Anthony Milford Discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Oddly enough there's actually variables when it comes speed and agility with football players, if you aren't aware. Did you know that it's actually harder to run to the opposition try line when you're carrying a football and evading opposition players? I highly doubt they tested his agility and speed in game scenarios, which means it's pretty much irrelevant information.

If we REALLY wanted to compare we'd have to do it in a game situation (i.e - wait for him to get a line-break and compare how long it takes him to get from x to y, matched against a similar line-break from earlier in his career.)

Of all the theories this makes sense. Ball goes to Milford.

Mid-pass, he thinks "how am I going to get through this line".

Speed.

He thinks back to the testing. "When was I fastest?" What's the difference?

Light bulb. The ball. He's not holding a ball.

* Drops ball.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Of all the theories this makes sense. Ball goes to Milford.

Mid-pass, he thinks "how am I going to get through this line".

Speed.

He thinks back to the testing. "When was I fastest?" What's the difference?

Light bulb. The ball. He's not holding a ball.

* Drops ball.

1435143844109.jpg

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Outrageous!

You mean to tell me you're using data and testing from professionals? Hoops and Corvo live to fight another day.

That'll never catch on.

Funny how the shutters always come down... Until the problems become unavoidable...

Attachments

• IMG_0291.GIF
    IMG_0291.GIF
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, that's the guy.....
In 2015 MILF was a relative unknown and he had all the freedom he wanted.
Since then the opposition have worked him out and he has been contained.
Is it his fault?
Dunno, game plan looks shithouse to me and the forward seem to be contained as well, everyone here would or should know the stats.
I honestly thought that the game plan against the dogs would be just keep turning those big fat turds around and let MILF run amok when they were tying. Nah, SFA.
Of all my concerns with MILF is his attitude to the rough stuff, somebody tackles him hard and he sulks on the ground looking at the ref with a look on his face of poor me, they got me and the ref wont give me a penalty.
JUST GET UP AND PLAY THE BALL YOU SOFTCOCK, YOUR LETTING THE DEFENSE GET ORGANIZED.
By the way, I'm not sure if he learnt that from Darius or he taught Darius.
Either way, I reckon the kid has had it his own way for so long I doubt he can ever rise to the heights of 2015, especially when his forwards make half the meters than the rest of the forwards in the NRL

*you're

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm not the only person. People in the know seem to agree with me...
He may be a bit bigger (naturally when you go from 19 to 22), but hasn't lost speed or agility according to them either. Guess who I believe?

P.S. The weight difference keeps increasing too... 11 kgs now! :notsureifserious:

The fat **** needs to lose weight, 15 kgs heavier is unacceptable.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Milford's management wants $1m+ a season, the Broncos won't / can't get close to that figure.

According to Chris Garry anyway. Looks like we might need 2 new halves for next season. Moses & Brooks anyone? :barf:

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Can't believe Milford thinks he's worth a million a season. Fat prick can't run or catch

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Milford's management wants $1m+ a season, the Broncos won't / can't get close to that figure.

According to Chris Garry anyway. Looks like we might need 2 new halves for next season. Moses & Brooks anyone? :barf:

It just keeps getting better! How come we cant afford shir but these other clubs just keep buying.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Imagine how much food he can buy with 1mil a year! We are fucked.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It just keeps getting better! How come we cant afford shir but these other clubs just keep buying.

A) other clubs have over spent expecting a higher cap than it looks like now

B) club management don't think he is worth what he is asking and are using the no cap room excuse.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Not sure tbh. I only heard it in passing, not sure if Garry said we couldn't pay that much or wouldn't pay that much. It would seem odd that we couldn't find $1m in the cap considering we're losing Hunt and lost a bunch of players in the last 12 months and only added guys on very small contracts.

I'm really annoyed at how Milford is playing, but I want to re-sign him, I still think he's going to come good eventually and at the very least become a well above average Five-Eighth.

Maybe we overpaid people like McCullough, McGuire & Gillett..

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
On a serious note, Milf isn't worth a million a season but some stupid club with a flexible cap will pay it.

I'm wondering if this is why we are supposedly chasing Moses? Him and Taylor will compliment each other well.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Not sure tbh. I only heard it in passing, not sure if Garry said we couldn't pay that much or wouldn't pay that much. It would seem odd that we couldn't find $1m in the cap considering we're losing Hunt and lost a bunch of players in the last 12 months and only added guys on very small contracts.

I'm really annoyed at how Milford is playing, but I want to re-sign him, I still think he's going to come good eventually and at the very least become a well above average Five-Eighth.

Maybe we overpaid people like McCullough, McGuire & Gillett..

I doubt Bennett has overpaid any forwards. Maybe broncs are playing hardball , so we can have funds for a 7. Maybe elgey , **** you titans!!!

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
On a serious note, Milf isn't worth a million a season but some stupid club with a flexible cap will pay it.

I'm wondering if this is why we are supposedly chasing Moses? Him and Taylor will compliment each other well.

Taylor looks like staying at titans , so that ain't happening.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I doubt Taylor will return. Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. He is carving it up at the Titans and they would be crazy not to try and build a team around him.

Re-signing Milford is an absolute must.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.