Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
It will be interesting what happens next year with the milford /barba battle. Benny scored 3 last night and looked awesome. Milford looked amazing today. Scored 2tries and setting up a couple and looking involved

It really was the best two match-ups to show off their stuff.

Knights and Sharks missing a thousand players through injury and suspension.

You serious or is that sarcasm?

Hardly a revelation that it's easier to beat an opponent when half their starting side is out.

This isn't an indictment on Milford and Barba not being able to show their skills against better teams, just that they don't get the opportunities to because the team as a whole doesn't play well against better teams.

Both are going to be a hell of a combination next year.

milford to me looked disinterested in the first half and at half time in the sheds looked depressed to even be there. his kicking game in the first half was woeful.

something sparked him in the second half though. nothing he couldnt have done 'as fullback' though.

It's time to admit that this guy is a superstar..... no matter where he plays. It's the Milford Raiders at the moment.

It's time to admit that this guy is a superstar..... no matter where he plays. It's the Milford Raiders at the moment.

Definitely. But ive been told by a few on here hes not a superstar yet, not until Uncle Wayne has got him anyway... :rolleyes:

Definitely. But ive been told by a few on here hes not a superstar yet, not until Uncle Wayne has got him anyway... :rolleyes:

I don't believe many, if any have said that. I don't think he is a superstar yet, but that has nothing to do with Wayne Bennett, I just don't think he has done enough yet to be branded that. I have no doubts he will be a superstar but that will occur with he is coached by Ricky, Wayne, Hasler, the homeless bloke down the road etc etc

Milford could probably be a top player, if not superstar, anywhere in the backline. Thing is, we have a top 5/8 and we need a FB. While Hodges is killing it at FB, next year, I would prefer to see him back in the centres in 2015 at age 33 and not lose Barba.

I really hope that Bennett has one eye on the future as well as the 2015 season ... and that is why Hodges should play center next year.

And in the long term we are far better off developing Milford at fullback and Barba at 5/8.

The whole story could have just come from journo asking a question in a way that was designed to get the responses (from Hodges and Bennett) that they got.

Who said that?

I'm not bothered to go trawling through the numerous threads it could be in. They know who they are though.

It was in the context of "wayne bennett will turn milford into a superstar". To which i replied that he already is.

Why does Wayne Bennett have to come into everything?

He doesnt. Just happened that the topic of milford already being a "superstar" was relevant to a previous discussion. If people just carried on the conversation things would be fine.

move along, nothing to see here

I am pretty confident that Milford will still be awesome in the 6. My issue is that his kicking game isn't that great and either is Hunts. I'd much prefer Milford at fullback but I think he can still destroy for us in the 6.

For mine, Wayne Bennett has the one thing Hook doesn't, which in my view is everything: he brings out the best in a player, and he has that rare ability to get players to play for each other, consistently, which is what this side lacks - consistency.

Milford is no superstar yet, however, if there is one coach who can make that happen, it is Bennett.

My fave player which I think everyone knows who it is - Gillett, is another one who I think will improve 1000% under WB

So in a way, Wayne does come into everything from that perspective.

My personal hope is that WB will turn Milford into the next almost-Lockyer which will be good enough for me

Last edited:
Milford could probably be a top player, if not superstar, anywhere in the backline. Thing is, we have a top 5/8 and we need a FB. While Hodges is killing it at FB, next year, I would prefer to see him back in the centres in 2015 at age 33 and not lose Barba.

As much as I love what Barba has done in the 6 jersey, I think the sample size is far too small to call him a top Five-Eighth.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.