Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
I really feel like Taylor is starting to get over-hyped. I think he is a talent but so many halves look like absolute superstars in the NYC because defence is non-existent.

We haven't even seen him play any NYC and there is talk of displacing proven quality first graders like hunt and Milford... Seems very premature to me
Taylor has vision which is there for all to see in NYC but you are right we need to see if he will realize his potential. He looks like a player who will mature later physically for NRL so I would not expect to see him in first grade next year anyway. Expect him to see a bit of NYC and ISC next year as he develops

Give Taylor a season or 2 in ISC. We don't need to rush him.

If he leaves the club, he leaves the club. You can't keep them all.

Someone will no doubt get injured next year, Taylor will get a shot in first grade and then we'll have a much better idea of his true worth. No point stressing about it now, he's got two years remaining and he will definitely get his chances.

I'm completely with Splinter on Norman.

He hasn't changed at all. Has good qualities but never developed them to their potential and was always the type of player who'd set up two tries and then pack it in, calling it a day more often than not.

If anything, he's a one hit wonder.

Taylor has ways to go yet. I've been impressed with him but let's not subject him to too much hype. The last time that happened he was gone for the season...

+1 on Norman. He was never a consistent or dominant playmaker, although he had his moments of individual brilliance.

Taylor is the stark opposite of Norman, in that he establishes his dominance of the game by the way he steers the team around the park, his vision, decision making, and not to forget, he has by far the best kicking game of anyone we have, including first grade.
He's a pure-bred half-back that exudes footy, so I'm making this statement now. Ash, please don't make me look like an idiot...

Having said that, I don't think he will or should replace anyone next season, unless we lose one of our spine players. Let him bide his time in the U20's and harden a bit in the ISC, but I reckon he will eventually take the 7, leaving Barba and Hunt to fight for the 5/8 spot, and even then, they will probably have the Nikorima brothers breathing down their necks...

+1 on Norman. He was never a consistent or dominant playmaker, although he had his moments of individual brilliance.

Taylor is the stark opposite of Norman, in that he establishes his dominance of the game by the way he steers the team around the park, his vision, decision making, and not to forget, he has by far the best kicking game of anyone we have, including first grade.
He's a pure-bred half-back that exudes footy, so I'm making this statement now. Ash, please don't make me look like an idiot...

Having said that, I don't think he will or should replace anyone next season, unless we lose one of our spine players. Let him bide his time in the U20's and harden a bit in the ISC, but I reckon he will eventually take the 7, leaving Barba and Hunt to fight for the 5/8 spot, and even then, they will probably have the Nikorima brothers breathing down their necks...

At this stage the Nikorima bros are ball hogs. They need to start playing a team game. Kodi can get away with it at fullback but hooker and halves need to be team orientated first

At this stage the Nikorima bros are ball hogs. They need to start playing a team game. Kodi can get away with it at fullback but hooker and halves need to be team orientated first
I expect at least Jayden to have matured a bit by then, and hopefully he will, otherwise that will be a waste of a massive talent!

It will be an interesting battle between both Jaydens at hooker, if they persist with this idea to put the Nikorima brother there.
One is a talented freak, the other is a real footy player.

Jayden Nikorima picked up an injury on the weekend because he was ball hogging out of dummy half. He looks a talent but he needs to pick his time to go himself a lot better.

If Taylor is all he's wrapped up to be, Barbs could shift to fullback and Milford could go to centres. I'm pretty sure he's played a few games there

Milford other then 1. 6. Or 7. To me would be a waste Imo.

Yeah, if you move anyone into the centres, surely you'd just move Barba.

If Taylor is good enough to be forcing his way into the halves next season it will be bye bye Barba at the end of next season.

People are probably correct in talking up Ash Taylor too much at this point in time (me included), but then, I think the same applies to talking down Barba.

Both need time. We still have yet to see the best of both, in their best positions.

If Taylor is fit and and in form that demands selection I reckon Bennett will play him. WB definitely seems to prefer a half or hooker on the bench and with Granville leaving next year the spot is wide open.

people might think this sounds ridiculous but i wouldnt be surprised if hodges actually stayed at fb and milford started 2015 from the bench.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Scdeac
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skathen
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • barker
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.