VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Nothing there to suggest that Seibold couldn't coach, would doom the club and if only they had listened to me none of this would have ever happened. I think that became the perception, so he just owned it.
So i had to specifically say he would doom the club?

I can remember saying we would succeed in spite of him due to the talent we had, but not even I could predict how dire it would be.

When he had a fucking sook about not knowing who he was coaching the following year was the first time I said he couldn't handle the pressure.

So i had to specifically say he would doom the club?

I can remember saying we would succeed in spite of him due to the talent we had, but not even I could predict how dire it would be.

When he had a fucking sook about not knowing who he was coaching the following year was the first time I said he couldn't handle the pressure.

Anything to the effect of 'we shouldn't sign this bloke' would have sufficed.

Face it goat, you're just like the rest of us mere mortals.

I actually can't remember Goat bagging Seibs, i think he just had a crush on Wayne?

Last edited:
Anything to the effect of 'we shouldn't sign this bloke' would have sufficed.

Face it goat, you're just like the rest of us mere mortals.
So by me saying we should stick by the existing coach it doesn't say we shouldnt sign this bloke?

Ok.

Nah, barely a word before he started. Couple of things after the first couple of trials but nothing like you have claimed.
Being a Bennett psycophant doesnt mean you foretold us all what Seibold would be like.
You're a fake.
I saw one post from quite a while back where he calls Seibold a fraud and it was in 2018.

Can you blame him? The entire process of him coming to the Broncos was drawn out by a month because of Bennett being a ****.

(Whether Bennett had the right to be a **** is a discussion for a different day, but the point remains.)

"I have had a gutful," Seibold told News Corp Australia.

"I've been sitting here for four weeks and feeling like a punching bag.

"It's not acceptable and it's not fair."

The reigning NRL coach of the year said he had twice been told by the Rabbitohs that he'd be coaching the Broncos in 2019 and that he'd actually packed up and cleaned out his office at the Rabbitohs last Thursday afternoon.

Seibold pointed the finger firmly at Bennett for "playing games".

"I told my wife and three daughters we're leaving. We've told the kids twice we're moving and then twice that we're staying," he said.

"They've been in tears. We're trying to sort out their schools."

So by me saying we should stick by the existing coach it doesn't say we shouldnt sign this bloke?

Ok.

For his existing deal, you were fine to move him on afterwards because this 'was the best he was going to get'. His replacement was inevitable and you didn't have a strong opinion either way on Seibs.

I found two or three posts from two years ago where broncsgoat emphatically declares Seibold to be crap.

For his existing deal, you were fine to move him on afterwards because this 'was the best he was going to get'. His replacement was inevitable and you didn't have a strong opinion either way on Seibs.
Wrong. He had a very clear opinion and he didn't rate Seibold at all. He may have bowed to the inevitable but clearly disliked the notion of Seibold coming to Brisbane.

Heres a post from broncsgoat

I would be bitter if I was Bennett. Seibold is a nobody, Bennett is Bennett, the most successful coach of all time and we denied him a measly a one year extension.

• Post #2,961
  • Dec 1, 2018
  • Forum:

Last edited:

Here's another from broncsgoat:

Seibold doesn’t have the neccesary fortitude to coach the broncos. He has shown himself to be not worthy.

• Post #2,974
  • Dec 2, 2018
  • Forum:

Last edited:
Wrong. He had a very clear opinion and he didn't rate Seibold at all. He may have bowed to the inevitable but clearly disliked the notion of Seibold coming to Brisbane.

Seibold had already signed with the club for a month by that point and the best criticism he offered was that he was a rookie which I noted.

If you dig further, he was happy for Bennett to quit coaching when his contract was up.

You may even come across a post where he says he doesn't care who the coach is for 2019.

This goat bloke sure knows how to get everyone talking about him

Yeah I'm done.

Being right complex is strong here, Why would anyone be happy with mediocrity.

With what resources we have we should be oppressing every team in the league no exceptions.

Seibold had already signed with the club for a month by that point and the best criticism he offered was that he was a rookie which I noted.

If you dig further, he was happy for Bennett to quit coaching when his contract was up.

You may even come across a post where he says he doesn't care who the coach is for 2019.

Yeah I'm done.
Actually I did dig a little deeper and he was critical of Seibold before he was signed but had been spoken about. The fact is goat was strong in his condemnation and so far he's been right and the rest of you wrong. That could change though but the record shows he wasn't a fan from the beginning.

He openly states that Seibold doesn't have the ability and a lot of people now agree. The difference is goat got in early and declared early, earlier than just about everyone. Myself and Accept were not fans of WB not being allowed to finish his current contract but reserved judgement on Seibold. There was one other , Dee I think who couldn't understand why WB and Seibold didn't finish out their contracts rejecting the ridiculous claim that it was 'untenable'.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Turky Murky
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • The Don
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.