Analyst blows whistle on Maroons' dirty play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8EwUavS48K8#t=342s

This is the worst call I have ever seen. What did Qld do when this happened?

Did we then hire a private analyst to find out why it was given a try?

Did we go on a media ban?

Did we publicly seek retribution from all referees involved?

No. We pulled our socks up and kicked nsw arse.

While I agree that durign the game QLD just tried to get on with the job of winning the game, I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think there would have been a similar post game reaction from the QLD team and fans to that of the NSW team and fans in relation to Inglis'try had QLD not actually won the game.

Worst call ever was the Lockyer no try in the 2002 drawn series. Disgraceful.

While I agree that durign the game QLD just tried to get on with the job of winning the game, I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think there would have been a similar post game reaction from the QLD team and fans to that of the NSW team and fans in relation to Inglis'try had QLD not actually won the game.

Yep, without a shadow of a doubt. If QLD hadn't won in 2006 it would've been the mother of all blow ups from Queensland fans and officials.

Yep, without a shadow of a doubt. If QLD hadn't won in 2006 it would've been the mother of all blow ups from Queensland fans and officials.

I disagree. QLD has had some shockers before, including one which cost us a game (i cannot remember the year, but renouf was ruled to have interferred with a defender as we crossed the line which would have won the game). All we had was the front page the next day talking about the wrong decision and that was it. Also, the tallis send off after TWO blatant knock ons. Yes, the papers up here went with it for a few days, but we didnt call for the refs heads and carry on about it for half as long as the nsw morons. Also, the only ppl that mentioned it for QLD was the media, this is the NSW coach carrying on, not just the media.

Off topic but about the Rampaging bulls send off. Tallis lost you that game If he had kept his mouth shut and kept his cool you would've had the extra advantage instead he had to blow up. QLD 1 man down and the energetic Blues steal game 1 in the final minutes. You still would've won if Lam had succedd with a field goal attempt, capatalised from a break in the last minute and if Sailor had intercepted the ball in the lead up to the winning try.

Point is Harrigan missed 3 knock ons in one play. Tallis had every right to say everything he said plus much more.

Agreed I would've blown up as well but not at the ref. Also last year the left centre in team I play in (I play in my school Rugby League team, playing a game tommorow), got sent off because he called the referee a ****ing idiot.

Point is Harrigan missed 3 knock ons in one play. Tallis had every right to say everything he said plus much more.
In one play that lead to a TRY. That was the most disgraceful on field refereeing at Origin level.

Why can't I find any footage of it. I haven't seen it for years.

Seriously?

it was only 2 knock ons iirc, but yes - seriously.

im not one for allowing mouthing off at the ref for a decision, but when they are BLATANTLY incorrect and obvious, especially on such a big stage and with so much at stake, i believe it was warranted. those calls of play on cost QLD the game, and even potentially the series. being 1 up in an origin series is such a HUGE mental advantage that going from that to 1 down purely because of the referee wouldve just absolutely wrecked the QLD players.

Tallis had every right to be angry and frustrated. But he had no right to call Harrigan a cheat. Surely he didn't believe it either.

I've seen a lot of incompetent refereeing in my time, but I've never ever felt a referee was cheating.

No.

I just want some YouTube nut to link it to me on YouTube.

I'll happily say it and mean it too, Harrigan was a cheat. He deliberately cheated the Broncos on many occasions after being called BroncoBilly in the NSW press. He found countless penalties that were simply desperate attempts to appear impartial to the press and public alike. Before being labelled in the media as being Bronco friendly (stats showed we flourished under his reffing up to that point) he was a pretty reasonable ref. He allowed a free flowing style game with few penalties.

From that time on we seldom won under his reffing and most certainly were very heavily penalised. The stats in this case do not lie.

Also, the most deliberate cheating by a ref occurred several years ago when the ref found 10 penalties for the opposition and not a single one for the Broncos in the entire match. Ask yourself this.......when was the last time you saw or heard a game in which no penalties were awarded to a side ??...Further, I concede it is possible when a penalty count comes in at 1-0 or 2-0 or even 3 or 4 but FarkkING 10 !!!!! Yea...cheating in the ref ranks goes on. Only a fool would believe no shifty business has happened in the NRL..why would our code be different ?

I'll happily say it and mean it too, Harrigan was a cheat.

completely agree. but hes not a ref anymore.

the only reason harrigans job is coming under scrutiny is because NSW lost an origin. no other reason. had they won game 1, there would have been no mention of bill harrigan whatsoever.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.