Allegations against Bulldogs

The issue here for me is how the NRL and the club handles the incident. The club and sponsors seem to be going the wrong way. The sponsor is defending the player, and thus is saying that the behavior is fine. As bad as this is, we need to tell our players this isn't ok. Even if the player gets named and shamed, he will likely be told that it's just about public image, so sorry you have to say sorry. By taking your team to another country where they are not known for mad monday celebrations, you are saying the same thing - the behavior is fine, just don't get filmed. HOW ABOUT TEACHING PLAYERS THAT BAD BEHAVIOR IS JUST NOT OK?

I have never gone out on the drink to an extent that I did something or said something horrible to someone. This is the big problem we have in our culture; we think that party = copious alcohol. I cannot understand how some people can't have fun without 20 beers, and how others defend them for it.

Coxy I think you have nailed it. I think if the person came forward, made a genuine apology everyone would be fine with it, hell we all make mistakes.

The dogs are now saying that every man and his dog were now there, a few days ago it was a private function so you can see how this is gonna pan out. "after an extensive investigation the person has been revealed to be Joe Public, while the club is disappointed that one of our fans has acted this way, there is nothing else we can do blah blah blah bull**** bull**** bull****
well the bulldogs , nrl , spin doctors should have come out days ago . the longer it lingers . longer the stink . find a scapegoat . deal with it

Funny thing about alcohol though is this. It does not take twenty beers or whatever to affect people. I've known people to start exhibiting unusual behaviour after just a couple of drinks. Most athletes drink very little during their season and consequently do not build up a tolerance that the regular drinker tends to do. When a larger than usual amount is consumed it can release the beast, so to speak. Please do not take this as a defence for poor actions. Just something worth acknowledging.

Alcohol makes all people irrational, everyone without exception. To claim that a person has never said anything out of order or been rude to some degree or another when under the influence is to delude oneself. That saintly state is almost impossible to achieve when stone cold sober.

And yet again, nobody expects saints. But it's fair and reasonable to expect contrite apologies when they **** up.

They still haven't!

Funny thing about alcohol though is this. It does not take twenty beers or whatever to affect people. I've known people to start exhibiting unusual behaviour after just a couple of drinks. Most athletes drink very little during their season and consequently do not build up a tolerance that the regular drinker tends to do. When a larger than usual amount is consumed it can release the beast, so to speak. Please do not take this as a defence for poor actions. Just something worth acknowledging.

Alcohol makes all people irrational, everyone without exception. To claim that a person has never said anything out of order or been rude to some degree or another when under the influence is to delude oneself. That saintly state is almost impossible to achieve when stone cold sober.

What was said was more than rude or inappropriate and it is not common behaviour

No problem..nothing I wrote endorses poor behaviour, just putting it in context. No harm there. The Bulldogs should have said they were sorry straight up and perhaps meant it. An apology would mean nothing though and would not have satisfied the delicate souls who were offended. It just would have given the Bulldogs one less thing to be concerned about. What I have seen reported in my humble opinion is actually common as hell and is said everyday to taxi drivers,police officers,health workers and public transport workers and dozens of other workers as well. I would argue the comments were common as muck. The comments also did fit the description 'rude'. The road ragers of our world are spouting similar bs as I write these words. In fact these comments were probably being repeated verbatim somewhere in the world right now.

No problem..nothing I wrote endorses poor behaviour, just putting it in context. No harm there. The Bulldogs should have said they were sorry straight up and perhaps meant it. An apology would mean nothing though and would not have satisfied the delicate souls who were offended. It just would have given the Bulldogs one less thing to be concerned about. What I have seen reported in my humble opinion is actually common as hell and is said everyday to taxi drivers,police officers,health workers and public transport workers and dozens of other workers as well. I would argue the comments were common as muck. The comments also did fit the description 'rude'. The road ragers of our world are spouting similar bs as I write these words. In fact these comments were probably being repeated verbatim somewhere in the world right now.

Fair point, but police men and women dealing with criminals expect less respect than the media dealing with football players.

A drunken mistake might be forgiven in the real world by apologising and trying to rectify any (real) damage or offence that you might have caused someone while drunk. It happens but you move on.

Unfortunately the media view these kind of meaningless incidents as unforgiveable infringements and reflections on the NRL, its supporters and the 99% of players who are decent men as mysogynist pigs.

A week on and that story has died in the arse anyway.

Fair point, but police men and women dealing with criminals expect less respect than the media dealing with football players.

A drunken mistake might be forgiven in the real world by apologising and trying to rectify any (real) damage or offence that you might have caused someone while drunk. It happens but you move on.

Unfortunately the media view these kind of meaningless incidents as unforgiveable infringements and reflections on the NRL, its supporters and the 99% of players who are decent men as mysogynist pigs.

A week on and that story has died in the arse anyway.

I don't think the media view it like that at all. I think the media see it how most NRL see it. Disgusting behaviour that wasn't apologised for.

I don't think the media view it like that at all. I think the media see it how most NRL see it. Disgusting behaviour that wasn't apologised for.

And now the Bulldogs (or their sponsor) is demanding an apology?

Greenburg hasn't come out and said otherwise so I assume the club shares the views of Mr Jaycar.

Greenburg hasn't come out and said otherwise so I assume the club shares the views of Mr Jaycar.

And now wait for audio of the incident to materialise and be publicised and make the club look even worse.

Greenberg is a bit of a stain IMO. He's pretty much providing a blueprint on how not handle an incident of such nature. Could have been well and truly dusted by now had matters been more appropriately handled.

The IC can't be too impressed.

Greenberg is a bit of a stain IMO. He's pretty much providing a blueprint on how not handle an incident of such nature. Could have been well and truly dusted by now had matters been more appropriately handled.

The IC can't be too impressed.

Big time. All he needed to do was to issue a press release apologising for the behaviour and that the players were being counselled on it.

BAM. Job done. Even if they did nothing in regards to counselling, it'd be dead, buried.

Hey fredie....if that turns out to be the case and it wasn't a Bulldogs player I reckon we can expect a flood of people saying they were remorseful for slagging the Bulldogs. Nothing worse than being accused of wrongdoing when completely innocent I think. This is certainly going to be interesting but I'm sure they will then be accused of hanging around scummy people ! I hope it wasn't a Bulldogs player, the NRL does not need the bad publicity nor do the Bulldogs.

Regardless if it was a Bulldogs player, official, or hanger on, it was someone within their Mad Monday celebrations. The club is still responsible IMO.

Yeeah, dunno about that Coxy. I think the club should still apologise for what happened and take control of the situation rather than try and wipe their hands of it or worse go on the attack.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.