Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Not at all ... he should be like every other player and play where the team needs him to play. i think it will end up being 5/8, but it should be full back. the problem is the fullback position will be taken by someone with far less talent than Milford.

But then if Milford isn't playing five-eight someone with far less talent will be playing there too. See the problem? Milford at 6 and a rep player at the back or Milford at fullback and someone who doesn't pass at five-eight. Hey look, it's 2014 all over again. But saying otherwise makes me a yes man.

If he can shine at 5/8th in one of the crappiest teams in the game with a coach who has an ordinary record with halves there is no reason why he can't shine in the halves here with a superior roster.

But then if Milford isn't playing five-eight someone with far less talent will be playing there too. See the problem? Milford at 6 and a rep player at the back or Milford at fullback and someone who doesn't pass at five-eight. Hey look, it's 2014 all over again. But saying otherwise makes me a yes man.
Oh please. Who is that someone with far less talent that doesn't pass at 5/8? Or do you really think anyone is arguing keeping Hoffman at 5/8? Unless you're implying Boyd is more talented than Barba... :laugh:

No one has said Milford shouldn't get a spot in the team, be it fullback or 5/8, but if he really has to come, let's get the $600K guy to play where he reps... wing!

If he can shine at 5/8th in one of the crappiest teams in the game with a coach who has an ordinary record with halves there is no reason why he can't shine in the halves here with a superior roster.

He didnt shine in the halves for raiders at all.

He was an enigma and had pros and cons for both positions. Defensively he was much better in the halves and not afraid to put his body on the line unlike at the back. At fullback his positioning was questionable (should improve with experience) but the main complaint was his kick returns, he cost the Raiders valuable metres basically every kick, looked like Robinson in the way he looked afraid of contact. The positive of him playing fullback though was he could inject himself anywhere anytime and cause real headaches for the opposition. In the halves he did start looking better when he had an organising half in Cornish beside him (would've loved to have seen that combo develop long term).

Milford will be 5/8 in 2015 ... direct quote from Bennett

So Milford is locked in at five-eighth?

Yes he is and I’ll tell you, I’m going to persevere with him. He’s got X-factor about him. I’ve seen what Anthony can do at fullback but that won’t be where he plays right now. The club doesn’t have a five-eighth so we need one of those more than we need a fullback. He’s quite a talent, if I can help him along his journey. They are only young men so if I get it right it can set the Broncos up for the next seven to 10 years. That’s what we did with Alf (Allan Langer) and Kevin (Walters). I made a tough call with Wally Lewis at the time, but they were to go on and be a part of four or five premierships. We had wonderful players but they were the cornerstone of the team. They were the guys who made it all happen. It’s such a crucial position those guys play. They have youth and tremendous ability.

Error Page

Error Page

So, that means Barba is either gone or he will be playing from the bench.

I can't see Barba staying for much longer if that's the case. I think he will go to the Titans.

Last edited:
So, that means Barba is either gone or he will be playing from the bench.

I can't see Barba staying for much longer if that's the case. I think he will go to the Titans.

Either way barba will need to stay to get teams like the Titans interested. He has already been shipped around and they didn't want him.

Maybe barba will move to the wing or centres

Barbas only positions within our team (that i believe anyway) are fullback or 5/8.

Bennett talks about getting his confidence back..... so maybe he could go back to fullback if his confidence returns ?

I hope WB can get him back on track.

Error Page

I like WB's warning that it will take time to gel and that he's committed to giving Hunt and Milford the time they need. I think he's right, those two are the future of Brisbane and will hopefully lead the resurgence for our once great club.

I'm excited...

Saw Milfy out and about last night. All good for him if he's just letting off steam, but if he's killing it at NRL level whilst on the ciggies he's got ungodly talent.

Saw Milfy out and about last night. All good for him if he's just letting off steam, but if he's killing it at NRL level whilst on the ciggies he's got ungodly talent.

On the ciggies !!

Geez i can't see Wayne liking that.

I can't see how it's up to Wayne anyway, as long as he meets his performance targets it's none of his business really. Then again, it could really just be having a smoke on a big night out, I know plenty of non smokers that have a smoke at parties but don't normally smoke.

Maybe they were herbal ciggies

Milford and Hunt the halves combination for PM's XIII game in a few weeks, will be interesting to see how they work together, even if its only a small snippet of things to come.

Does this mean milf won't be eligible for Samoa for the four nations?

Active Now

• Galah
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.