Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Not yet but as soon as one comes up someone will def post a link.

Re: Broncos sign Darius Boyd

I'm actually warming to the idea of Barba on the wing, not because I like it but because we need him in the team and interchanging with Boyd at fullback could work a treat. Thought I'd go with:

1. Milford
2. Boyd
3. Copley
4. Hodges/Reed they are both injury prone
5. Vidot
6. Barba
7. Hunt

The fact someone would keep barba at 6 blows my mind.

not that I think it won't happen, but has it actually happened yet?

The thread is titled "Broncos sign Darius Boyd" as if it was fact, but has it actually happened?

I haven't seen it but maybe I missed it

Yeh, it would suck to do that to allow milford to play in his best position...

His best position according to some fans. The people that matter obviously don't share your opinion.

chris garry is usually on the mark with his broncos info at least.

The thread is titled "Broncos sign Darius Boyd" as if it was fact, but has it actually happened?

I assumed that the Broncos themselves said that the Boyd signing was to happen today, but everything was from the media, with nothing direct from the Broncos. But they haven't denied it either. So I think it's inevitable.

1415153510.gif
His best position according to some fans. The people that matter obviously don't share your opinion.

Ok now ill take the bait. The only person that "matters" apparently is Wayne Bennett. Ricky Stuart clearly didnt share the opinion hes best position is 6 or he wouldve been there all year, not just at the end to cover injuries. It's not just "some fans" that think his best position is fullback, its a majority of the rugby league community at this stage. To suggest the majority of people in the know think he is a better 6 is just a blatant lie

Ok now ill take the bait. The only person that "matters" apparently is Wayne Bennett. Ricky Stuart clearly didnt share the opinion hes best position is 6 or he wouldve been there all year, not just at the end to cover injuries. It's not just "some fans" that think his best position is fullback, its a majority of the rugby league community at this stage. To suggest the majority of people in the know think he is a better 6 is just a blatant lie

The Majority of the Rugby League community? I must have missed that survey.

Using Ricky Stuart to back you up? That's like going into a fist fight with Betty White on your side

lmao.

ricky stuart normally = worst coach in the nrl.

ricky stuart using milford = genius, absolutely has to know what he's doing.

gold.

It happened when we signed Bennett. Why people still can't understand that Boyd just follows him everywhere without fail I'm not sure.

Boyd himself has basically even been quoted confirming it:

After eight years, Darius Boyd reunites with his mother Rochelle
“My grandmother has been a huge support and she’s not getting any younger and it’s hard to see her as well, so it would be a lot easier to see mum as well more often and spend more time with them,’’ Boyd said.My wife’s family is there, some of my really close mates are there too, so there’s definitely a lot of positives.
“The Broncos were also my childhood favourite club, so to be able to play there early on in my career and get back there, it would be pretty special.’’

I just thought of something else that makes this signing even more stupid - Daly Cherry Evans.

He's off contract at the end of this next season. With the huge dollars we're throwing at Boyd, we could've spent not much more and had a good stab at Cherry Evans, who has been linked to us previously. Imagine this for one second:

1. Milford
6. Hunt
7. Cherry Evans

That is the building blocks of a multiple premiership winning team, 10x more dangerous than Boyd/Milford/Hunt. With Bennett at the helm Boyd will never be dropped, so we would either have to lose Milford or Hunt to get Cherry Evans. More than likely we just won't even have a crack at him because of this, which would be idiotic.

I can't believe that people are now arguing that 5/8th is Milfords best position lol. Did you guys watch him play at fullback and at 5/8th? At fullback he killed it for 2 years. Absolutely tore teams up. He played very much like Lockyer did, chiming in as a playmaker when he wanted to. From 5/8th he was nowhere near as effective as he had far less time and space, and was the focal point in attack. Defenders knew he was getting it, and knew where he was at all times.

I swear, the second Bennett says something a big bunch of BHQ posters just blindly believe it. It's laughable and sad.

Last edited:

lmao.

ricky stuart normally = worst coach in the nrl.

ricky stuart using milford = genius, absolutely has to know what he's doing.

gold.

Well who the **** is everyone else that think milford's best spot is 6? Bennett is one... who are the rest?

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.