VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Seibolds interchange strategy just floors me. I would say this aspect alone would be reason why some players form is down.

Playing hass for 80 mins or there abouts with him having do 2 hit ups a set of 6 is too much and it is clear to see his defence is suffering for it. Turpin is best at 50-55 mins where he can go all out. Why turn him into a 70 min tackle bot whose defence also suffers?

He seems to have no idea about his players

Seibolds interchange strategy just floors me. I would say this aspect alone would be reason why some players form is down.

Playing hass for 80 mins or there abouts with him having do 2 hit ups a set of 6 is too much and it is clear to see his defence is suffering for it. Turpin is best at 50-55 mins where he can go all out. Why turn him into a 70 min tackle bot whose defence also suffers?

He seems to have no idea about his players
But he has PowerPoint slides and Excel spreadsheets! His methods are so futuristic they almost seem magical to us lay people. We wouldn't understand.

I actually think Fittler would make a great NRL coach now. He has good engagement skills, has learnt and matured from his previous stint, and has a good football brain. He also isn't afraid to give opportunities and set high standards.

Another reason to add to the list is that it really pissed me off when that idiot was grinning and laughing when Fifita scored.

Another reason to add to the list is that it really pissed me off when that idiot was grinning and laughing when Fifita scored.

‘Look guys that’s our future there. Dearden to Fifita, remind me to tell fans that’s the reason to be excited for next year.

Honestly I haven’t been impressed with Seibold at all but how much can we blame him for some of the soft tries we have conceded this year?

Some of these “elite” players need to take a long hard look at themselves. They are very happy to collect their 600k+ pays each year but when it comes to putting your body on the line or turning up for your mates and fans they seem to not care. Some of those areas I talk about come down to effort and self pride. Something the coach can’t really do much about once they have taken the field.

There is only so much a coach can do. I actually think we have improved slightly The past 3 weeks all be it we have still lost all three games.

I can see him being given one more year or at least half of next year.

I wonder how many game we would have won if the boys old got paid 25% of their salaries everytime we lost. I guarantee we would have won more then 3 games and that has nothing to do with coaching......

Last edited:
Honestly I haven’t been impressed with Seibold at all but how much can we blame him for some of the soft tries we have conceded this year?

Some of these “elite” players need to take a long hard look at themselves. They are very happy to collect their 600k+ pays each year but when it comes to putting your body on the line or turning up for your mates and fans they seem to not care. Some of those areas I talk about come down to effort and self pride. Something the coach can’t really do much about once they have taken the field.

There is only so much a coach can do. I actually think we have improved slightly The past 3 weeks all be it we have still lost all three games.

I can see him being given one more year or at least half of next year.

I wonder how many game we would have won if the boys old got paid 25% of their salaries everytime we lost. I guarantee we would have won more then 3 games and that has nothing to do with coaching......

The old under 12s take a 10m tap and score under the posts play still works it seems

The old under 12s take a 10m tap and score under the posts play still works it seems

That’s exactly my point. That’s not a coaching issue but an attitude issue. That’s just lazy with a total disregard for the jersey.

It brings me back to my point about the players pay. I guarantee you that if the players were only paid 25% of their salary every game we lost we would have more then 3 wins this season.

I remember saying at the time I felt keeping Milf on that ridiculous amount and letting go of KNik was a questionable decision, there were quite a few who felt the same.
Yep, I always wanted Milford gone and to keep Nikorima. Niko is flat out a better player on a third of his wage. Milford is shit.

As we all know, Seibold needs to go and (more then likely) will be gone at seasons end, actually a thrashing by Canberra may change that? But unfortunately this board is just so piss weak and living in fantasy land that they probably still thin that we can make the 8.. lol.
We would have to be odds on to take the spoon this year with who we are still yet to play.
The big issue is, who the **** do we replace this current coach with? Green and Walters are probably the front runners, but honestly I don't have any confidence that we will see much improvement with either as coach.
Ikin for mine is a walk in for the CEO role and I think he is what this club needs moving forward.
I couldn't give a single **** how this team performs off-field. It is clear that the board and management only currently care about the off-field side of the organisation and pretty much have forgotten that this is a sporting club.
There are rumbles that Madge Maguire isn't too happy at the Tigers and he may become an option.. He is probably sour on how things went when he last applied for the role, but I think a hard head like him is what this squad needs.
I was filthy that we lost Fifita and still am, but I have now come to realisation that there are a lot deeper issues then losing Fifita.
I'd be happy to put the entire group in a room **excluding Haas, Dearden and Carrigan** (once the coach is gone) and say to them if you are not happy, then go, however the club isn't chipping in any $.
I think we could build this roster moving forward on those 3: Dearden, Haas and Carrigan.
Yeah I have got a bit off track but honestly there is just so much wrong with this club as a whole that its hard not to go off on different tangents.

As we all know, Seibold needs to go and (more then likely) will be gone at seasons end, actually a thrashing by Canberra may change that? But unfortunately this board is just so piss weak and living in fantasy land that they probably still thin that we can make the 8.. lol.
We would have to be odds on to take the spoon this year with who we are still yet to play.
The big issue is, who the **** do we replace this current coach with? Green and Walters are probably the front runners, but honestly I don't have any confidence that we will see much improvement with either as coach.
Ikin for mine is a walk in for the CEO role and I think he is what this club needs moving forward.
I couldn't give a single **** how this team performs off-field. It is clear that the board and management only currently care about the off-field side of the organisation and pretty much have forgotten that this is a sporting club.
There are rumbles that Madge Maguire isn't too happy at the Tigers and he may become an option.. He is probably sour on how things went when he last applied for the role, but I think a hard head like him is what this squad needs.
I was filthy that we lost Fifita and still am, but I have now come to realisation that there are a lot deeper issues then losing Fifita.
I'd be happy to put the entire group in a room **excluding Haas, Dearden and Carrigan** (once the coach is gone) and say to them if you are not happy, then go, however the club isn't chipping in any $.
I think we could build this roster moving forward on those 3: Dearden, Haas and Carrigan.
Yeah I have got a bit off track but honestly there is just so much wrong with this club as a whole that its hard not to go off on different tangents.

I like it but I would be keeping Coates and Herbie out of there as well. Those are the five you build around. I am not even sure what to do with Staggs, his defense is way too poor to be a centre at present.

Pies quarantined for two weeks as per broncos release

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  • Gaz
  • blacknwhite
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.