Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Ilovelamp 5c9c2b 3957747

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
bit early for booze .
what about the neck injuries johns got at training . then announced retirement ?

When you're older you'll understand that anytime is good for a few drinks ;) Until then keep on sneaking your dads left overs.

And what does Johns neck injury have to do with anything? Tate had one and kept playing, Should we induct him?

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
Don't stop at one, I've had a couple and this is starting to make sense!

When you're older you'll understand that anytime is good for a few drinks ;) Until then keep on sneaking your dads left overs.

And what does Johns neck injury have to do with anything? Tate had one and kept playing, Should we induct him?

there were rumors about the neck injurie that happened at knights training . was his time up ??

another book. a short history of rugby league . has named the 50 best players . andrew johns is no-1

Last edited:
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
So Joey can take illegal drugs his entire career, gets busted, makes puppy dog eyes during his interview with Gus and receives a cuddle and a gig on channel 9. Now an immortal.

Matty gets a root on the side and loses his coaching gig at the storm, massive media beat up and channel 9 sack him and take Trent and reg.

what message does that send CF and co

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
what about the neck injuries johns got at training . then announced retirement ?

I remember seeing him on TV with a neck brace on & next time they showed him there was no neck brace & it looked like he was trying to crack his neck.

Maybe the 'neck injury' was a furphy.

Maybe a major story was about break.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
What is wrong with you lot..are you blind Coxy...????????this what I wrote above

{I do not regard him as a hero nor do I think he deserves the accolade 'immortal'. My view is he did not do enough on the field for that honour} how is that unclear ??????

okay smart arses..write down,quote the two lines that are contradictory....ffs..read the words I write not your version of them.
I see you skimmed over my post, but I'll repeat it for your convenience. These are your words exactly:
Actually I totally agree about the message sent that if you play well and are a total f..kup off the field you can still have your cake and eat it.
Now compare that with your quote at the top, and tell me it isn't contradictory!

Btw, not at any point did I get personal or insult you in our debate, and you really don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to comprehensible English. Calling someone else a dumbass because you couldn't articulate your opinion properly once again reeks of desperation.

Having said that... if your opinion coincides with most people's, what exactly was the goal of your ranting?

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
One last time. I AGREE that the message being sent out is that, you can have your cake and eat it. I did not say I agree with the sentiment expressed within, okay ? It is true you could misconstrue my meaning but not if you were thinking clearly. I appears you read into it what you wanted despite it being blindingly obvious from the rest of my post(and all my other posts) I do not support Johns as an immortal nor his drug taking. There is no contradiction, just a person wanting to disagree with me for the sake of it.

You infer I am unable to articulate my opinion and I suppose, if one tries really hard, from that one line you could make a shaky case. I am actually quite puzzled myself that even though my position was congruent with most ,an argument ensued.

Actually, try and understand this. You DID insult me as I consider the descriptor 'anarchist' to be insulting. Just because it is a good word and vastly superior to dumbass does not lessen its power as an insult. So let's just get along okay and call it a draw...and be united in our dislike for Johns and what he stands for... !!! :)

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Of course it's clear to you CF what you ment, If it wasn't I'd be concerned. Everyone else however seems to be having an issue understanding where you stand with this.

Sum it up in a couple of lines for us, No long rant or anything just a simple "I think this.... because of this"

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ok buddy...I have re-read everything I've written thus far and am still flummoxed by the difficulty others seem to be having. Aside from the one line which could,at a stretch, be misunderstood. I thought people knew what I MENT..lol

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I have the general idea but the line does blur sometimes, That does happen when it goes on over so many post but.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I don't actually think any drugs Johns took enhanced his performances but being given the status of immortal is definitely wrong. I just don't think Johns efforts were enough to be given the status irrespective of his extracurricular activities.

I do not regard him as a hero nor do I think he deserves the accolade 'immortal'. My view is he did not do enough on the field for that honour.

Fairness and equity for all,including dickhead scumbag drug taking pricks like Andrew Johns

On two counts he should not have been given an honour. That said ,the one for immortal status was for on field and I don't think he did enough at that level.

I actually do not think Johns is an example for anyone.

Actually I totally agree about the message sent that if you play well and are a total f..kup off the field you can still have your cake and eat it. I do NOT approve of Johns behavior off the field but am a firm believer in second chances.

These last two sentences sent Porthoz and broncos4life into a frenzy because I used the word 'about' which they took to mean 'with'. That seems to be clear enough and is obviously the wrong connotation or am I wrong ?? I was simply agreeing with an earlier poster who expressed the sentiment.

Every one of those lines above was an extract from my posts. Not once did I endorse Johns or his drug taking. How anyone could think I felt otherwise amazes me.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I gotta disagree with the "I don't actually think any drugs Johns took enhanced his performances"

http://www.acde.org
Ecstasy is similar (in nature) to other amphetamines and hallucinogens. It speeds up the nervous system and acts as a mood enhancer.

While most players played regardless of their mood, Johns could very well have been using the Ecstasy to keep his up and keep that extra bounce in his step. The Quicker Nervous system could also be an advantage depending on the user.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Regardless of whether we think Footballers or any other sportspeople should be role models, I think they always will be. Young people and even old people look up to them.

fredie

fredie

Banned User
Sep 28, 2008
I remember seeing him on TV with a neck brace on & next time they showed him there was no neck brace & it looked like he was trying to crack his neck.

Maybe the 'neck injury' was a furphy.

Maybe a major story was about break.
a few rumors were around about the so called neck injury . remember the incident that caused the injury at knights training was caught on video . and story was shown on the news . how convenient ?? maybe his time had run out .??

Active Now

• thenry
  • Ondi
  • Browny
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • KickHaas
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.