there is some kind of language barrier when you are working in a country that doesn't even speak English. Unless Kevie speaks French, in which case he has no excuse there.

Sure. But it’s his only A grade experience as a head coach, so it’s all we have to go on as to how he has gone as a head coach. All seem to be calling him the greatest thing since sliced bread, without considering his actual record...

I tend to ignore Kevie's tenure at Catalans. Not only because I don't watch much super-league and wouldn't have a clue what kind of squad he was working with, but also because I assume there is some kind of language barrier when you are working in a country that doesn't even speak English. Unless Kevie speaks French, in which case he has no excuse there.

the majority (if not all) of his team would have spoken English ... especially given there were a good portion of brit's/Aussies in the side.

He had an opportunity at Catalans and was awful. He took them all the way from 8th in 2009 to 9th in 2010... What a super coach!

Chew on that for a bit...

and that's in a competition that is widely regarded as inferior to the NRL

the majority (if not all) of his team would have spoken English ... especially given there were a good portion of brit's/Aussies in the side.

Any link to his squad? Only thing that comes up with a google search is a list of players from 2007-2017 and it seems about 50\50 French to foreigners.

Didn’t most of us on here do the same?

as bad as Gordy has been, was he really that far off?

You really think fans having a bleat on a forum is the same as ex players publicly
challenging the coach and club.

This was his team in 2009. I'd say they all speak English
1 Clint Greenshields Fullback
2 Cyril Stacul Wing
3 Steven Bell Centre
4 Adam Mogg Centre
5 Dimitri Pelo Wing
6 Thomas Bosc Stand Off
7 Shane Perry Scrum-half
8 David Ferriol Prop
9 Casey McGuire Hooker
10 Jérôme Guisset Prop
11 Sébastien Raguin Second Row
12 Jason Croker Second Row
13 Grégory Mounis Loose forward
14 Dane Carlaw Utility
15 Jean-Philippe Baile Second Row
16 Olivier Elima Second Row
17 Cyril Gossard Second Row
18 Vincent Duport Centre
19 Julien Touxagas Second Row
20 Kane Bentley Hooker
21 Florian Quintilla Scrum-half
22 Jamal Fakir Prop
23 Jason Ryles Loose forward
24 Rémi Casty Prop
25 Frédéric Vaccari Wing
26 Andrew Bentley Loose forward
27 David Guasch Loose forward
28 William Barthau Centre
29 Michael Simon Prop
30 Mathias Pala Fullback
31 Romain Mencarini Second Row
32 Vincent Pagès Scrum-half
33 Michaël Tribillac Second Row
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm more certain of Kevvie not speaking French than all of the players speaking English though.

I agree mate and as I posted on a previous occasion, this is not the first time that Walters was in the running for a coaching position and missed out because of how he presented at the interview.

Premierships aren't won in the interview room.

Seibold obviously talks the talk but maybe it was a case of him pissing on the interview panel members' legs and telling them it was raining.

Last edited:
**** me, this dribbling on about Seibold on NRL360 is disgraceful.

Welcome to the Broncos head coaching gig Seibs. No regrets right?
Fair enough i guess.

A lot of this mud that's getting thrown about though makes you think these past 'legends' were all sure as shit that Walters was going to get the gig.

I really hope they interview all these 'legends' when we start clicking into gear and winning games.

Welcome to the Broncos head coaching gig Seibs. No regrets right?

Just watching NRL360 too. Very interesting and not sure how much truth is in it but Yvonne Sampson stated just then on the show that apparently Seibold gave the team an almighty spray at halftime during the Dragons game and a couple of players in particular were visibly upset by the spray. She didn't mention names.

**** me, how soft are some of our players. There's a big part of our troubles riiiight there!

Last edited:
Just watching NRL360 too. Very interesting and not sure how much truth is in it but Yvonne Sampson stated just then on the show that apparently Seibold gave the team an almighty spray at halftime during the Dragons game and a couple of players in particular were visibly upset by the spray. She didn't mention names.

**** me, how soft are some of our players. There's a big part of our troubles riiiight there!
Used to being molly-coddled by old Clint.

Tough times ahead then.

Holy macaroni, Gordy on the show again right now absolutely unloading on the team. He is giving them both barrels! He also stated he goes out on the town in Brissy to a lot of nightspots and is always hearing from people about the bad behaviour of certain players. Something or somebody in this club is rotten to the core.

Now he's unloading on Seibold. Whoaa!

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Scorchie
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Battler
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.