Anthony Milford Discussion

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
We should have kept Darren Nicholls. He could potentially be amazing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm not sure what's less enjoyable, this escalating Milford weight gain joke or actually watching Milford play this season. It's a tight race.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Didn't we offer 2.7 over three years. Pretty close to 1mil

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
My guess is in 3 months time, we will all be looking back on this thread giggling to ourselves at how silly we were. Keep the faith fellas.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
My guess is in 3 months time, we will all be looking back on this thread giggling to ourselves at how silly we were. Keep the faith fellas.

I hope so

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
A) other clubs have over spent expecting a higher cap than it looks like now

B) club management don't think he is worth what he is asking and are using the no cap room excuse.

C) We have a quality half signed on for next season (yet to be announced) and don't actually have the cap space available. I want to believe.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Why can't Milford be like this guy? Why must he put on muscle?

Jeremy+Gillitzer+%2314.jpg

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If Milford really does want 1m+, then I hope it's true that club won't pay that much.

I rate Milford, I think he has potential to become a really good player, but he sure as shit is not worth 1m+ a season right now.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Once again, I really appreciate the input, but I never said that, I said in game scenarios, not in games.

Is there a game situation that is better than a game?

You sited the example of line breaks in games- where else is a line break during a game happening if not in a game? You wanted to compare it to data from earlier games and line breaks then and how fast he was going.

But not in games.

If only we could set up some sort of game, where he ran in a game, and had opposition also in a game, where he was playing the same game and we could somehow take that game data from a game.

Hang on couldn't we take GPS data and get all that.....apparently not.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Is there a game situation that is better than a game?

You sited the example of line breaks in games- where else is a line break during a game happening if not in a game? You wanted to compare it to data from earlier games and line breaks then and how fast he was going.

But not in games.

If only we could set up some sort of game, where he ran in a game, and had opposition also in a game, where he was playing the same game and we could somehow take that game data from a game.

Hang on couldn't we take GPS data and get all that.....apparently not.

You said they take the statistics "Distance run and Top speed", neither of those are relevant in the discussion we're having. We're discussing his lateral quickness and movement through traffic, the gps tracker can't track those things, they're things that have to be measured in a specific set of circumstances in a controlled environment.

But really, once again, thank you.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
You said they take the statistics "Distance run and Top speed", neither of those are relevant in the discussion we're having. We're discussion his lateral quickness and movement through traffic, the gps tracker can't track those things, they're things that have to be measured in a specific set of circumstances in a controlled environment.

But really, once again, thank you.

Pity you didn't say that- you said breaks from one point to another from earlier in his career compared to now.

If we REALLY wanted to compare we'd have to do it in a game situation (i.e - wait for him to get a line-break and compare how long it takes him to get from x to y, matched against a similar line-break from earlier in his career.)

I pointed out that was simple to do and not hard as you claimed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Pity you didn't say that- you said breaks from one point to another from earlier in his career compared to now.

I pointed out that was simple to do and not hard as you claimed.

I never claimed it was hard to do, I said that it what would be a better comparison point than his top speed at training. As I said earlier, there's too many variables for there to be a straight forward game to game comparison, you could get a rough idea, but if you wanted an actual measurement on Milford's current lateral movement and such you'd need to do controlled testing. They do it in the NBA, it's called the draft combine, they test every single measurable statistic from each prospect.

But assuming the Broncos don't do a similar thing it'd be kinda pointless, as we wouldn't have any previous years to compare him to.

It's one area where we're absolutely centuries behind the United Stats, the amount of depth their sports scientists & training staff go in to is incredible compared to us. We test their endurance over long distance and test their speed over 100m and call it a day.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Shane Tronc
  • Footy Fanatic
  • mrslong
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • kiwi2
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • westy316
  • kman
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.