Allegations against Bulldogs

You're comparing apples and oranges pwn. Cooper more than happily put his name to the comments - call them constructive criticism, offensive to no one except perhaps an administration that can't handle some home truths.

Alternatively what came out of Belmore was vulgar and has no place in any part of society.

You're comparing apples and oranges pwn. Cooper more than happily put his name to the comments - call them constructive criticism, offensive to no one except perhaps an administration that can't handle some home truths.

Alternatively what came out of Belmore was vulgar and has no place in any part of society.

I'm not saying it has a place in the game or even defending it. I'm just saying it's part and parcel of the game and yes someone said something stupid but I honestly don't think it's a huge deal. The outcome is that $30,000 will be donated to charity, good result I would say.

Yep, good result. However the process irked me. It does nothing but reflect how far NRL management has to go before we can even consider competing with AFL.

Well for starters we need a good CEO but there doesn't appear to be many quality candidates judging by how long its taken to find one so far.

My comment had nothing to do with the incident itself but the way it was handled by the ARLC. The dogs fed them the most blatant bunch of lies and instead of calling them on it, John grant rolled over, asked to have his belly scratched and asked "am I a good boy toddy, tell me I'm doing a good job and I'll believe everything you tell me"

Well for starters we need a good CEO but there doesn't appear to be many quality candidates judging by how long its taken to find one so far.

Agreed. People can say all they like about gallop but he would have handled this a hell of a lot better, there is a reason he didn't stay unemployed for too long

That's just how things are though. Without proof you can't really punish people in any significant way.

Ideally, what do you think the ARLC should have done to handle the matter differently?
I thought they did what they could given the circumstances. Fined 30k, donating it to charity. The Bulldogs could have handled it differently though.

That's just how things are though. Without proof you can't really punish people in any significant way.

Ideally, what do you think the ARLC should have done to handle the matter differently?
I thought they did what they could given the circumstances. Fined 30k, donating it to charity. The Bulldogs could have handled it differently though.

IMO the evidence is there but the Aric are a bunch of gullible twats and will believe anything. They know that hand gestures were directed out the window - what did they spill cordial on the hands and were trying to shake it off? We know that the opened the window (obviously to direct the comments at the reporter) but know apparently the way it went done was - "hang on a second Sam I want to insult you but it's way too hot in here, let me open this window to let some air in, that's better... Now where we're we that's right, suck me off you dumb dog." "Oh no bro that reporter looks offender I hope that lovely lady didn't think you directed that at her"

Yeah sounds believable

I don't agree with that at all. There is proof enough to apply a stronger sanction and condemn the whole incident equally strongly. That is where the ARLC failed, as like Kent says, they were weak in their resolve, especially after being fed a pack of lies and incongruent excuses!

I don't agree with that at all. There is proof enough to apply a stronger sanction and condemn the whole incident equally strongly. That is where the ARLC failed, as like Kent says, they were weak in their resolve, especially after being fed a pack of lies and incongruent excuses!

Well I'll ask the question again because personally I think the ARLC achieved a good outcome. What should the ARLC have done? Be more tough in their press release? Bigger fine? De-register said players?

Well I'll ask the question again because personally I think the ARLC achieved a good outcome. What should the ARLC have done? Be more tough in their press release? Bigger fine? De-register said players?

Fine, naming of players and heavy suspiension. But coming from an administration that only gives Robert lui a year off for belting his pregnant girlfriend I guess we can't be surprised they got a slap on the wrist

If they were serious about the image of the game, they would have come down hard. Really, really, really hard.

The Bulldogs are crying because they think they are being victimised, and even going to ask for an apology from Nine. It's ****ing pathetic. The fine should have been bigger. The fine should have been given to both the club, and the players involved. They should have been suspended.

All this does is take all the blame away from the brain dead footballers who caused the issue, and in their big dumb brains, a little light lit up saying "We can get away with being assholes. $30k to this club is pocket change."

Fair enough, I guess that's where our opinions differ. I believe a 30k fine for the incident is appropriate. I believe the Bulldogs should have come out and apologised for it all, even if to only shut up the media and the player should be internally disciplined.

If they were serious about the image of the game, they would have come down hard. Really, really, really hard.

The Bulldogs are crying because they think they are being victimised, and even going to ask for an apology from Nine. It's ****ing pathetic. The fine should have been bigger. The fine should have been given to both the club, and the players involved. They should have been suspended.

All this does is take all the blame away from the brain dead footballers who caused the issue, and in their big dumb brains, a little light lit up saying "We can get away with being assholes. $30k to this club is pocket change."

I genuiely question whether you, or other condemers, would hold exactly the same opinion if this were Broncos mad monday celebrations

I don't really think footballers caused this issue. The media were trolling for a story and got it.

Sure, it's not appropriate behavior, but I'd argue that this was a victimless incident. Different story completely if this was a passer by or a fan, but it wasn't.

I genuiely question whether you, or other condemers, would hold exactly the same opinion if this were Broncos mad monday celebrations

If it were the broncos I would want them out of the club. The pride I have for this club is not refined to on field performances and I wouldn't want a grub that thinks its ok to treat women that way, no matter which player it was

You mean like I think it's a ****ing farce that Sam Thaiday is our captain? Or that none of the players involved in the toilet that night were suspended by the club, but were allowed to play the very next week?

They should have been suspended from the finals, and at least some time into the next season. They should still be having their pay checks docked for that, and it should be a major amount of money.

So yes. If something else happened at the Broncos, I would support my move to suspend and fine players in a big way.

Active Now

• ozzball
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • TimWhatley
  • Bronco bob
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.