NEWS 'Abysmal, unacceptable': Legends unload on Broncos

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
He will be an epic failure because he cracks under pressure. When Souths started losing a few games before the finals last year he was getting incredibly testy. We are going to do a lot of losing this year with all the young guys that we have and I think he will crack under the pressure of having to deliver results and not being able to do so. I genuinely think he’ll be sacked before the end of the season.

So your reasoning for him being a failure is because he was getting testy after a couple of losses which apparently means he can't handle the pressure?

Walters did the exact same thing in Origin, but he will be a great coach and Seibold will be a failure? Besides, Seibold was getting testy because the media were hounding with the same questions over and over again, mainly about the Broncos job.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Great Broncos player. Knows what a winning culture at the club is. Experienced coach in different systems over many years. Has worked under great coaches like Bellamy and Bennett. Has coached at rep level.

Our marquee half played his best football at the club when he was working with him. Our biggest problem is direction of play from the halves and game management and Walters was an excellent half.

Seibold is not fit to lace Kevvie’s boots.

Maybe Kevvie should have done a 2 week course at Harvard. LOL.

Paul White’s head will be on the chopping bloke later this year when Seibold turns out to be an EPIC failure!
Get back in your box Kevvie

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The amount of disrespect for club legends like Hodges on here is absurd. They are suddenly not allowed an opinion now because they don’t agree with the appointment of Seibold. Why do they have to blindly support the decisions of the current management - management come and go.

The allowed to have an opinion in the same way I am allowed to have an opinion on them and what they say. Do you think they would be having the same opinion if their mate was appointed? That's my issue and that's their issue with their own integrity.

S

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
Jun 8, 2017
Great Broncos player. Knows what a winning culture at the club is. Experienced coach in different systems over many years. Has worked under great coaches like Bellamy and Bennett. Has coached at rep level.

Our marquee half played his best football at the club when he was working with him. Our biggest problem is direction of play from the halves and game management and Walters was an excellent half.

Seibold is not fit to lace Kevvie’s boots.

Maybe Kevvie should have done a 2 week course at Harvard. LOL.

Paul White’s head will be on the chopping bloke later this year when Seibold turns out to be an EPIC failure!
So why won't anyone else hire Kevvie then?

He has applied for every head coaches spot that has been available over the last 2 or 3 years and he was continually overlooked. Clearly it's not just Broncos management that are dubious about his capabilities.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I think we need to give siebold some time before we judge him. This is not the premier league, where a manager gets sacked after 5 games. That said, I'm not going to deny the right of eex-player to hold opinions. They've played long enough and have the experience to hold an opinion more informed than most, Gilmeister especially. They are only opinions though. You can take them or leave them.
I think personally, there is more to what's happening than we (or those ex-players) see, so I'll refrain from making bold statements except that this game has to be make or break for some senior players, if only to reinforce the application of strategies of the coach (though I haven't noticed a lot happening there to be honest).
If he believes what the players have dished up have served his plan, (as he seems to suggest) then we are in serious trouble.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
So why won't anyone else hire Kevvie then?

He has applied for every head coaches spot that has been available over the last 2 or 3 years and he was continually overlooked. Clearly it's not just Broncos management that are dubious about his capabilities.

Just because he’s not good at interviewing doesn’t mean he’s not a good head coach. He just needs an opportunity.

S

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
Jun 8, 2017
Just because he’s not good at interviewing doesn’t mean he’s not a good head coach. He just needs an opportunity.
Oh for the love of god. He's applying to coach the Broncos, not push trolleys at Woolworths. Either he learns to present himself better in interviews or he continues to wait for some club to be charitable enough to give him a go.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Noticed a couple comments about not being able to see Seibold's tactics in action as yet, but when I was grabbing the completion rate stats for the roosters and dragons games I noticed they had a play the ball speed and in both games we were faster than the opposition.

3.11sec and 3.12secs compared to 3.4 or so on the opposition. It doesn't seem like much but considering we were 2nd last in the comp last year it at least shows we're now getting faster than our opposition. Note I didn't check what our play the ball speed was last year.

I have also noticed on the field we are regularly completing our sets up to the 50m or beyond. I think this is a huge improvement on last year where far too often we were kicking from inside our 40, off slow play the balls and with the kicker off the back foot. I recall last year we regularly had those 37m sets compared to now where we're getting 45m sets on the regular.

Again doesn't seem like much but it shows we are looking to emphasize play the ball speed and winning the ruck, which is something that I have noticed... and is a key fundamental of Seibold's style.

I think at this stage it's difficult to gauge attacking structures as we've had next to no field position due to poor ball handling further up field. If we complete at +80% we'll tear teams apart, currently we're completing in the 60's

I think having Carrigan, Haas, Offa and Lodge will help with this completion rate as they are no frills props looking to do their job. Can't wait to see Haas under Seibold's system

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I hate to rag on Hodges but you're right. The club needs support now, not white-anting.

The Broncos have been burned twice now by looking within for a replacement coach, you can absolutely understand why they went with Seibold. For some reason, Kevvie comes across as too laid back and too friendly with the players to be able to put them in their place. That may just be a perception thing, as that's how he portrays himself to the media at Origin time.

Not sure whether taking the Titans job would have been a positive move, that club is death for a coach, but yes, proving himself as head coach for an NRL club is the minimum he'd have to do.

I agree mate and as I posted on a previous occasion, this is not the first time that Walters was in the running for a coaching position and missed out because of how he presented at the interview.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Pretty sure he said 3 from 7.

If he didn't it's probably what he meant.
You wouldn’t think so considering at the start of the same sentence, he referred to our 1-3 this year but it is a Badel article so anything’s possible, I guess.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

I was a bit concerned when I read that AS had bit back until I read the article. That was pretty much a perfect response in my view. Plus he supported his captain in public which sends a message to both Boyd and the team that he has their back. I like the subtle dig at Gilly as well, without it actually being said, I think you have more to worry about with your mob why are you commenting.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Umm, Gilly, you work for the Titans who are 0-4, the only team winless

Comment on that

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You wouldn’t think so considering at the start of the same sentence, he referred to our 1-3 this year but it is a Badel article so anything’s possible, I guess.

I checked the results and we were 3 from 7. Watching the clip he also said Souffs were 2 from 5 just before it.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I was a bit concerned when I read that AS had bit back until I read the article. That was pretty much a perfect response in my view. Plus he supported his captain in public which sends a message to both Boyd and the team that he has their back. I like the subtle dig at Gilly as well, without it actually being said, I think you have more to worry about with your mob why are you commenting.

Yep. It's easy for us to sit here and point out the obvious shit performers, but Seibold needs to stick with them for at least this year. Even though we're the NRL equivalent of a Real Madrid, this isn't like a European Football League where we can just go out and sign quality players mid season if we're up shit creek. I'm sure he sees what we're seeing and will be thinking about how to address it if we don't improve.

Last edited:
teampjta

teampjta

QCup Player
Apr 3, 2014
He absolutely is underming. Calling out the culture and questioning the coach publicly, backing up the cancerous Tallis and feeding the media circus that surrounds the club .

Didn’t most of us on here do the same?

as bad as Gordy has been, was he really that far off?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

He had an opportunity at Catalans and was awful. He took them all the way from 8th in 2009 to 9th in 2010... What a super coach!

Chew on that for a bit...

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He had an opportunity at Catalans and was awful. He took them all the way from 8th in 2009 to 9th in 2010... What a super coach!

Chew on that for a bit...

I tend to ignore Kevie's tenure at Catalans. Not only because I don't watch much super-league and wouldn't have a clue what kind of squad he was working with, but also because I assume there is some kind of language barrier when you are working in a country that doesn't even speak English. Unless Kevie speaks French, in which case he has no excuse there.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.