VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Does anyone else grow up disliking blokes like Fitzgibbon, Ryles, Ben Cross etc? I don’t think they’re a good fit for the Broncos. I want people to come here because they love the club, not for a pay check. Same goes for the players.
personally if they are a good coach i wouldn't care if they came from another planet. as long as they can make the club successful then that's all that really matters.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Nope. IMHO we need to get back to being the Brisbane Broncos and everything that means like when we first kicked off.
Playing for your home club has to mean something otherwise you basically have mercenaries.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
BBL Chairman's AGM Address to Shareholders
Index
Index2

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
What "promising performances on the field" is he talking about? Does he mean the interpretive dance routine in the warm-up? Because I would argue that is in the sheds and not on the field.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
What "promising performances on the field" is he talking about?
I think they mean promising for News Corp clicks as a result of us being a basket case.

News love the Broncos being shit as much as having a good year. We're the talk of the league for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
What "promising performances on the field" is he talking about? Does he mean the interpretive dance routine in the warm-up? Because I would argue that is in the sheds and not on the field.
He's talking about the women's team. Reading the rest of it you'd think the Broncos are some kind of indigenous outreach charity. The irony in that is from what I can see we've developed **** all indigenous players recently. We're verging on an Islander team these days, and they didn't exactly scour villages looking for them. Half of them went to private schools.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Does anyone else grow up disliking blokes like Fitzgibbon, Ryles, Ben Cross etc? I don’t think they’re a good fit for the Broncos. I want people to come here because they love the club, not for a pay check. Same goes for the players.

I actually think the exact opposite may be the way to go.

Seibold is the typical 'Queenslander who grew up supporting the Broncos and always wanted to play for them'.

We should completely throw out where a person comes from or who they supported as a kid, get the best man for the job. Get a man who won't wilt under pressure from the old boys. Won't take shit from the media because he's worried about the brand. Someone who has the balls to drop a club legend 12 months before a fan of the club would even consider it.

Yes I'm describing Michael Maguire, but I'm sure there's others out there if you look hard enough.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I actually think the exact opposite may be the way to go.

Seibold is the typical 'Queenslander who grew up supporting the Broncos and always wanted to play for them'.

We should completely throw out where a person comes from or who they supported as a kid, get the best man for the job. Get a man who won't wilt under pressure from the old boys. Won't take shit from the media because he's worried about the brand. Someone who has the balls to drop a club legend 12 months before a fan of the club would even consider it.

Yes I'm describing Michael Maguire, but I'm sure there's others out there if you look hard enough.
I feel like that works for every other club but non-Broncos fans grow up hating us. It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to bring in someone who despised us for over half of their life. What happens when they leave? Why would they want us to succeed for any other reason than money? Can they be trusted? It just doesn’t sit right with me. I’d be willing to settle for someone that we didn’t used to play against like Maguire, but the guys I listed don’t seem like a good fit.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I agree with Gus, I am worried about Seibold's mental health. He is copping it from all angles and just looks like a deer in the headlights, it will take a massive toll to have an entire city against you. I reckon he would be copping it in the streets too.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I feel like that works for every other club but non-Broncos fans grow up hating us. It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to bring in someone who despised us for over half of their life. What happens when they leave? Why would they want us to succeed for any other reason than money? Can they be trusted? It just doesn’t sit right with me. I’d be willing to settle for someone that we didn’t used to play against like Maguire, but the guys I listed don’t seem like a good fit.
Because not everyone who isn't a Broncos fan hates us? Yes, some do. Some are apathetic, some respect us for what we stand for and everything in between. This mentality that people cannot live and breath something they didn't grow up loving is absurd. Many people can be highly professional and treat their job as their passion and legacy irrespective of the name on the door.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Craig Bellamy played against the Broncos in the second half of his career and has coached the Blues. Has every reason in the world to hate Brisbane / Queensland.

We ruling him out?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
the problem with keeping it in house means you have a very shallow talent pool to choose from, and it simply reinforces an old boys club which isn't a good thing.

it's good to recognize the past with past players and glories, but you can't wallow in them forever and have it prevent you from moving with the times.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
"We've told the kids twice we're moving and then twice that we're staying. They've been in tears."

Must be worse for the Seibold household now then back when he officially got the gig.
Maybe the kids should persuade the old man to quit since he's almost at breaking point. Guaranteed crucifixion from the Storm coming this Friday.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Craig Bellamy played against the Broncos in the second half of his career and has coached the Blues. Has every reason in the world to hate Brisbane / Queensland.

We ruling him out?
He’s also spent his entire coaching career bending us over illegally both on and off the field. During negotiations too. I don’t dislike many more people in rugby league than Bellamy so this little gotcha moment didn’t quite work. I wouldn’t rule him out but I’d certainly not be very happy if he decided to come to the club now that Smith is close to retiring.

I’m sure you get my point, you’re just doing what you usually do. I want someone who loves the club to coach us, wouldn’t that be your preference too?

Last edited:

Active Now

• The Don
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.