Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
and the first of those giving his side another set of six. Might have been lucky....but a valid piece of information that shouldn't be omitted so easily.

His intention was not to put in an awkward kick to make it hard for the opposition. He just shanked it and got lucky. The fact that he got a good result from it does not make it any less of a shit kick and isn't really valid information in determining how he played.

The second of his shit kicks was actually picked up by a Dragon in an offside position but for some bizarre reason they didn't pick it up. It most definitely should have been a penalty though and with competent refs Milford would have got two good results from two shit kicks. But they were still absolutely shit kicks.

If you actually want to make a case for him he put in a good kick in the first half that pulled up in the in goal and got the Dragons pinned down. It was his best kick of the game by far.

Good reverse psychology Fourex.

You put in a 'shit' post and got a good admission.

Ari used the same jedi mind tricks on me earlier.

Khunt has signed with the reds.Hasn't been made 'official' but it's done.

Why would Wayne be looking to do this anyway?

Maybe because there is no current 5/8 on the team. They are all ring-ins and sub par.

Milford would be the best option as it stands but I think Carney could be purchased cheaply. :takdir:

Didn't I read someplace that Locky was the one who finally convinced Milford to come to the Broncs with the promise of helping to make him a first class 5/8 ... always thought that was the thing that sealed the deal. Let's face it, who wouldn't come when there are on-going master classes from the best ever ?

Didn't I read someplace that Locky was the one who finally convinced Milford to come to the Broncs with the promise of helping to make him a first class 5/8 ... always thought that was the thing that sealed the deal. Let's face it, who wouldn't come when there are on-going master classes from the best ever ?

That was the original deal as Milford was nervous about taking on the 5/8 role ... but let's not forget Locky can also turn him into a world class full back ... With the possibility of moving to 5/8 later in his career

That was the original deal as Milford was nervous about taking on the 5/8 role ... but let's not forget Locky can also turn him into a world class full back ... With the possibility of moving to 5/8 later in his career

Yep, after Barba and Hunt lead the team to a few premierships

Milfords last 2 weeks playing 6 have shown why he is a fullback at nrl level

Yeah......if he can't make the Raiders win, he must be shit !!

:rolleyes:

Yeah......if he can't make the Raiders win, he must be shit !!

:rolleyes:

Did I say he was shit? Did i say he should make the raiders win?

Disagreeing with me because its me makes you look stupid. Have you watched his 2 games at 6? His defence has been average at best, and he is unable to get into the game as much as he could at fullback. Yes, hes getting more touches, but hes not getting them with any space and time and as a result hes making poor decisions and errors. He is an absolutely amazing fullback. He is not a 6

I tend to agree. I think our side would be much better off with...
1.Milford
6.Barba

Ill wait for judgement on Milford at 5/8 until he plays with our side who actually go forward in attack. The raiders are just pure rabble at the moment. Even Hayne struggled when he had Stuart as a coach.

Ill wait for judgement on Milford at 5/8 until he plays with our side who actually go forward in attack. The raiders are just pure rabble at the moment. Even Hayne struggled when he had Stuart as a coach.

I thought he played well enough as the Eels were a lot better with him and Hayne still averaged plenty of meters, try assists etc. It was his teammates that were letting him down.

Credit must go to Brad Arthur for improving them this year I haven't seen Parramatta play this well since 2009

Did I say he was shit? Did i say he should make the raiders win?

Disagreeing with me because its me makes you look stupid. Have you watched his 2 games at 6? His defence has been average at best, and he is unable to get into the game as much as he could at fullback. Yes, hes getting more touches, but hes not getting them with any space and time and as a result hes making poor decisions and errors. He is an absolutely amazing fullback. He is not a 6

That's debatable

I tend to agree. I think our side would be much better off with...
1.Milford
6.Barba

This is what i'm hoping Bennett runs with to start the season.

I'd like to see Barba have a full preseason at 5/8 under his belt before i go writing him off.

Milford can have a crack at fullback for a while and see how he goes also.

Can I have your autograph, QUEENSLANDER?

:lol: Fourex has held that opinion for awhile and it's mainly in response to this notion that Milford ABSOLUTELY cannot play five eighth. He's a fullback, no question, don't talk about it, FIN.

When if anything he's been getting better with every game and obviously the older he gets with more experience he'll become more adjusted.

At the end of the day, it should come down to what suits the team the best. If it happens to be fullback for 2015, roll with it.

Milford's best position is at fullback without a question and that's where he should play next year. Barba was terrible at the back before his move to the halves and since his positional move he is starting to play with some promise.

Milford to fullback and Barba to five-eighth

Milford's ball playing is very limited anyway. He can throw a pass... and that's about it. His strength is clearly his godly running game.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brocko
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.