Andrew McCullough - The Great Enigma

Re: Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Wallace will be selected for the rest of the year until he finds a new home IMO.

Surely his selection is just some "thanks for you service" bullshit. Better options need to be selected.

Pretty much Nashy ......and Brisbane are somehow still being accused of being heartless and disrespectful to Wallace by "some" Brisbane fans.:001_rolleyes:

I think we've done enough pampering him. It's time to start rebuilding this footy team.

Well if don't keep him in first grade what chance do we have of another team wanting him? There's a reason he's still in first grade.

Or maybe they've just got more experience?

Seriously Macca's inability to play 80 is a giant non-issue.

Thank you!

This 80 minute hooker argument is ridiculous, and saying that macca has a pea heart is insulting. As others have said it is such a non issue that its not funny. Im surprised we are not debating if hunt should shave his beard to get better wind resistance

Well if don't keep him in first grade what chance do we have of another team wanting him? There's a reason he's still in first grade.

What you're saying is we have to try to make Wallace look good.

We've been doing that for years ....it isn't working.

Simply drop him back to QLD cup and be done with him.......midway through next year his contract runs out and he's somebody elses problem.

It doesn't work that way.

You don't pick out of form players in the hope that another team will want them.

Where did you pull that one from?

This 80 minute hooker argument is ridiculous, and saying that macca has a pea heart is insulting. As others have said it is such a non issue that its not funny. Im surprised we are not debating if hunt should shave his beard to get better wind resistance
If it is such a non issue, why did you take the time to comment on it?

Why can he not play 80 minutes, do you know whats wrong with him?

People can say what they want about Wallace, but he is an NRL quality half, he just doesn't work well with our other halves, with a creative half he'd be an asset. Dropping him to QLD cup, I'm sure he'd impress other clubs far more than playing 15-20mins as a poor interchange hooker..plus it'd be a big neon sign saying "Broncos don't want me!".

If it is such a non issue, why did you take the time to comment on it?

Why can he not play 80 minutes, do you know whats wrong with him?
Maybe because he gets as many runs and tackles in forty minutes as smith and Farah get in eighty. His service out of dummy half has really stepped up recently and I think we are reaping the benefits with players having space to move. I don't know where his kicking game has gone though he used to show so much promise here and last year even had as many 40/20's as smith I think. Farah, smith, Ennis and ballin the only hookers that consistently play 80
and they don't have 2 of the best 4 back up hookers. Once again look at the fact that he works harder than any hooker when he's out there and get's similar or better stats than the 80 minute hookers, it's only the kicking game and try assists that he currently isn't cutting the mustard.

Maybe because he gets as many runs and tackles in forty minutes as smith and Farah get in eighty. His service out of dummy half has really stepped up recently and I think we are reaping the benefits with players having space to move. I don't know where his kicking game has gone though he used to show so much promise here and last year even had as many 40/20's as smith I think. Farah, smith, Ennis and ballin the only hookers that consistently play 80
and they don't have 2 of the best 4 back up hookers. Once again look at the fact that he works harder than any hooker when he's out there and get's similar or better stats than the 80 minute hookers, it's only the kicking game and try assists that he currently isn't cutting the mustard.

Is that necessarily a good thing, or a symptom of a poor game plan which a) has the whole attacking line standing still and way too flat, b) too much one-out crap, and playing it too much up the middle?

The compressed space given to our halves and Macca IMO gives them no room or time to do anything.

We need to get the ball moving out wide on both sides so much more with runners getting the ball, and still, we don't work out a way to use our back row. Last night's short flat passes to Gillett, I think, was when the defence was already in Gillett's face.

I think we're finally seeing with a creative half like Hunt, maybe McCullough hasn't been as bad as people have been making out.

I wonder how Macca would go at 6? Would he show a different side to his game as we are starting to see more of from Hunt?

Freed from the straight jacket of a job which is mainly to run up the middle and promote one-out plays and cop heavy flak defending props? Damn that's such a pathetic part of this team's game plan.

Anyway, I wonder if Macca would also enjoy a lot more room,,, time and freedom to explore ball playing options as Hunt is starting to do.

That way, Granville and Baptiste fans would be very happy I'd say.

And maybe also going full circle: returning 2 talented halves to the positions in which they started, and felt most comfortable, and thus contributing much more to this team

Last edited:
Maybe he's a half being made to play like a dummy

Whilst not a big fan I was in his early years. He's flat lined or gone backwards the last 2 years. Having said that I'm happy to see how he goes the rest of the year now the coach has finally seen fit to play a more expansive game. He might be one of our big improves when left to play some footy.

Whilst not a big fan I was in his early years. He's flat lined or gone backwards the last 2 years. Having said that I'm happy to see how he goes the rest of the year now the coach has finally seen fit to play a more expansive game. He might be one of our big improves when left to play some footy.

I just watched the Knights match replay.

Expansive game? Not quite. It's still based around one out stuff x 4 then kick, until we are close to their line.

Watching Manly as just one example, they throw the ball wide in all 3rds of the field.

We are so predictable, and Macca's main role is to promote the one-outs. Maybe he's gone brain dead, overwhelmed by the versatility and creativeness of our game plan

He has a couple of decent games every now and then, but for the most part he's ordinary. I hope we find someone new and better soon.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • LGH
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.