Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
When i watched him for the Wolfpack he had the look of a player that had played a year too long. They bought him in to lead and carry the side and he wasnt up to it. He should fair better though in a side like the Rorters where he doesnt have to be the main man.
Not forgetting of course that he’s likely to get a LOT of help from the officials and the NRL in general to ensure his return is a success. Watch him probably end up in contention for the Dally M...

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Looks like the Courier Fail journos have been conducting their own investigation into TPJ's online 'friends and playmates'. Story just in claiming many of his Instagram buddies are members of outlaw bikie gangs.

If true, not sure how well this will go down when he fronts Karl the Executioner tomorrow.

Last edited:
Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Looks like the Courier Fail journos have been conducting their own investigation into TPJ's online 'friends and playmates'. Story just in claiming many of his Instagram buddies are members of outlaw bikie gangs.

If true, not sure how well this will go down when he fronts Karl the Executioner tomorrow.

“Journos”
“Investigation”

Let’s be real. They checked someone’s Insta and probably saw someone with a tattoo and a jumper

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Dobbo reporting a 3 hour Zoom meeting has just finished between TPJ and the board. Most likely outcome is a revised 1 year contract to stay in Brisbane at a much reduced rate than his current contract value.

Lockyer left the meeting refusing to comment, other than to say "the process is ongoing".

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Dobbo reporting a 3 hour Zoom meeting has just finished between TPJ and the board. Most likely outcome is a revised 1 year contract to stay in Brisbane at a much reduced rate than his current contract value.

Lockyer left the meeting refusing to comment, other than to say "the process is ongoing".
Dobbo was 100% confident Fifita was staying put in Brisbane only two days before Fifita signed with the Titans. "Good news Bronco fans, he's staying" he proclaimed.

How the **** would he know UNLESS he somehow illegally listened in or someone on the call spoke to him straight after. I doubt either is likely and Dobbo just makes shit up. I could see TPJ forfeiting part of his current contract, in effect a big fine.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019

The 1yr contract sounds like a dogs breakfast of a solution.. Would be about right!

Why would you want someone with a bad attitude to stay around because they cost less? Cut price white anting?

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Brent Read is saying the same thing although apparently the NRL frown on reducing people’s contracts

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Dobbo was 100% confident Fifita was staying put in Brisbane only two days before Fifita signed with the Titans. "Good news Bronco fans, he's staying" he proclaimed.

How the **** would he know UNLESS he somehow illegally listened in or someone on the call spoke to him straight after. I doubt either is likely and Dobbo just makes shit up. I could see TPJ forfeiting part of his current contract, in effect a big fine.

Yep, I definitely forgot the 'Dobbo 'Disclaimer' in the footnote of my previous post..

Last edited:
FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
The 1yr contract sounds like a dogs breakfast of a solution.. Would be about right!

Why would you want someone with a bad attitude to stay around because they cost less? Cut price white anting?

Multiple additional clauses inserted into the revised contract relating to any potential behavioural breaches, in the hope this will force him to pull his head in and realise his potential. If not, he's out the door. I think the club is going to give him one more chance at redemption.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Fucking what. Lol. If that's true this board just gets more incompetent by the day.

He's bad, but he's good enough to be a bronco at a reduce wage.

I didn't know the club now sets standards on pay packet level.

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
That’s fucking ridiculous if true. He tried to throw the club under the bus to save himself and is only trying to be redeemed now because no other clubs are interested in him. The board are absolute cowards if they don’t sack him.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I'd be happy to give the dopey prick another go, if his contract is way less than before, and there is watertight behavioral clauses in place.
The guy isn't very smart, and i get the feeling he has been in panic mode since the shitstorm he created with the integrity unit, trying to salvage his rapidly deteriorating career.

So long as he is aware this is his last chance, any **** ups and he is gone.
The guy has loads of talent, hopefully this whole experience has been one brutal life lesson and he can turn his attitude around.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I don't mind the outcome to be honest, it works in the interests of both parties because it allows TPJ to show he means what he says or not and allows the Broncos to come back with a decent offer next season if he does indeed pull his head out.

Now imagine if that money is used for one Harry Grant!

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Pablo
  • Broncorob
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.