OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds named captain of the Brisbane Broncos

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It feels weird with the knowledge that the Broncos have averaged 7 wins over the past three seasons with a wooden spoon thrown in the middle of it. Appointing a skipper who has never played a game in Brisbane colours is just par for the course these days. It's the right decision as it was the only decision possible.

Yep you aren't wrong BUT given these are changed times and a new era, it is good to do things differently.

berrigan

berrigan

NYC Player
Dec 12, 2019
phhewww, it's not 'plodder Carrigan' for the foreseeable future..

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Our new skipper fires a beautiful cut out pass to Cobbo who scores in the corner

edit: doesn't look like i can post it here, but you can see it in the following facebook group ... it was a cracker

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Our new skipper fires a beautiful cut out pass to Cobbo who scores in the corner

edit: doesn't look like i can post it here, but you can see it in the following facebook group ... it was a cracker

It's a private group, you have to request to join

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
love his attitude, no nonsense and to the point. my sort of dude.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Has a touch of 2015 about them, no one expected much from them that year, but they seemed to be enjoying being around each other, were having fun and enjoying their footy - and look where that ended up getting them to.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Payne's comment here says alot.
I'm taking a big guess and saying alot has changed and the players have got some real confidence since Adam has stepped foot in Red Hill.

20220203 232956

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Payne's comment here says alot.
I'm taking a big guess and saying alot has changed and the players have got some real confidence since Adam has stepped foot in Red Hill.

View attachment 16713
Payne would be the happiest guy in the team.

He'd carry the forward pack up the field every set only for Milford to kick it out of touch for a 7 tackle set. Hard earned field position squandered every single time. With Reno, we'll finally have someone to capitalise on the pressure. Bring on March already, I want footy.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

He'd carry the forward pack up the field every set only for Milford to kick it out of touch for a 7 tackle set. Hard earned field position squandered every single time. With Reno, we'll finally have someone to capitalise on the pressure. Bring on March already, I want footy.
Not only will the team benefit from his ability to execute a game plan, manage the team in all different areas of the field and navigate through many different in-game situations, I think the younger guys will also benefit greatly from some real leadership, someone to inspire them and get behind.

You can see it already, the team seems to have a buzz about them. Let’s ride the wave!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not only will the team benefit from his ability to execute a game plan, manage the team in all different areas of the field and navigate through many different in-game situations, I think the younger guys will also benefit greatly from some real leadership, someone to inspire them and get behind.

You can see it already, the team seems to have a buzz about them. Let’s ride the wave!
But also how good will it feel if we are getting to the end of games with the scores tied and knowing Arey is sitting there calling the shots for a field goal.

Feel like we havent had a nailed on field goal kicker to ice games since Lockyer... and Arey smokes them from 40m out... think he kicked 3 in about 10mins to beat the dragons in a final a couple years back??

Isaako and Kahu were our go to field goal kickers from the bloody wing... I think Hunt has kicked like 1 field goal in his career and it may have only been in the last 2yrs... can remember he shanked one from 10m out when drags were smashing us in his first match with them. Was peak Bhunt.

Milf could smoke a few, but not when it counted... barring the 40m one he buried in 2016 to beat the cows at Suncorp.

Still have memories of the draw with warriors a couple years back when everyone was missing them

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

What Payne needs is someone on his arse calling for the ball, instead of having to go it alone. I'm hoping that starts with Capewell.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
But also how good will it feel if we are getting to the end of games with the scores tied and knowing Arey is sitting there calling the shots for a field goal.

Feel like we havent had a nailed on field goal kicker to ice games since Lockyer... and Arey smokes them from 40m out... think he kicked 3 in about 10mins to beat the dragons in a final a couple years back??

Isaako and Kahu were our go to field goal kickers from the bloody wing... I think Hunt has kicked like 1 field goal in his career and it may have only been in the last 2yrs... can remember he shanked one from 10m out when drags were smashing us in his first match with them. Was peak Bhunt.

Milf could smoke a few, but not when it counted... barring the 40m one he buried in 2016 to beat the cows at Suncorp.

Still have memories of the draw with warriors a couple years back when everyone was missing them
Hate to break it to you, but he only managed 2 field goals last season, which still put him in the second tier behind Sam Walker who kicked 3. Meanwhile Milford and Gamble both kicked 1 each.

He did kick 3 40/20's which was the equal highest in the comp. Albert and Milf kicked 1 each.

His best stat is Line Engagements, in which he led the competition.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Hate to break it to you, but he only managed 2 field goals last season, which still put him in the second tier behind Sam Walker who kicked 3. Meanwhile Milford and Gamble both kicked 1 each.

He did kick 3 40/20's which was the equal highest in the comp. Albert and Milf kicked 1 each.

His best stat is Line Engagements, in which he led the competition.
The question is, he may have kicked two fields only but did souths need anymore of them?
Reynolds best stat line is his general field kicking. Best in the comp with Cleary imo

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Behold
  • mieko
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Browny
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.