VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
“The notion that the Brisbane Broncos were going to need a two or three-year rebuild after Wayne Bennett was sacked is complete nonsense,” Renouf wrote.

“The Broncos did not need to be rebuilt 18 months ago.

“After the side were beaten by the Dragons in the 2018 finals series I rang Wayne Bennett and had a conversation about what we both believed was a promising future.

“We shouldn’t forget that it was under Bennett that Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs and David Fifita were nurtured and given their NRL debuts, and he was excited about developing them further.

“This is where it is ridiculous to say that the club needed a so-called rebuild because under Bennett the Broncos won 64 per cent of their games in his second stint, the same winning ratio he had prior to 2009. My question is: Why wasn’t that recognised?

Well said Pearl, I swear I've heard that all somewhere before.

Pat

“The notion that the Brisbane Broncos were going to need a two or three-year rebuild after Wayne Bennett was sacked is complete nonsense,” Renouf wrote.

“After the side were beaten by the Dragons in the 2018 finals series I rang Wayne Bennett and had a conversation about what we both believed was a promising future.

“We shouldn’t forget that it was under Bennett that Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs and David Fifita were nurtured and given their NRL debuts, and he was excited about developing them further.

“This is where it is ridiculous to say that the club needed a so-called rebuild because under Bennett the Broncos won 64 per cent of their games in his second stint, the same winning ratio he had prior to 2009. My question is: Why wasn’t that recognised?

Um thats great and all....but salary cap?

pearl knows all.

There do seem to be multiple problems now, however the more I learn it all points to clumsy, if you can call it that, administration and negotiation around player contracts and retention, also that would include the coach. It would seem the pointy of the contracts is not Darren everywhere, so that would leave the other board members as responsible, presumably the player manager concentration is part of the same elephant in the room as well perhaps?

Recruiting is mixed in with the player contracts as if you have no cap space then it's not going to help recruiting.

Last edited:
There do seem to be multiple problems now, however the more I learn it all points to clumsy, if you can call it that, administration and negotiation around player contracts and retention, also that would include the coach. It would seem the pointy of the contracts is not Darren everywhere, so that would leave the other board members as responsible, presumably the player manager concentration is part of the same elephant in the room as well perhaps?

Recruiting is mixed in with the player contracts as if you have no cap space then it's not going to help recruiting.

I honestly think the elepahnt in the room is the coaching staff and ability. I remember when playing lower grades we had an ex red's player as coach, and just because he had credentials, half of us who were professional just couldn't buy in or get on board. Its hard to play for a coach when you cant believe or see their ideas working, it gets even worse when you see them struggling. Becomes a very vicious cycle.

The Broncos need to tell the players if they swap over to Isaac Moses's mob they won't be negotiating with them. Even if it's Fifita. That's what TPJ and Oates (I think??) did last year, waited out their contract and swapped to Moses, looks like that's what Fifita is doing now too.

Broncos can't even sign players that are managed by someone else now thinking that's one less player by Moses, when the guys are then swapping over to him.

Seibold being managed by him is the biggest reason why we need to flick him.

The Broncos need to tell the players if they swap over to Isaac Moses's mob they won't be negotiating with them. Even if it's Fifita. That's what TPJ and Oates (I think??) did last year, waited out their contract and swapped to Moses, looks like that's what Fifita is doing now too.

Broncos can't even sign players that are managed by someone else now thinking that's one less player by Moses, when the guys are then swapping over to him.

Seibold being managed by him is the biggest reason why we need to flick him.

All the Moses players just part like the red sea in defence.

Can you post some of the doomsday stuff you claim you said before Seibold came or even before he started losing last year???
I've been through a few threads and I can't find anything much. Accept certainly had a view that Seibold was on the nose but you not so much.
You must have an idea where you posted all of your opinions, like I said, BEFORE we started losing.
Genuinely interested BTW as the only one who was calling Seibold out, as f as I can see, was Accept.

Can you post some of the doomsday stuff you claim you said before Seibold came or even before he started losing last year???
I've been through a few threads and I can't find anything much. Accept certainly had a view that Seibold was on the nose but you not so much.
You must have an idea where you posted all of your opinions, like I said, BEFORE we started losing.
Genuinely interested BTW as the only one who was calling Seibold out, as f as I can see, was Accept.
I said before he even got here that he looked like he didn't know what he was doing and he couldn't handle the pressure. I'm not inclined to go through threads to find posts I know I made - so keep looking.

I said before he even got here that he looked like he didn't know what he was doing and he couldn't handle the pressure. I'm not inclined to go through threads to find posts I know I made - so keep looking.
That's because you said hardly anything. Like I said I have been through the threads and you are full of shit.
Claiming you were screaming from the hilltops how Seibold would be shit, well I can't see anything much.

This player manager situation is diabolical at the Broncs and Worriers. It's like trying to negotiate with a union when you are a private employer... good for the union members I would say but tough for the employer. Except that analogy likely has some big holes, or needs some qualifying as it's very good for the boss of the union and certain members, but not so good for all members of the union or the collective results of the business :)
[automerge]1593753629[/automerge]
If I was negotiating a contract with a coach who doesn't have a history of doing what I want, ie: winning something! I would seek to structure something like this... year 1 and 2 the KPI would be to win at least 1 finals game, if this is not achieved I (the club) have a right of review and option to terminate the deal (with reasonably payouts) and by year 3 if there are no finals games won then the option to terminate at no cost to the club would be on the table, simple to structure and protects the clubs interests and for a coach inheriting a roster that has pretensions to challenge for the title surely something that is not going to stop them signing.

Last edited:
That's because you said hardly anything. Like I said I have been through the threads and you are full of shit.
Claiming you were screaming from the hilltops how Seibold would be shit, well I can't see anything much.
Look harder mate. It's all there.

Look harder mate. It's all there.
Nah, barely a word before he started. Couple of things after the first couple of trials but nothing like you have claimed.
Being a Bennett psycophant doesnt mean you foretold us all what Seibold would be like.
You're a fake.

Nah, barely a word before he started. Couple of things after the first couple of trials but nothing like you have claimed.
Being a Bennett psycophant doesnt mean you foretold us all what Seibold would be like.
You're a fake.
Lol ok bud.

Your investigative skills are as wanting as seibolds coaching ability.

Nice try tho.

You're a fake.

I had a look myself.

He seemed non-plussed about Seibold, the only knock against him at first was his inexperience. @Cult3 was far more scathing in his assessment.

It's less to do with Seibold and more to do what would have happened if Bennett had have been given an extra year. After that he was cynical of the media coverage and how they were constantly talking up his coaching techniques and recruitment.

Nothing there to suggest that Seibold couldn't coach, would doom the club and if only they had listened to me none of this would have ever happened. I think that became the perception, so he just owned it.

There were plenty of us who wanted Wayne to see out his deal, the thing was we got over it because it was history.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.