VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Starting when? Hes been at club for 1.5 years, does that mean the deal has 2.5 years left + 1 in our favour?
I found this
The 45-year-old is in the second season of a five-year deal with the Broncos, reportedly with an option in his favour, but says he won't be hanging around if he doesn't feel he's up to the role.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
If they dumped seibold and it cost them $3m. Pretty sure it would be possible to find 30,000 people who would chip in $100 for him to **** off? I mean I would.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Reportedly 800k p/a? **** me dead, what a group of drop kicks the board is to agree to that figure for a rookie coach. THere should be multiple resignation letters on the desk tomorrow.

So we have another person not performing on a bloated salary.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Thorn and Hodges SOS

Thorn, with the right assistants, would be the best man for the job imo. A hard ass who is renowned for his work ethic and knows how a footy club is meant to be culturally from his time at the All Blacks and the Broncs of old. He's also been good for the reds according to my mates who actually watch union.

Shaun Wane is also an option, but he's riskier in my mind and obviously doesn't have a connection to the club like Thorn does.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'd still beg Flanagan to leave the shire. I think he's available for next year which wouldn't solve our current dilemma but ****, he'd do a job. Hard bastard and proven.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
If it comes down to a business decision paying him out will be a lot cheaper than the loss of income and brand damage which will occur over the next few years.

White will be taking him to the pie shop and sitting in the back passenger side straight behind our coach.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'd still beg Flanagan to leave the shire. I think he's available for next year which wouldn't solve our current dilemma but ****, he'd do a job. Hard bastard and proven.

he is not available until the end of next year ... so effectively for the 2022 season...

Last edited:
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Last week Pies said we had done the hard work at training and we're ready to get serious- by the end of the game we had a player swearing at the ref and some player's laughing. This week Pies said it was imperitive the boys remembered to have fun - by the end of the game we had some players crying.

Can you all see the disconnect?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Last week Pies said we had done the hard work at training and we're ready to get serious- by the end of the game we had a player swearing at the ref and some player's laughing. This week Pies said it was imperitive the boys remembered to have fun - by the end of the game we had some players crying.

You know the fun part of sport? Winning.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

you know what i see ... people complaining when the players are smiling after a loss ... only to then complain when they break down in tears

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Careful there @Shed, you might be putting out a confusing message there, kids nowadays are taught the key to having fun is just taking part.

Taking part and getting paid

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
That QLD came within a whisker of winning last year reflects really well on Kevvie’s coaching. Our team was vastly inferior to NSW but we were 10 seconds away from beating them. I think with the right assistants he would do a really good job here.
Qld probably would have won in 2018 if the refs weren't given a directive to cheat in the blues favor. Game 2 NSW had a player in the bin when Mitchell trips a Queenslander yet inexplicably no sin bin for Mitchell. The powers that be couldn't risk a decider at Lang park after all the golden era Queenslanders had just retired.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
you know what i see ... people complaining when the players are smiling after a loss ... only to then complain when they break down in tears
To be clear, I wasn't complaining about either though. Just pointing out how the players' behaviour reflect the opposite of what the coach is saying.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
he is not available until the end of next year ... so effectively for the 2022 season...
Okay, cheers. Just on a side note I believe Bird won't be fully on our books next year.

Unread

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Bish
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Seibs
  • MrMoore
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.