Andrew Johns named eighth immortal

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
One last time. I AGREE that the message being sent out is that, you can have your cake and eat it. I did not say I agree with the sentiment expressed within, okay ? It is true you could misconstrue my meaning but not if you were thinking clearly. I appears you read into it what you wanted despite it being blindingly obvious from the rest of my post(and all my other posts) I do not support Johns as an immortal nor his drug taking. There is no contradiction, just a person wanting to disagree with me for the sake of it.

You infer I am unable to articulate my opinion and I suppose, if one tries really hard, from that one line you could make a shaky case. I am actually quite puzzled myself that even though my position was congruent with most ,an argument ensued.

Actually, try and understand this. You DID insult me as I consider the descriptor 'anarchist' to be insulting. Just because it is a good word and vastly superior to dumbass does not lessen its power as an insult. So let's just get along okay and call it a draw...and be united in our dislike for Johns and what he stands for... !!! :)
To start with the last, anarchist is not and was never meant as an insult. There are plenty of people who call themselves anarchists with pride, while I doubt you'll find even a few proud dumbasses! :winky:
Having said that, I can understand that some people may take being called that an offense, so my apologies if that's your case.

In relation to the sentence which triggered this all, I still firmly believe that my interpretation is the most logical, and that most people would infer that you agree with the idea itself, instead of what you meant.
The fact that you had just made me out to be a power hungry mod in other threads didn't help in making me give you the benefit of the doubt. :001_rolleyes:

Anyway, I think we can leave at agreeing about Johns and his new "immortal" status, although like Draggx said, I do think that taking XTC is performance enhancing and thus... cheating!
:handshake:

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Porthoz old chum..check out the sentence again..

Actually I totally agree about the message sent that if you play well and are a total f..kup off the field you can still have your cake and eat it.

had the fifth word been 'with' then, yes it would seem as though I was agreeing, but the word I used was 'about'..and no,the way you interpreted it was not the most logical although I understand, you were cranky with me, with some justification ! ('~')

all good....peace in our time ....last word freak lol..

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Immortals has to be taken in house and not judged by journos. Apparantly they are trying to make this happen?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The response to Johns when introduced at the game was underwhelming to say the least. A little embarrassing even.

Active Now

• scobie
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • jarro65
  • Brocko
  • kman
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • mrtij
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • broncotville
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.