Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Everyone seems to forget that Milford wants to play five eight. What happens to players who are put into positions they don't want to play in? They leave

This is pretty much be /thread right here. It won't be, but it should be.

Everyone seems to forget that Milford wants to play five eight. What happens to players who are put into positions they don't want to play in? They leave

Hoffman wanted to play 5/8th too, doesn't mean its his best position.

It just makes more sense seeing him pop up on both sides, not mostly be stuck on the left, play out wider, and also run in support.

Anyway, he was saying he's happy at fullback too before. Now that Bennett pretty much confirmed him there, he's not going to say otherwise.

Last edited:
This doesn't mean he wouldn't be content with the fullback position, nor has he ever indicated that 5/8 is the only position he's willing to play.
It's a mere preference, like many other players have...
Not everyone is like Hoffman, Hodges preferred position is fullback for example. Have you seen him throw tantrums to play there?

Re: Broncos sign Darius Boyd

You can't just pick and choose when you believe something.

You have spent years on this forum telling all and sundry that WB is a useless hack that no longer has the pulling power with players, yet when you want to live out your fantasy that DCE would leave Sydney (and that's what it is, a fantasy) the opportunity to play under WB is suddenly a huge attraction
thats a flat out lie.

I have always maintained that he has pulling power. I dont know why, but he does, and I've never said he doesn't.

Unless you can quote me saying he doesn't have any pulling power, kindly stfu and stop spreading lies.

On DCE - you've got rocks in your head if you think that there's no chance of DCE coming here. If the money is right and the team is right, he would do it. His missus might not want to but whos to say she wont change her mind if he wants to? Now we'll probably never know because with spending big on Boyd theres no room in the team for DCE.

The only thing Milford has said about where he wants to play is that he's just happy to be playing NRL and he will play in whatever position the coach chooses. He has never, as far as im aware, said he wants to play five eighth/doesnt want to play fullback.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who does not want DCE?

Start of the year I did but Hunt has shown himself to be better than I expected so now I'm firmly in the no camp. Having DCE join Milford and Hunt is just as dumb as having Boyd join Barba. Probably more so with Taylor around.

I was on the "Offer DCE every cent we have" boat at the start of the year, but after watching Hunt blossom and DCE be mediocre for most of the season, we really don't need him, Hunt & Milford will be an above average combination for several years, let's spend our money on props and stuff.

let's spend our money on props and stuff.
and fullbacks we dont need.

DCE is a proven performer. he had a dud year this year, but he was very injured for a large portion of it. he should've been sidelined for at least 2 months but kept playing (and played a large part in us losing the origin series because of it).

Milford/Hunt/DCE would deliver us a premiership within 2 years with the rest of this squad.

Would happily take DCE at the Broncos......but not for what he seems to be asking.

We have got some of the best juniors coming through now, I say we use them instead of poaching players from other teams for a while.

If we're playing the sign-whoever-you-like-even-though-theyll-never-leave-their-current-club fantasy game I'd sign Cooper Cronk over DCE. And marry George Clooney.

why are you guys all so adamant that DCE wouldn't leave? because his missus doesnt want to leave sydney? gee im glad some of you guys dont have anything to do with recruitment lol.

"oh he really likes that sandwich shop around the corner from shark park, we better not even bother trying to get gallen"

You honestly expect an off contract DCE would be the same price as Boyd? I guess we'll see come 2016 but at the moment I find it laughable.

Even if we did sign DCE instead of Boyd, how long could we actually afford to keep them in the same team?

I can't even tell if you're just meant to be a troll account.

You honestly expect an off contract DCE would be the same price as Boyd? I guess we'll see come 2016 but at the moment I find it laughable.

Even if we did sign DCE instead of Boyd, how long could we actually afford to keep them in the same team?

I can't even tell if you're just meant to be a troll account.

I can tell and so can many others.

Active Now

• Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.