VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Who did Brad Arthur take over from? Was he fighting nearly as much of an up hill a battle as Seibold is? Honestly curious, I have no idea...

IIRC, he took over after Ricky Stuart walked out to go to the Raiders

IIRC, he took over after Ricky Stuart walked out to go to the Raiders

Right, looks like Arthur was interim after Kearney got canned, then Ricky took over and walked out soon after, and Arthur got the permanent gig. So not exactly apples and apples with Seibold's situation.

Todd Payten has done an amazing job with the Warriors side and is very impressive when it comes to verbalising the issues with the Warriors. They are playing far better and look so much more structured under him. Would the Broncos dare? I tell you what, I would consider it long and hard on a 2 year deal.

Part of the Brad Arthur situation was they gave him time to get the dud and not worth it contracts off the book, and to build his team. Pies has someone elses team with a few exceptions and still needs time to get his players into positions. Thats the main difference between the two. But Parramatta did suck badly in 2018 before they canned Norman.

Did they?

Wasn’t he 4 games off not getting a renewal at one point?

Todd Payten has done an amazing job with the Warriors side and is very impressive when it comes to verbalising the issues with the Warriors. They are playing far better and look so much more structured under him. Would the Broncos dare? I tell you what, I would consider it long and hard on a 2 year deal.
Maybe. I'd still prefer a coach with more experience and gravitas. Someone whose name already carries a bit of weight would be an advantage in turning things around imo.

Maybe. I'd still prefer a coach with more experience and gravitas. Someone whose name already carries a bit of weight would be an advantage in turning things around imo.

Oh of course but I'm talking in the absence of that, which is the reality of the situation.

The only coaches I would chase are Bellamy and Robinson but neither are leaving where they are.

Did they?

Wasn’t he 4 games off not getting a renewal at one point?
He probably was, but I was trying to bring it back to the players as well as the coach. You can hate the coach but still have enough pride to run out and do your best, you can hate the coach but still stay in shape during that break we had, you can hate the coach but still love the club. He has a lot to answer for, but so do the players.

Pies let Fifita slip under his nose, not great at building/retaining a team either it seems
I'd probably put that on Nolan more than anything.

It can be suggested that Fifita walked because of the coach, but that's just Gordie level agenda'ism.... he was offered almost double his pay check for next year.

Nolan should've locked Fifita down early, yet he was the one who was led down the garden path hand in hand thinking everything was fine

Last edited:
I'd probably put that on Nolan more than anything.

It can be suggested that Fifita walked because of the coach, but that's just Gordie level agenda'ism.... he was offered almost double his pay check for next year.

Nolan should've locked Fifita down early, yet he was the one who was led down the garden path hand in hand thinking everything was fine
I was responding to a post about it not being seibolds team.

Honestly WTF has to happen?? The warriors are stuck in Australia all season, full of injuries and players who have gone home and they manage to beat the sea Eagles. The dogs have a rubbish roster and they roll the knight's and come within two of the eels. And we look clueless and get flogged weekly which isn't even an under statement and there is nothing but full support for the coach.

I've managed to not chuck a tantrum this whole time but tonight tipped me over the edge. We have nothing but individual brilliance and even that is scarce. We are losing players, rumoured to have players looking to leave, looking disinterested, poor discipline on and off the field. Every week we persist is just ripping the club further apart. Both clubs who have removed their coach have improved, take the hint and do get it over with.

Honestly WTF has to happen?? The warriors are stuck in Australia all season, full of injuries and players who have gone home and they manage to beat the sea Eagles. The dogs have a rubbish roster and they roll the knight's and come within two of the eels. And we look clueless and get flogged weekly which isn't even an under statement and there is nothing but full support for the coach.

I've managed to not chuck a tantrum this whole time but tonight tipped me over the edge. We have nothing but individual brilliance and even that is scarce. We are losing players, rumoured to have players looking to leave, looking disinterested, poor discipline on and off the field. Every week we persist is just ripping the club further apart. Both clubs who have removed their coach have improved, take the hint and do get it over with.

Chuck the tantrum
Let it out
We are here for you buddy!

Unread

Active Now

• Lazza
  • Cavalo
  • Old Mate
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.