AFL 2009

The relevance is, that Albert was ready to admit his wrong doing and had his day in court, the Lions felt he paid the price, and kept him on the roster.

NRL players just seem to be walking into trouble almost daily. Greg Bird, Jake Friend, Brett Stewart, all of them accused of harming women in some way.

It's up to whatever club the player is with to determine their punishment. I'm sure Albert was punished in some way that was undisclosed by the club. It's just that Manly, Sydney and Melbourne all like to let people know the punishment they've given out.

Still weak as piss and as far as I'm concerned revokes the right of the AFL or its supporters from criticising the NRL. Bag the players who misbehave, sure, but the NRL is at least taking a stand.

How do you know that the AFL haven't? Like I said, they could have dealt with him in an undisclosed manner.

Fair call, but likewise the AFL have no right vice versa.

Where has the AFL made the calls that you have made in this thread Coxy?

Righto those who give a stuff - FINALS TIME!!!

Good to see Richy take out the Rising Star, as if anyone didn't see it coming [eusa_clap.gi

Saints and Geelong dropping their bundle at this stage and the Bulldogs look the winners to me at this stage, though wouldn't be surprised if the Cats bounced back on Saturday.

Heading to the Gabba on Saturday to hopefully see the Lions smash Carlton!!!

GO THE LIONS!!!!!

Bombers did well to make the 8 with a very raw list especially when you look at the fact they didn't get carried by Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher. The future looks bright for the club and Knights seems to be a pretty smart young coach, I think we will lose this weekend in Adelaide but expect them to finish a tad higher this time next year. Brownlow will be interesting this year, I really hope Ablett wins because he deserves it and even though I had money on Cooney last year I felt bad for him. I think Black is very good value at $11 and may take a piece of it because the umpires love the guy and love guys who get underneath contests, Essendon's best hope is Jobe Watson paying about $301 and he might actually be great value for a place bet because he will score in almost all the Bombers wins plus sneak the odd 1 point in losses on the back of big possession hauls.

go the lions . . I have a feeling it could be the dogs year .

Go the Mighty Blues! but personally I think St Kilda will take the gold despite losing 2 of their last 3 games (one even being to the 13th placed team)

Coxy said:
Seems though that karma bit the harmichael anyway.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html
Suck shit you thug.

I went to school with Albert. This is the first I have heard about this incident, and it really surprises me. He was no thug at school. In fact, he was quite the opposite. Had a very unfortunate childhood, but he never appeared capable of acting out in this way.

Rather disappointing actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an unbelievable 4th quarter from the Lions!!!!

Was at the Gabba last night and the atmosphere was as good as an Origin match. AFL can get boring to watch on TV but you can see why the games in Melbourne always get good crowds. It is just so much better to watch at the game.

Rugby League will always be my number 1 game but AFL is by far and away the second best football code icon_thumbs_u

Yeah AFL is brilliant to watch live but average for the most part at home. The Cats v Dogs game yesterday was a beauty too and I think the Dogs will towel the Lions up next weekend, I still rate them a chance to win it.

what a come back from the lions . Big browny was inspirational and bradshaw was awesome . Bring on the western bulldogs i say

Pffft. Just a massive choke from the Blues.

Beads6 said:
what a come back from the lions . Big browny was inspirational and bradshaw was awesome . Bring on the western bulldogs i say

Brown, Bradshaw and Meritt were all best on ground I reckon. They were sensational.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.