Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
It would be the stupidest decision Wayne Bennett could possibly make.

I disagree and I know I'll cop it but the way Hodges played last week was nothing short of great. "Milfords on" willbe screamed across the field in fear. Chris Walker in Origin like. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it at all.

Milford is far too good to be sitting on the pine. Hodges will be injured anyway.

Milford is far too good to be sitting on the pine. Hodges will be injured anyway.

He'd still get plenty of minutes under someone who is able to utilize a bench properly. Although if someone were to come off the bench it will be Barba.

Just no. Milford is a superstar who should be playing 80 minutes in either the 1 or the 6. Good teams don't dick around with key players. Milford is walking into our club as our best player.

As someone said earlier, if anyone is a candidate to be moved to the centres or to the bench, it's probably Barba, because -

A) He's already bulked up substantially this season, the transition to defending in the Centre's wouldn't be enormous, mainly timing.

B) Milford is the best up and coming player in the entire league, we'd be wasting the prime of his speed & footwork off the bench.

Double Post ~

I think we're in a good spot regarding the halves situation though.. a fantastic spot in fact.

Ashley Taylor comes off contract at the end of 2016.
Anthony Milford comes off contract at the end of 2016.
Ben Hunt comes off contract at the end of 2015.
Ben Barba comes off contract at the end of 2015.

What are we worried about? We'll start next season with Hunt & Barba in the halves, the two players off contract at the end of 2015, if they play great football, they'll get an extension, and we'll have no need for Taylor. If one or the other doesn't play up to standards, they won't get an extension, and we'll be going into 2016 with still.. Taylor, Milford and the better of the two halves (Most likely Hunt)

So, WORST case scenario we start 2016 with something along the lines of..

1. Milford
6. Hunt
7. Taylor

And Milford & Taylor will be playing for massive contract extensions.

Barba is contracted till the end of 2016.

True, I was looking at Marmin Barba. Oh well, the point stands, if Barba doesn't perform next year we'll find a way to get rid of him before 2016.

True, I was looking at Marmin Barba. Oh well, the point stands, if Barba doesn't perform next year we'll find a way to get rid of him before 2016.

I just don't get all this get rid of, drop or move or bench Barba shit. Since he has moved to 5/8 our left side has come alive and he still improving.

Barba to centre? You have to be joking, with Copley, Hodges, Oates, and Reed.

If anyone doesn't perform next year, get rid of them ... including Milford.

Barba to centre? You have to be joking, with Copley, Hodges, Oates, and Reed.

If anyone doesn't perform next year, get rid of them ... including Milford.

Can you read brah? People were saying to move Milford into the centres, I was simply saying that he would be the last person who'd move to the centres.

And yes, your second point is correct, except it won't be Milford.

If Bennett decides to move Hodges to fullback and Milford on the bench, I actually wouldn't mind if he used Hodges and Milford the same way Mal used Hunt and Slater.

Obviously Hodges wouldn't be able to last in the forwards, so a move there is out of the question. Perhaps start with Milford, and move him to hooker when Hodges comes on.

Although, I would much prefer Milford plays either 1 or 6 for the whole 80..

Currently watching the eels-raiders game. I gotta say Milford's kicking game looks pretty darn good

Milford on 7 news.

Said it was always a dream to play for the Broncos, happy to play anywhere but eventually wants to play in the halves.

Was a short piece, not a whole lot more to it other than they stressed his humble nature and how his large family keeps him grounded.

Still hoping he'll end up at fullback. Halves are generally stuck on one side of the field, more infield than fullbacks and have to organise and direct instead of always playing their natural attacking game. At fullback he'd be popping up on both sides of the field, out wide where there's more space, plus broken field play, offloads etc. It's just much more suited to someone with his gifted running game.

Milford on 7 news.

Said it was always a dream to play for the Broncos, happy to play anywhere but eventually wants to play in the halves.

Was a short piece, not a whole lot more to it other than they stressed his humble nature and how his large family keeps him grounded.

Can't believe some of the people on here would be so heartless that they wouldn't let the best newcomer to our team play in the position he wants to! Shouldn't it be settled now?

Can't believe some of the people on here would be so heartless that they wouldn't let the best newcomer to our team play in the position he wants to! Shouldn't it be settled now?

Not at all ... he should be like every other player and play where the team needs him to play. i think it will end up being 5/8, but it should be full back. the problem is the fullback position will be taken by someone with far less talent than Milford.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skyblues87
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.