Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Tony is running on in the 6 this weekend for the faders.

I'm not a fan of judging a player from a stand alone shift in position as I know how long it can take to adjust to a new role and structure, but it could be interesting to see how he handles NRL front line attack and defense.

Personally, this game won't be the catalyst for where I think he should play next year. I know excelling in a team sport means gelling with the teammates around you.

But interesting none the less..

Typical Sticky move now that we've also moved Barba to 5/8...

He has played 6 for the Raiders before. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad.

Hope he kill it at 6, for me he is a more natural five-eight than Barba.

He has played 6 for the Raiders before. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad.

Yeah I remember it was against the Sea Eagles, he kicked a 40/20, to be fair though he was in his first 10 games at NRL level when he played there.

It's just a desperate shot from Sticky in an attempt to avoid the spoon. They would be better of giving Cornish more game time and dropping McCrone.

Milford is coming to play as a fullback here, I wouldn't drop Barba from the halves as he has been positive since moving there after adding very little from fullback previously.

6 is the hardest position in the game to judge after a sole performance ... it even took Locky 12 months to be comfortable in the 6 jersey

he is also playing 6 in the worst team going round right now. will be hard to garner anything from it that will give an indication of next year.

Hope he kill it at 6, for me he is a more natural five-eight than Barba.

Disagree at this stage. Barba was always a 6 coming through (as someone posted elsewhere I believe) but had to go to FB to jag a 1st grade spot.

Disagree at this stage. Barba was always a 6 coming through (as someone posted elsewhere I believe) but had to go to FB to jag a 1st grade spot.

Yeah I know, but when Milford kicks and passes the ball IMO he looks more natural and confident.

I don't recall a team having a 1 or a 6 so similar yet so talented as what we could have with Barba or Milford. So long as they both improve their kicking game we have an opportunity to do something fresh in the way we use the pair.

Just so long as they both fucking support Parker. Sick of his offloads going to waste.

I'm pretty sure Barba was actually a halfback.

I've seen him play halfback quite a few times, but that could have just been to fill in for an injury. I didn't really follow him that much in the lower grades.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Barba was actually a halfback.

I've seen him play halfback quite a few times, but that could have just been to fill in for an injury. I didn't really follow him that much in the lower grades.

Could be right. I just remember a few bulldogs fans fapping over him coming through (giggity) and he was playing somewhere in the halves.

It would be nice if both Barba and Milford finish out the season playing Five-Eighth, so we can get an accurate gauge on who's better there for next year.

Dont ever judge him playing 5/8 for the Raiders, they are fucking shithouse and in no way does it determine where he should play for us.

All the speculation in the world is pointless. When Milford gets here, Bennett will look through combinations and work from there. The three fullback options we have (Milford, Barba, Hoffman) all have pros and cons for the 1 and 6 (and 2). Milford defensively in the 6 is gonna cause some issues, but I don't really rate his defence at FB either. I still see 1. Barba 2. Hoffman 6. Milford as our best option, ON WHAT I'VE SEEN. But that's me.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.