Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
i am definitely sold on 1 milford 6 barba 7 hunt. im certainly hoping thats what we go in with next year. i would hope barba isnt tacked to one side of the field though - allow him to roam a little too.

Last edited:
Milford has a kick game, passing game and running game, it may be he is better ball playing and kicking from fullback, we will find out. I am just looking forward to Milford passes to Barba or Barba to Milford, imagine what the defence would be thinking.

Even better IMO would be both running off Hunt. Will Hunt dummy and go himself which he is so good at? Or go short to Milford to hit a hole? Or long to Barba to hit a hole? Or an outball to Barba and then an in ball to Milford. All the while we have Hodges or Copley running outside of all of them!

Even better IMO would be both running off Hunt. Will Hunt dummy and go himself which he is so good at? Or go short to Milford to hit a hole? Or long to Barba to hit a hole? Or an outball to Barba and then an in ball to Milford. All the while we have Hodges or Copley running outside of all of them!

....and I just ruined a good pair of pants.

Can I have your autograph, QUEENSLANDER?

:laugh:

Fourex has held that opinion for awhile and it's mainly in response to this notion that Milford ABSOLUTELY cannot play five eighth. He's a fullback, no question, don't talk about it, FIN.

When if anything he's been getting better with every game and obviously the older he gets with more experience he'll become more adjusted.

At the end of the day, it should come down to what suits the team the best. If it happens to be fullback for 2015, roll with it.

Given a choice right now.....Barba removed from the back makes me relieved. I'm happy for Milford to continue playing fullback and have Barba at 6.

1. Milford
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Barba
7. Hunt

This is a premiership winning backline.......Wayne to have a word to Hodgo and ask him to pick his times to get involved better. Barba has to do more though
......I'm still looking for better options than him.

Fourex has held that opinion for awhile and it's mainly in response to this notion that Milford ABSOLUTELY cannot play five eighth.

Yes....it's the absolute certainty that some would have everyone believe Milford can't play 5/8 that grinds my gears.

He can. Given half a season at 6.... in a better side than the Canberra Shunters, he'd be a gun at it.

He's a natural footballer, plays whatever is in front of him at the time. FMD from a standing start he created something from nothing for one of the raiders tries on the weekend

but apparently he has to have "space" to be able to create something.......

it's crap.

Moving him to 5/8th is like moving Inglis to 5/8th. Why would you?

Both are strong runners with mediocre ball playing games. Yeah, Milford can create something from a standing start. So can Inglis. Should Inglis be in the halves too?

Both are strong runners with mediocre ball playing games. Yeah, Milford can create something from a standing start. So can Inglis. Should Inglis be in the halves too?

Well, Inglis was the Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year last time he played there regularly in 2008, and won the Clive Churchill medal playing there in 2007 Grand Final.

Fullback, 5/8, I don't really care where he plays. I just want to see him in Broncos colors.

Seriously when he runs on next year with the 1 on his back and sets up a try we're not gonna know what hit us, we haven't had a fullback that can consistently create since Hunt.

Well, Inglis was the Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year last time he played there regularly in 2008, and won the Clive Churchill medal playing there in 2007 Grand Final.

ohyou.gif

Back in the day where centres and back rowers often played at 5/8.

Unlike these days? SBW, Hoffman, Sutton, Wighton, TRex, Harrison, Bird, Hodges, Lyon?
A lot of those players are a bit of a stretch, they have very good ball skills. I'm getting at the great days of Carroll and Stagg and what not.

It will be interesting what happens next year with the milford /barba battle. Benny scored 3 last night and looked awesome. Milford looked amazing today. Scored 2tries and setting up a couple and looking involved

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.