What should the club do with TPJ

• Sack him!

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Give another chance - on current contract

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Ive gone back and forth on him since all this went down.
Initially i wanted him gone, then stay, then gone again, now i kinda don't want him playing against the Broncos on good money.
Keep him here, make him play his ass off for peanuts, then offload him down the track if he doesn't change his ways.
I'd wash my hands of him, and let him start afresh elsewhere with this short leash. If he's forced onto a reduced wage, he's going to resent us, which will breed bad blood. Letting him go sends the right message to the rest of the players.

I won't be upset if they keep him, because I do like him when he's on fire - though that's not often - but I don't think it's the right move for the club in the bigger picture.

"It's only a game" so I say we keep him on the short leash as I suggested a few weeks ago.

The fact he's been dragged over the coals and had his contract downgraded will be enough to send a message to anyone else who is considering playing up.

We don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater here. If ...and it's a big if..if he is just starting to mature it would be a pisser to release him and see him play the house down for some other mob. We've already lost Fifita so we should be careful on who we are releasing to our oppositions. I hope to god Morris realizes that we need this sort of mongrel in our pack to compliment the likes of Patty Carrigan and young Flegler. Plus, if he is serious about wanting to be a Bronco for life he will surely have a real dig after this close shave.

This, one more chance but there has to be a significant attitude adjustment or the club sends him packing straight away.

I’m just not real keen on gift wrapping him to another club on a reduced contract so he can destroy us and be shown leniency with the refs all of a sudden.

Edit: I don’t think we could legally offer him a lesser contract, so if that’s the case I’ll take him on his current deal.

I’m not a contract expert by any means but from my construction law experience I believe if they can demonstrate a breach then there is an opportunity to renegotiate the current arrangement. If a consensus cannot be reached then Broncs can either terminate or decide to continue with the existing contract. If no breach can be demonstrated then the power lies with TPJ.

The board will make their final decision on Monday as they want to deliberate over the weekend. Currently Lockyer and Tony Joseph want TPJ to remain, whereas other board members Karl Morris and Neil Monaghan are of the opposing view and believe his contract should be torn up.

Please note, this is from a Badel article so cannot guarantee validity.
where is Badel saying Vicki Wilson sits, remain or sack?

more than likely Badel forgot about her ... or deliberately omitted her from the story.

makes for better sensationalism if the board is split down the middle, with Morris the deciding vote
The board should have an odd number of directors like court benches etc. so this can't happen.
Then again we are talking about the Broncos.

Karl Morris and News Corp delegate Neil Monaghan want him gone.
Darren Lockyer and Tony Joseph willing to give another go.
Lockyer has been mentoring him, thinks he's only starting to mature.
Morris will get the deciding vote.

Lockyer must be a soft touch as a board member.

This is a concern for me, as it should not be a Board decision.
In major organisations, Board's make high level strategic decisions, they do not EVER involve themselves in the day to day business.
In a sporting organisation, the Board should make the key staffing appointments (CEO and Coach definitely, perhaps some other senior staff) and then those folks make the day to day decisions, and appoint the staff that will work with them.
But to be fair, we currently don't have a coach, so perhaps that's the only reason the Board is involved? Doubt it though

Last edited:
Was looking forward to use his 650k on someone decent

Devil is really in the detail,will his contract be different to what it was?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.