Andrew McCullough - The Great Enigma

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

McCullough does a lot of work in defence very quickly. Our pack is mostly just loaded with attacking players, so somebody has to do it. I can see why he'd get tired quickly.

While I agree with you in large part, for mine that is a tactical defect which must be fixed. I think the 2 hooker bench is a flaw unless the benchie is quality across a number of positions.

I again cite Ennis, Farah and Smith. Maybe they have super fit genes ... or a better game plan, or they're just that much better hookers

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

While I agree with you in large part, for mine that is a tactical defect which must be fixed. I think the 2 hooker bench is a flaw unless the benchie is quality across a number of positions.

I again cite Ennis, Farah and Smith. Maybe they have super fit genes ... or a better game plan, or they're just that much better hookers

They probably pace themselves better. Only Ennis is above Macca in the tackle counts for the season, and Macca only plays about 50 minutes.

I really don't have a problem with a 2 hooker approach, I even like it if the replacement provides impact, like being quick out of dummy half Craig Wing style. But it needs to be someone who isn't a failure there, otherwise we just end up with Ben Hunt and Peter Wallace.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Or maybe they've just got more experience?

Seriously Macca's inability to play 80 is a giant non-issue.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Or maybe they've just got more experience?

Seriously Macca's inability to play 80 is a giant non-issue.

Can Jake Granville play a full 80? If he can I think we can fill the void.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

We shouldn't be picking hookers just because they can play 80, but no, Jake was flat out playing 20 in his last stint.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

McCullough plays 60, Granville provides about 20 minutes of impact. Would work great and should please everyone. Then if Granville improves and McCullough doesm't, he can start getting more. I'd prefer Baptiste, because I think he's the better player, but I'm pretty sure he's leaving.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Just as long as the momentum doesn't stop and or go sideways

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Only Farah, Ennis, Smith and Ballin play 80 and they're all top 5 hookers but also all 29+ I believe.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012

Only Farah, Ennis, Smith and Ballin play 80 and they're all top 5 hookers but also all 29+ I believe.
So your saying that being under 25 discounts a hooker from playing 80 minutes?

What a load of rot. How many minutes did the hookers play prior to interchange?

There are only two possible reasons for Macca not playing 80 minutes, 1 is that Hook won't let him, and the other is that he has a pea heart, either reason is not really acceptable.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Macca playing 80 is such a minor issue. We don't need him to play 80 mins.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

So your saying that being under 25 discounts a hooker from playing 80 minutes?

What a load of rot. How many minutes did the hookers play prior to interchange?

There are only two possible reasons for Macca not playing 80 minutes, 1 is that Hook won't let him, and the other is that he has a pea heart, either reason is not really acceptable.
Lol that's not what I'm saying at all, but ok, Macca has a pea heart. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Macca playing 80 is such a minor issue. We don't need him to play 80 mins.

If it means Wallace doesn't get on the field, yeah we need Macca playing 80.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Nah we just need the right replacement for Macca and the change needs to be made at the right time.

It's pretty clear it's not Peter Wallace ......I think he should be given a one way ticket to the QCup NOW. We should look towards Jake Granville coming in off the bench.

I'd be tempted to let McCullough play the entire first half and have Granville come on for the middle 10-15mins in the 2nd half.

Mc does get buggered ....Griffin seems to replace him when he's firing. Hook's getting it wrong.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I'm ok with McCullough's performance tonight, he didn't set the world on fire, but he didn't make any mistakes.. If we had a spark off the bench in Baptiste or Granville instead of an even slower Hooker in Peter Wallace, we'd be in much better shape in games.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

It's pretty clear it's not Peter Wallace ......I think he should be given a one way ticket to the QCup NOW. We should look towards Jake Granville coming in off the bench.

I'd be tempted to let McCullough play the entire first half and have Granville come on for the middle 10-15mins in the 2nd half.

Mc does get buggered ....Griffin seems to replace him when he's firing. Hook's getting it wrong.

Surely his selection is just some "thanks for you service" bullshit. Better options need to be selected.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Richby
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.