AUS FOOTBALL AFL 2024

Flicked over from the Cowboys/Raiders at HT.

As a casual observer, it seemed like the Pies were all over the Lions in that final quarter but were struggling to convert their opportunities. It felt like the Lions were lucky to have a lead and were relying on it too much. They just weren't in sync with one another and while that was a bad mistake from Bailey, you could highlight multiple 'efforts' that simply added up.

In the end, they left the door ajar and the Pies to their credit were good enough to take it when it mattered.

Saw a lot of talk about how the Lions appear to be making the same mistakes they were five years ago. It's probably a reflection on the senior players and how they've regressed, but it shouldn't come as a huge surprise given the injection of youth.

These are the type of games they're going to learn from - look at the Panthers the other night against the Storm.

Even a champion team is going to have blemishes.

Still, the Lions are so agonizingly close to glory but will the penny ever drop for them?

Nailed it. It is a shame because they are such a talented team, seriously. They are just a bit like the Broncos - dumb when it matters.

Hawthorn and bulldogs are going to be a problem in the finals.

Hawthorn and bulldogs are going to be a problem in the finals.

Bulldogs, we can handle in my opinion - Hawthorn, nope we can't beat them. We couldn't beat them when we were good and they sucked, now they are good again, we don't have a hope.

Bulldogs, we can handle in my opinion - Hawthorn, nope we can't beat them. We couldn't beat them when we were good and they sucked, now they are good again, we don't have a hope.
We need to really win next week. That way we’ll most likely dodge hawthorn in week 1. There’s every chance we could face Collingwood again too which I don’t like either because they have our number at the moment.

We need to really win next week. That way we’ll most likely dodge hawthorn in week 1. There’s every chance we could face Collingwood again too which I don’t like either because they have our number at the moment.

Honestly though, aside from Hawthorn, if we kick straight (and that is a massive IF), we can beat everyone else, it is really on our accuracy or lack thereof. Hawthorn is a different beast, we do not match up well against them.

Honestly though, aside from Hawthorn, if we kick straight (and that is a massive IF), we can beat everyone else, it is really on our accuracy or lack thereof. Hawthorn is a different beast, we do not match up well against them.
If guys like Daniher this far into his career still can’t kick straight it is never going to happen.

Amazingly, it looks like we've avoided Hawthorn until at least the prelim if both of us make it that far, that's a huge win. This is of course if results next week go as expected.

It’ll be Blues or Dockers at the Gabba by the looks of it.

I have been watching more afl lately. Got into it more this year. Sometimes over league games. Always watched it but never followed it as deeply as this year. I have never seen such a quick turnaround like the hawks. How they have bounced back is remarkable. It's not a boring grinding style either. Never seen a team go through the middle relentlessly like they do. Always looking to attack. They are my bandwagon team if Fremantle don't make it.

I have been watching more afl lately. Got into it more this year. Sometimes over league games. Always watched it but never followed it as deeply as this year. I have never seen such a quick turnaround like the hawks. How they have bounced back is remarkable. It's not a boring grinding style either. Never seen a team go through the middle relentlessly like they do. Always looking to attack. They are my bandwagon team if Fremantle don't make it.

Yeah they are fun to watch. The two question marks around them really are how long can they keep this up for and can they go up a level in a finals as all the other teams will. They are very similar to our fast rise 5 years ago. We crashed out when the heat was turned up, will they? Inexperience is pretty problematic in finals.

They also have had to redline now for about 15 weeks, that’s a long time to be up.

We will be 5th and most likely play Carlton at the Gabba

Most likely - a banged up Carlton, a flaky Geelong, ?? Those two teams are definitely beatable, even on a slightly off day for us. From there, its anyone's business. I think we can win it from anywhere. We are the best team in it but for our boys, it is all in the head. If we can somehow believe it and play like it, we will win it.

Most likely - a banged up Carlton, a flaky Geelong, ?? Those two teams are definitely beatable, even on a slightly off day for us. From there, its anyone's business. I think we can win it from anywhere. We are the best team in it but for our boys, it is all in the head. If we can somehow believe it and play like it, we will win it.
We still can win the flag but I have zero faith in them.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.